Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Disgaea  (Read 2584 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Disgaea
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 07:38:29 am »

I only have the second game.  The story wasn't very compelling, but I guess it was kind of fun, it really didn't stand out at ALL though.  Building your characters is kind of fun, until you discover there's faster ways to get the same results through utterly monotonous actions.  And then you start wondering what you're bothering with.

I wish there was a way to make these games challenging, while still keeping the atmosphere of 'powerlevel your way through'.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 09:42:26 am »

River City Ransom. Advanced mode.
!!&!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 12:08:11 pm »

I only have the second game.  The story wasn't very compelling, but I guess it was kind of fun, it really didn't stand out at ALL though.  Building your characters is kind of fun, until you discover there's faster ways to get the same results through utterly monotonous actions.  And then you start wondering what you're bothering with.

I wish there was a way to make these games challenging, while still keeping the atmosphere of 'powerlevel your way through'.

Yeah but they arn't going to make another La Pucile

Even La Pucile 2 was a remake of 1.

Xombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 01:23:43 pm »

I personally love the hell out of the two latter games myself.

I'm curious where these reviews are coming from though, since: Metacritic scores for 1 and 2 are both the same (84/100), while 3 is a still respectable 78/100 - a mid-B by the grading systems I'm used to.

Metacritic is fucked up, so don't bother. Sometimes I look at user rating/posts though.

How is it fucked up? It gives you a whole wide range of reviews instead of exposing yourself only to the bias of any one site (a la IGN)
If you need just a list of reviews google does that too.

http://prflak.wordpress.com/2009/03/25/the-problem-with-metacritic/
Pages: 1 [2]