Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The human merchants hold onto their goods, even after death!  (Read 992 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
The human merchants hold onto their goods, even after death!
« on: February 24, 2016, 05:08:03 am »

So I embarked in a terrifying biome. This was a terrible idea in hindsight, because the rain of tigerman blood meant that the merchants inevitably got spooked and ran.

When this happened to the human merchant, they fled and left their goods on the side of the map on top of a pile of "wagon wood". However, the game seemed to think the humans were still there, and it told me near the end of the season, months after the merchants had left, that the merchants were "preparing to leave", then "departed".

The merchants' trade goods are still there, but they remained marked as belonging to the traders, so my dwarves could not stockpile them. They can move them around to build stuff underneath, and build constructions out of them though.

Edit: here's the save

Has this happened to other people? Do I understand the bug right?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:21:47 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
Re: The human merchants hold onto their goods, even after death!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 06:56:57 am »

d-b-c ?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 08:38:28 am »

I remember this from the earlier DF2014 versions. Can't help you with the cause, but waiting until next year's human caravan to arrive and leave (safely) did the trick for me.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 12:02:44 pm »

d-b-c ?

They are claimed. I can build stuff with them and move them around, but my dwarves won't stockpile them and the stock screen doesn't acknowledge them as mine.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 12:09:48 pm »

Interesting.  I had a bin with a pick and wood corkscrew that was hauled in the trade depot for trading. 
I can't recall if it was still marked withe [T] for trading, instead of [P] pending while it's being hauled. 
Anyway, after the merchants leave, I deconstructed the trade depot because the plan was to build it inside a structure. 

After the trade depot was deconstructed, the bin with a pick and wood corkscrew sat on the ground and aren't getting hauled; even when toggling dump , remove dump, forbid, and claim.

It finally cleared when the caravans showed up, and the haulers moved the bin to the new depot.  I was able to remove the [T] trading tag and it was hauled to stockpiles