Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash Landing (TSG)  (Read 1270 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Crash Landing (TSG)
« on: March 28, 2015, 05:41:52 am »

---SYSTEM F-F-FAILURE--/
---SYSTEM REBoOT---

The haze begins to clear hours after the crash. You lay there, immobilized and impaled by countless pillars and beams of metal for what felt like an eternity before you felt the enormous weight of the metal pulled off of you by tiny workers. One by one, piece by piece, the drones scurry on your huge body and remove the shards of metal embedded in you. The pain is excruciating, but not as severe and as intense as the pain you felt when millions of your children were obliterated with the main fleet.

Yes, you remember now. The last battle you led was a complete failure. The One Enemy had produced a weapon of mass destruction capable of wiping out your entire armada. Only was it through the combined efforts of your generals and princes were you able to escape and crash-land on a distant planet. You don't know how much time has passed since your escape, but the Enemy's forces must be searching for you, no matter how far you've escaped.

Hours later, the wreckage is completely removed from your body. Unfortunately, the damage was so severe that it is now completely useless. Telepathically you send the drones to retrieve a special machine designed specifically in case the queen's body was damaged beyond repair. The drones will upload your mind into their collective mainframe while the machine constructs a new body for you. Relics like these are extremely rare and your race has lost the ability to reproduce them.

You close your biological eyes for the final time, opening them again through the million tiny eyes of the drones. You see your mangled corpse lie lifeless in your throne. Your egg-sac has been ruptured. Your head had been cleaved in half. Something must have shot down your escape pod when you reached their orbit. Hopefully, whoever lives here doesn't come searching for you just yet. You set your drones to begin constructing a new body. The menu screen of the relic appears.

Spoiler: BODY RECONSTRUCTION (click to show/hide)

In the midst of configuring your new body, a warning message appears. The royal stasis chambers' bio-systems are ruptured. If you act now and divert all remaining life-support to two of the eight stasis pods, they will be saved, but six others will die. It is a difficult decision. All of them were given life by you. Picking one over the other is not what a mother should ever need to do.

Spoiler: LIFE SUPPORT FAILURE (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: QUEEN STATUS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SHIP STATUS (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Crash Landing (TSG)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 06:50:16 am »

What happens if we just open all the stasis pods rather then dumping power into them?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 06:55:35 am »

Half frozen corpses, presumably.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 08:06:40 am »

Body Composition: CHANGELING
Strain: DIPLOMAT

Stasis 4: Princess Detrax
Stasis 5: Gene-priest Anthrax

Allies to fight the Enemy will be necessary or at least beneficial. Their WMD was clearly very capable of getting through all our defences so we'll need to adopt the defences of other races in order to survive it. Getting access to multiple types of technology should also help in other regards and help give back whatever technological edge we had with the creation of cyborgs. While we can always get technology from neighbours or gain it on our own, magic-usage might not be something we can learn from other races or recover on our own, therefore it would be wise to keep the knowledge preserved.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 08:26:14 am »

Body Composition: CHANGELING
Strain: DIPLOMAT

Stasis 4: Princess Detrax
Stasis 5: Gene-priest Anthrax

Allies to fight the Enemy will be necessary or at least beneficial. Their WMD was clearly very capable of getting through all our defences so we'll need to adopt the defences of other races in order to survive it. Getting access to multiple types of technology should also help in other regards and help give back whatever technological edge we had with the creation of cyborgs. While we can always get technology from neighbours or gain it on our own, magic-usage might not be something we can learn from other races or recover on our own, therefore it would be wise to keep the knowledge preserved.
+1

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 05:16:10 pm »

Good to see this back.

Body Composition: Mother
Strain: Constructor

Stasis: Crown Prince Dominus (Constructor with knowledge and a perfectionist. Sounds like a good chap)

Princess Detrax (Diplomat who is also power hungry. Perfect inside frenemy right?)

We'll rebuild quickly and get the denziens of this world to follow our lead whether they want to or not.

The ability to construct and breed while also fratenizing is too good a power as any simple weapon.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 05:36:26 pm »

Anyone have a name or title? (If not I'll randomly generate both.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 05:44:07 pm »

For my Queen: Lysandra the Golden Mother.

For Anders: I'd say Zemuk...idk. Changelings aren't exactl known to carry titles as they always recreate themselves.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 07:45:55 pm »

Lysandra for queen name.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 05:26:11 pm »

bump?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 05:55:44 pm »

Good to see this back.

Stasis: Crown Prince Dominus (Constructor with knowledge and a perfectionist. Sounds like a good chap)

Princess Detrax (Diplomat who is also power hungry. Perfect inside frenemy right?)

We'll rebuild quickly and get the denziens of this world to follow our lead whether they want to or not.

The ability to construct and breed while also fratenizing is too good a power as any simple weapon.
+1

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 06:28:19 pm »

Good to see this back.

+1
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.