Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Divinity 2: Godgame (IC)  (Read 2279 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity 2: Godgame (IC)
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 05:18:10 am »

Interference. Pain. Severed Connections. Unacceptable.

As they had been bidden a small group of Vaceo were puryfing a new deposit they had recently discovered, it was hard and unthankful work, but Wakan-He had clearly decreed that it was poisonous and that it had to be done.

As they set to work the earth around them suddenly rumbled...something was awry...A Cave-in? No that would be impossible they had been meticulou-

The thought would never be ended as the lindworm devoured them. He had waited in ambush at this deposit, the Vaceo nothing more but tasty morsels, their souls and essence useless. He would later exrete it into the core, while the minerals and metals the Vaceo had purified (and more importantly the flesh of the Vaceo themselves) would wander through his digestive tract were the minerals and metals would once more be attuned to the Cursed Iron.

Great Act: Create the Lindworms. Lindworms are massive flightless dragons, intelligent and dangerous, they are adapted to dwelling in the depths and hunting down enterprising Vaceo who would dare purify the Earth of the Cursed Iron. Their digestive tracts can devour anything they please, their excretions consist of random metals and minerals all influenced by the Cursed Iron. They are even able to devour souls and essence, for which they have no use as such. It is usually excreted into the Cursed Cores were it will become part of the Cursed Iron, but they can hoard essence in their bodies and use it in self-defense if needs must.

Lindworms are also awfully curious fellows, as such they oftne strike wagers with those they ambush, if the win a ridddle contest or can the lindworm something he doesn't already know they may leave with their lives intact and even a hoard of cursed metals.

A Lindworm can never die of old age, similiarly they cannot stop growing. Luckily they grow rather slow...which shouldn't be a problem for the next few millennia or so.

2. Allow all three beings entrance into the Bubble

3. Deed: Influence the Dreams of the Vaceo, make it clear to them that as long as they try and purify the Cursed Metals and Core they will be attacked by the Lindworms.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 05:40:43 am »

Allow the Auchidibean Vessel into the bubble on the condition it does not harvest or damage Lakota in any way.
I have no qualms with you Vessel, enter and act at your own peril. However, you must abide by the condition you do not interfere with Lakota. Do so, and we shall have no quarrels.

Discuss with the demon and the oracle their motivations and goals.
Perhaps our goals align, there is no reason that we cannot come to a mutually benefitial relationship.
The Vessel sends a curt message. "Unacceptable."

The demon answers in a long dreary speech that stresses the many gifts it could offer the mortals of creation that may or may not also benefit himself. The demon seemingly has few motivations beyond accruing essence from the mortals of creation, although on a scale much smaller than that of a god. Such examples, as the demon is quick to list, include contractual immortality, devilish wit, wealth beyond compare and other such things that mortals seem to desire. Of course, most of these also require the sale of the mortal's soul as well as other 'priceless' items. The demon is quick to note that this will not at all impact your own essence generation, although the words of a demon are usually circumspect.

The oracle on the other hand seemingly desires a home for the time being, as well as the opportunity to create mortal heroes, which she will is more than able to do with her skills. She does not disclose as to why she would wish to.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 06:23:26 am »

Harvester, bringer of conflict. Useful.
Heromaker, excellent, offer of items, offer of enemies.
Daemon, trade in kind. items to sell, items to buy.

Offer Entrance to the Auchidibean Vessel with no restrictions.
Offer the Oracle entrance and to arm her heroes as they emerge with weapons made by the Cursed Iron. If wished monsters to slay will be provided too.
Offer the Demon entrance and an offer to forge artifacts of power for him. In return for acts of course.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 08:43:14 am »

Aqua watches the worlds come to life, as sentient beings  begin to carve out their legacy. On the planet of greed, he sees leaders who collected various trinkets come to power. Intrigued, Aqua will appear to them.

Children of Tik, you have shown great courage, defying even death to come to power. I come bearing gifts, power to those who hold such wonderful trinkets. I demand nothing in return, not even your worship.

Use one deed to speak to the Tik, and one act to turn the trinkets that were collected from the oceans into magical objects, granting the wielder strength, long life, luck, or even virility. Their intelligence may be lacking, but even the most dimwitted creature may draw power from these objects. The holders of these "artifacts" will be treated as rulers, and the lineage will go on strong, yet, consequences may arise. Their natural built in greed will cause those without artifacts to be envious, and in turn, will cause jealousy amongst the leaders. Both gods who currently milk essence from these creatures will find these conditions...favorable.

Satisfied, Aqua turns to Lakota, a world once arid, now quite a bit more hospitable. Competition is already looking favorable, and there aren't enough dominos to knock over yet. Aqua will wait, watching from the clouds as its fellow gods begin to argue.

Turning to the matter of foreign relations, Aqua will speak to Breex first.

I hope the offering of power to your creations brings you great joy. I would be willing to offer my assistance again, but in return, I only ask for your ear. The Auchidibean Vessel only wishes to take from our world, and offers up a meager prize. I do not want them here, nor do I want the other gods to have access to that prize... If you share that opinion, I humbly suggest vetoing their permission to enter.

Next, it will seek an audience with the Cursed Iron.
The Auchidibean Vessel has a world full of its own people. If we deny them entry, and they invade to steal our resources,  whose weapons will our creations use?  Why settle for just the souls of our world when you can consume the souls from both? Veto their permission to enter, and I will help ensure the conflicts continue.

Do not hinder the Demon Atorax requests to enter. Its temptations will provide a wonderful kink in the natural lives of this bubbles inhabitants.

Veto the Auchidibean Vessel's request to enter.

Offer the Oracle a plane or world of her own for her and her followers.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:13:30 am by Elvish Miner »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 12:56:01 pm »

Use one deed to speak to the Tik, and one act to turn the trinkets that were collected from the oceans into magical objects, granting the wielder strength, long life, luck, or even virility. Their intelligence may be lacking, but even the most dimwitted creature may draw power from these objects. The holders of these "artifacts" will be treated as rulers, and the lineage will go on strong, yet, consequences may arise. Their natural built in greed will cause those without artifacts to be envious, and in turn, will cause jealousy amongst the leaders. Both gods who currently milk essence from these creatures will find these conditions...favorable.
Turning to the matter of foreign relations, Aqua will speak to Breex first.

I hope the offering of power to your creations brings you great joy. I would be willing to offer my assistance again, but in return, I only ask for your ear. The Auchidibean Vessel only wishes to take from our world, and offers up a meager prize. I do not want them here, nor do I want the other gods to have access to that prize... If you share that opinion, I humbly suggest vetoing their permission to enter.

[/b]

"I....humbly.....request....you not touch my things.  Ever."

"Ahem.  A business arrangement can be reached, if you're willing to refrain from superseding me and dealing directly with my employees.  Offer favourable terms, and I will support your vetoing of the planet eater. I don't need THAT sort of trash in my space."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 02:56:51 pm »

Withdraw my support for the Vassel.
No arrangement can be made.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 03:31:45 pm »

"I....humbly.....request....you not touch my things.  Ever."

"Ahem.  A business arrangement can be reached, if you're willing to refrain from superseding me and dealing directly with my employees.  Offer favourable terms, and I will support your vetoing of the planet eater. I don't need THAT sort of trash in my space."

Aqua gurgles, which can be assumed to be laughter.

A business arrangement? You must be mistaken, I am merely pointing out a danger to our way of life, and how we can protect ourselves from it. What you do with this advice is none of my concern, but it definitely doesn't have a cost behind it. You fulfilled your half simply by listening.

Before leaving, Aqua shifts into a more etheral form.

Although...if you ever do dessire something from me in the future, thiss one will be willing to sstrike a deal.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2016, 06:22:14 pm »

Withdraw my support for the Vassel.
No arrangement can be made.
Copy my ally's stance on the matter.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2016, 04:39:57 am »

Aqua gurgles, which can be assumed to be laughter.

A business arrangement? You must be mistaken, I am merely pointing out a danger to our way of life, and how we can protect ourselves from it. What you do with this advice is none of my concern, but it definitely doesn't have a cost behind it. You fulfilled your half simply by listening.

Before leaving, Aqua shifts into a more etheral form.

Although...if you ever do dessire something from me in the future, thiss one will be willing to sstrike a deal.

"Harumph. Talks big, doesn't even wanna buy anything..."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 01:03:20 am »

Turn 2 Migrants

In time, the mortals grew.

The vast jungles and forests of Tik gave the chosen of Breex the space and resources to develop and learn. In time, small bands would become clans and these clans in turns developed into tribes, with some forsaking such familial groupings entirely, choosing instead to settle down and serve their god. Gathering at crossroads, territorial borders or places of great beauty, these acolytes of Breex developed the first true temples. With a little urging and encouragement, the tribes soon promised to support the acolytes and their rituals, as long as the temples in turn allowed them to offer up sacrifices to Breex.

As a consequence, the mangled seers and chiefs, were now relegated to the service of the temples while their more able-bodied kin were once again in command of the lay people. With healthy youths in command, it soon became common for mild disagreements to become skirmishes between clans, leading to a new era of violence amongst the tikkites. While ever-loyal to their lord, few saw a problem with a few fights and few deaths, especially if it was that of an enemy. Surely, none thought it odd that some had created odd spears out of the shiny rocks they had found or that the very life of those slain seemed to leave the body the instant they were struck. Indeed, some saw this as a very good thing.

For their work and continued piety, the great Breex praised his followers who in turn yet offered more thanks to their great god.

Amongst the Seven Moons, the salamanders developed in relative peace. There was no need to develop agriculture; the salamanders fed on the heat of their homeworlds and the Eversun. War did not occur; there was space for all. Trade did not occur; the salamanders were so sparsely spread that trade was unfeasible. Even so, a complex kinship system did develop that ranked the worth and power of any particular salamander by their family, what that family had done and what totems they owned. Totems, curiously metallic materials carved into perfect spheres, served as a kind of currency, shrine and trophy for the salamanders. What each totem was worth was also dependent on which family one asked. As such, competition for these totems drove most conflict and social interaction amongst the Seven Moons, even if that conflict was more ceremonial and often written in poem or drawn in art than with blood.

On Lakota, the tahook expanded outward and thrived, with thousands soon calling the world home. A race of zealots, the idea of a clergy was completely unthinkable to the tahook. It was the responsibility of all tahook, young and old, to worship their god as he desired. Indeed, how one worshiped Taro is often the main divider of societies amongs them, with families coming second to one's fellow adherents. Regardless, relative peace reigned, with all being careful to continue their god's worship and recognition of the Living Testament, the tahook's term for the theocracy that their god had created.

The relative harmony of the tarook was shattered however with the Second Spawning, when glorious Taro created yet more tarook. Weaker, slower and far more foolish than those who had come before them, these 'clay tarook' were seen as lesser beings by most of the so-called 'marble tarook'.  However, they knew that since Taro himself had created them, clearly they were meant to survive and be part of the Testament. In many cases, these tarook were made into second-class citizens, occupying positions as servants or slaves. Many saw themselves as mentors and teachers to the clay tarook, a clear imitation of Taro's own relationship to the tahook people.

While the tarook settled into the new state of affairs, beneath the surface of Lakota, a new intelligence stirred. The stone itself reassembled into new forms and shapes, gaining minds and souls. By the decree of Wakan-He, these Vaceo inhabited the dark underworld of Lakota, feeding on the earth itself, all the while creating yet more from themselves. In the process, all divine essence present in any minerals they fed on were expunged, save for that of the earth god himself. Wherever the vaceo spread their tunnels, the Cursed Iron predictably grew rarer. As decided by their divine creator, this was a holy act and indeed, many vaceo saw this as a way to atone for sins or ingratiate themselves with their god. In time, loose bands of vaceo calling themselves Purifiers were created. Often made up of youths or elders who did not enjoy the normal life known to the vaceo, these holy men were nomads who spent their lives far away, destroying the Iron where they found it. In more than a few mishaps, these Purifiers encountered tarook miners and artistans who mined the Iron, completely unaware of its corruption. Those who refused to surrender the Iron for Processing were slaughtered and while the tarook were certainly stronger beings, the species as a whole were unprepared for violence, never having to use weapons save for hunting.

As a response to reports of the stone itself rising to defend itself, the Testament entered debate, a debate that in truth, never truly ended. That the earth itself had suddenly came to life, that it called the metal that had recently been discovered to be so useful to be in fact evil, was a major crisis amongst the elite. It also raised a great many theological questions, ones that could not be answered without the presence of their god. In response, the First Council was established to deal with such problems and while many arguments were made, it was finally established that the earth was not of Taro's creation and indeed, it would not be wrong to continue mining its minerals and that if the earth itself objected, then it was the right of the tahook to dominate it.

Of course the vaceo were completely unaware of such developments on the surface. In fact, they themselves were facing a new crisis. The appearance of great serpents, the Lindworms, within the deeps of Lakota terrified many. One could hear their rumblings and tunneling in the earth but to escape was a near impossibility. Too intelligent, too quick, too powerful. Worse yet, all the minerals they consumed became Cursed, even the bodies of the vaceo themselves. To be consumed by a Lindworm was to damn one's soul. As a result, few but the Purifiers were willing to engage a wyrm, and none yet learnt to slay one. Instead, the vaceo spread out, occupying small creches and caverns. Fewer people meant less noise and thus a greater chance of avoiding a wyrm. Any chance for a vaceo city was as such, crushed. To even journey beyond a clan's tunnel network and traverse the abandoned deeps was seen as heroic and of course, suicidal. Merchants and the like as a result, became just as loved as the Purifiers.

While the vaceo loathed these creatures, few recognised the connection between Purifiying the earth and the appearance of the wyrms. Though the Cursed Iron had attempted to alert them to this, the dreams it had sent were rarely remembered and when they were, often muddled with all the oddities a dream could have. As such, none imagined that simply stopping the purification of the earth would end the attacks.

A few however had learnt the secret of escaping a Lindworm's wrath: wit. Any vaceo who hoarded knowledge, or were masters at the riddle, could escape the wyrms' gullet and in some cases, be offered a treasure of Cursed Iron. This of course, posed a dilemma. The Iron was evil and those vaceo who kept it were damned. However, to purify it was to beget the anger of a wyrm, one that could not be avoided with a riddle or a word. A few less scrupulous vaceo happily took the treasure, forsaking their god, and sold it to the coral-people above. Fewer still, giving in to the Iron completely, created weapons and goods of the metal, waylaying or raiding clan-holds and unknowingly, feeding the god of war himself. Most however, simply ignored the wyrms' hoard and went on their way.

On Tik, Lindworms were seen as minor deities. Massive, greedy and rarely seen, these powerful wyrms were seen as spirits of the earth, entities that created yet more of the useful Iron that became so useful amongst the tikkites. Those few fools who attempted to steal a wyrm's hoard were of course, quickly devoured, a fact that which was rarely heard since very few survived an encounter with a wyrm. The tikkites, strong as they were, could not answer a wyrm's riddle and rarely provided a new fact. Regardless of this, it became common for many clans to worship the local lindworm alongside other minor spirits, with Breex of course remaining the highest god of all. A few lindworms, flattered by their worship, indeed took up their assigned personas and created huge masses of Iron for the tribe's use. Such tribes quickly became dominant over their neighbours, conquering or forcing them to bow. With this power, the very first tikkite cities were founded. Built around the old temples of Breex, wyrm-kings built huge stone and clay cities to house their families, allies and slaves. Building altars and shrines to both their lindworm and Breex, many tikkites came to see the wyrms as earthly gods while Breex himself was the celestial god who ultimately ruled the cosmos.

While these wyrm-centric civilisations flourished, others continued on a pure state, worshiping only Breex and an assortment of nonexistent spirits. Some coastal societies, who had often dived into the ocean and now built boats to do so, had often offered up shells and corals to the great god. Even so, it was not Breex, but Aqua that gave them blessing for their tasks. Those who held the odd shells, teeth and stones of the oceans were now suddenly given the grace of rulers. Strength, fertility and old age were now given to them. Control over the so-called 'Relics of Aqua' were now hotly contested by the coastal civilisations that called Tik home. From these conflicts rose the first 'Crown Kingdoms', so-called because their kings derived their power from their assorted artifacts which were often placed into a crown. It was soon established that the artifacts had an additive effect, meaning that holding more of the artifacts would result in a yet longer life, greater strength and yet more offspring to continue the lineage. War was all too common amonst the Kingdoms, a fact that saw many military innovations made in a relatively short amount of time. 

Void Activity

The Bubble has not been secured. Forced entry into the Bubble is possible.

Atorax accepts the Cursed Iron's offer and immediately descends into the deeps of Tik. The Cursed Iron receives 1 Act.

The Oracle accepts Aqua's proposition and awaits her new world. In the meantime, she has descended onto Lakota. Aqua receives 2 Minor Acts.

The Vessel accepts the Cursed Iron's offer. It quickly begins mining a perfectly circular 279km wide hole on Tik's surface. The Cursed Iron receives 1 Act.

Spoiler: Divines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Essence Flow (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 01:34:25 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2016, 01:24:55 am »

((Sadly gonna have to step out of this game, heading overseas for Christmas, won't have access to my computer.  Thanks for having me. But before I go:))

"Welp, I'm being forcibly retired. Orders from even higher up.  And to ALL YOU GODLY SONS OF MOTHERS, I have a proposition:

Whosoever bids the highest number of Acts gets full control over my planet, and my employees, everything I own. The sum of this bid shall be used, as my final decree, to greatly increase the lifespan and living quality of my Tik, they've worked hard, they deserve a bonus. In return for this small payment, I officially transfer ownership of all my assets, to you.

Anyone interested?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2016, 02:00:10 am »

Deed: Speak to Taro
"Your people. They do not like my people. Your people use corrupted materials, so my people hate your people. If you allow my people to purify the materials of your people, they will stop, and the materials will be just as useful.

Also. There are pests in the earth. Exterminate them, and I will be grateful to you."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 08:39:28 pm »

Deed:
Appear before the Tarook and speak to them: I am sorry my children, you have been caught in a conflict between the stone god Wakan-He and the god of war Cursed Iron. The metals of this world have been cursed with a terrible corruption. The souls of those slain with this dark metal do not return to me, but are instead stolen by the Cursed Iron. As guardian of life, I cannot allow the souls of my people be devoured by an evil god. Allow the Vaceo to cleanse this world so that the earth may once again rest and so that the souls of all life may once again return to me.

Act:
Create the Eclant
Taro creates a species of giant net-like creatures which float above the clouds of every world. Needing only light to survive, these lighter than air creatures never descend from the upper atmosphere. These creatures are beautiful and fly with a rhythmatic and otherworldly grace. Their striking colors and bio-luminescence, as well as massive size, bring wonder to those who see them. They reproduce by budding smaller similar versions of themselves which live at cloud level during adolescence and grow to full size over several decades. Taro however did not create these creatures solely for their majesty, but with a specific purpose in mind. The Eclant attract and absorb the souls of the deceased and return them to Taro (unless those souls at taken by cursed iron). These glowing creatures do not just attract the souls of mortals, but also plants and animals so that all life may return to its guardian, and then be returned back to the world.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2016, 06:18:22 am »

Weapons of War.

Weapons for Daemonspawn.

Forge from Iron. Mundane. Forged from Steel. New. Innovation.

A glistening Armory stretched before the Daemon. Thousands upon thousands of swords, axes, poniards, spears and a myriad of other weapons. Next to them lay in neat rows armors, helmets, chainmails and gloves.

Atorax asked for weapons and he got them. Beyond even those in the farthest recesses of the armory lay a high quality arquebuses.

Weapons of Steel, mostly mundane except for a single difference. Each weapon would grow stronger with every enemy slain. The soul caught in the weapon fuelling it, making it ever more powerful. However should the wielder die or change the weapon would release its stored essence and return it to the Cursed Iron an investment paid in dividends over centuries and aeons.

1 Act: The Cursed Iron creates the Armory of Atorax: it contains a night endless assortment of mundane Steel Weapons. However if they kill an enemy they will devour its soul adding to the strength of the weapon making it ever more powerful (and with it, it is presumed, the wielder). Once the wielder dies however, the weapon releases all of its stored power to the Cursed Iron.

These weapons should help create mighty kings and heroes. Or if anything ruthless butchers.

With its duty fulfilled the Cursed Iron turned to other matters. That of the Tarook.

Religious Fools. See not advantages in Cursed Iron yet.

Backpacks Full of Steel and War.

No thought for the Plow.

Unsustainable. Has to be rectified.

1 Act: The Cursed Iron teaches the Tarook and the Vaceo in their Dreams about Irrigation, Crop-Rotation and various other means of non-mechanical agriculture. It does so disguised as a servant of Taro/Watan-He. It lays great importance on the use of Cursed Iron for the Tools however. It also teaches them the usefulness of manure as fertilizer and how to establish great midden heaps to enhance the process of creating manure.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2016, 10:19:29 pm »

Use 1 GA: Create a world for the Oracle, named Chaostas. It has a plasma inner core, surrounded by an aquatic outer core. The mantle consists of a porous cave network, completely flooded, and filled with marvelous bioluminescent leviathans. Through godly influence, the world doesn't seem to collapse on itself, though it may be the three moons that travel around the world in an elliptical pattern, acting as a pacemaker.
With all this water below the crust, the actual surface of the planet is mostly land. There aren't any oceans, but the surface is scared with rivers hundreds of miles wide, and lakes that seem to reach all the way down to the core. The lush terrain is supplied with plenty of rainfall, thanks to the millions of geysers that blast water from below the earth into the atmosphere, not because of built up pressure, but due to the moons. Life also thrives up here, and among them, will be an amphibious group of intelligent beings.

Use 1 Act: Create 3 pops in the image of the Oracle, however allow them to be amphibious.
Pages: 1 [2]