Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assign Housing After Economy?  (Read 686 times)

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Assign Housing After Economy?
« on: July 10, 2008, 12:26:22 pm »

Just something that I oughta mention, because it often annoys me...

I've noticed people complaining about the economy setting in and evicting all their dwarves from their homes. And even setting No_Rent dosen't allieviate all the problems.

I think it would be nice to be able to assign housing, for free, to any dwarf you want, even if they're too poor to buy it. Personally, I "adopt" several favored dwarves, non-nobles, and I still treat them as nobles, assigning them offices and palatial bedrooms and such. Especially my Founding Seven.

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
Re: Assign Housing After Economy?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 09:41:12 pm »

Having never made it to the economy, I still think this would be a great idea because it would mean that the economy wouldn't interfere with my everyone-gets-at-least-a-Quarters scheme. You know, like China, but with less pollution. I'm sure this has been mentioned a billion times before, though.
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 10:51:30 pm »

I'm still waiting for the supply/demand thing to be factored in. You shouldn't be punished for engraving everything (well, apart from by not knowing where the walls are).
If you want to adopt a dwarf, just make him book-keeper and set it to max. Legends don't have to pay rent.

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 04:22:59 am »

It's a real pain having to adopt several different dwarves repeatedly. Plus, I tend to make large, overblown, connecting-to-one-another's-rooms houses for family units.