Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: God of the New World Mafia: L's Victory  (Read 15646 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia: Day 4: Pursuit
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2015, 11:07:17 pm »

Also, I'm going to unvote my shorten vote because it's not actually MyLo.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2015, 11:56:18 am »

tntey, you really should vote for someone (preferably TDS) so that we don't lose.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2015, 03:42:44 pm »

Deus Asmoth, whats your role?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2015, 04:14:58 pm »

I'm Watari. I protect someone each night. When I protected you last night, I was informed that you were L because you ate a lot of sweets and bite your thumb.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2015, 04:48:30 pm »

I'm Watari. I protect someone each night. When I protected you last night, I was informed that you were L because you ate a lot of sweets and bite your thumb.

Okay. Vote TheDarkStar
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2015, 08:59:06 pm »

So Deus Asmoth must be Kira. I thought it was tntey earlier, but that's not possible because DA says that tntey is good. If both of you were lying, this game would likely be over already, so it has to be Deus.

tntey: Thoughts? Who do you suspect more and why?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2015, 05:22:51 am »

So Deus Asmoth must be Kira. I thought it was tntey earlier, but that's not possible because DA says that tntey is good. If both of you were lying, this game would likely be over already, so it has to be Deus.

I suspect you. What is your role?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
But you came here. That proves you are Kira!
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2015, 07:07:52 pm »

L's Theme
The old man and the wildly-haired detective close in on the brown-haired youth.

"It's over, Kira. You lost the game," the detective coolly says.
"N-no! I'm NOT KIRA!", the young man shouts.
"Don't bother trying to deny it. You killed Near and Misa, and misdirected Mikami and Penber to prison, didn't you?"
"I didn't! It's not true!", pleads the youth.
"We all know who you are. There's no point hiding it..."

"Light Yagami."

The young man is handcuffed and arrested by the master detective and his aide. At the trial, the judge sees no reason to believe Light is not Kira and sentences him to death.

The killings stop. Slowly, the world returns to normal. Criminals, nations, and humankind itself stop fearing Kira. The detective's greatest triumph against the egomaniacal madman lives on throughout history as perhaps the closest thing to the end of the world as we know it humankind has ever faced.

L wins!

GG. That went much closer to the wire than I'd predicted. I might have to run another game someday.

Role recap:
TDS was Kira and could kill somebody every night, as I said in the first post.
tntey was L and could investigate somebody every night, for obvious reasons. I incorporated the percentages he would always fire off as a "balance" mechanic; 60% chance of being right every time.
roo/Deus was Watari and could protect somebody nightly, since he was L's guardian. I have no idea how that was supposed to work (Maybe he redacts their name in all places it can be found?) but I figured it would be interesting to incorporate a doctor. He had a special reaction where he found out who L was if he protected L.
NQT was Misa and could check somebody every night to convert to Kira's side. She accidentally got killed by Light the night she tried to join him. If Light had targeted anybody else he would've automatically won, although I would've dragged it out a nice long while to give the last person a false sense of hope.
flabort was Near and was a backup for L, since that was the entire point of Near. I should probably have given him 1-shot Bulletproof or something.
Arcvasti was Penber and he was a tracker, as he tracked Light in the story. He was, rather unfittingly, jailed instead of assassinated.
Tomasque was Mikami and got converted if he was targeted by Light, mimicking the way Light chose him to be another Kira.

And just for fun I put shinigami flavoring in all of the spoilspecs' PMs about how this was all so interesting.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia: L's Victory
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2015, 07:19:48 pm »

nice!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2015, 09:04:03 pm »

I know it's after the game ended, but still:

I suspect you. What is your role?

I should probably claim now, since it actually is LyLo (flabort is on the list of votes yesterday for some reason).

I'm Touta Matsuda. I have a one-shot kill (and if I don't kill Kira, I die too) and a one-shot investigate (I can check if someone is Kira or not). I checked Deus last night and he was not Kira. Therefore, tntey must be Kira.

Anyway, I messed up by not having stronger play throughout the game and by trying to throw suspicion on tntey rather than Deus at the end. I had a chance by trying to lynch Deus, but no chance trying to lynch tntey because of Deus's inspection.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2015, 09:18:58 pm »

Yaaay.
I had some knowledge of the %chance of L's inspect; since as Near I had a %chance too, with an improved chance if I inspected someone L inspected. It was sort of the reason I was against the plan of no-lynching to allow L to investigate, because I wanted to rely on scum hunting in case of the whole %chance failure.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2015, 09:29:25 pm »

I wish we'd had more people, though. I had a few roles in mind I never got to give out. I'll have to try to get more players next time. :v

((For the interested: there were Soichiro, Matsuda, and Mello. Soichiro knew that Matsuda wasn't Kira from the start, and if Matsuda died he became an always-accurate cop; Matsuda was in the dark, but if Soichiro died he became a vigilante. Mello was a cop who was always right but died if they investigated Kira. I cut those three because they were too reliant on a large crowd to function properly in normal gameplay.))
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2015, 11:57:14 pm »

Heh, I was right on TheDarkStar being Kira. Them not redacting their vote on me after saying I was probably innocent was the big giveaway. I didn't count on L inherently having a failure rate though. And Kira didn't have a delayed kill. They must've gone for Mikami/Tomasque N1 then. Or maybe Watari/Deus Asmoth blocked them?

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2015, 04:27:53 pm »

Nah, roo disappeared way before the game started. Watari was completely inactive most of the time. Light wasn't allowed to kill anybody N1 as a quick-and-dirty attempt to lengthen the game.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]