Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The 'Foods that people should like, but you specifically don't like.' Thread.  (Read 4967 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tomatoes and Cucumbers , I hate them! (for there taste , I can't stand it >..> , unless its on a sandwich , and it doesnt fit into a tuna salad damit i told mom about that -_-)

I wonder if this counts...

Because I HATE Lunchmeat (Deli meat in general. I hate when people say "Turkey Sandwiches" and it turns out to be the Deli kind... You know the ones that taste nothing like turkey and more like sweaty armpits)

But slather it in enough mayo and put it in a sandwich with some lettuce and I'll happily eat it.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

Eggs, or anything that has eggs in it (excluding pastries and bread). Especially mayo, just the smell makes me nauseous.
Also, I dislike pretty much all seafood. Unless it's drenched in hotsauce so I can't smell it.
And gravy, if there's nothing but gravy I just eat my potatos plain.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"if there's nothing but gravy I just eat my potatos plain"

REALLY good Potatos don't even need gravy

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile

Borscht shchi, and kasha.
Hello Hunam

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Borscht shchi, and kasha.

... Russian?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

Yeah.
Shchi is actually two letters.
I don't really like shch.
It's a silly letter.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, I meant in terms of "Are you Russian," sorry.  I don't think most people around here would consider those "normal foods."

(I am personally rather fond of shch)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, I meant in terms of "Are you Russian," sorry.  I don't think most people around here would consider those "normal foods."

(I am personally rather fond of shch)

Maybe he isn't (or she) maybe he lives (or she) in some sort of Russia Town.

Actually other then possibly Ghetto, which is no longer a proper term due to common usage, what is the term for a section of a city/town that is created to reflect the culture/archtexture of another culture/location?

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soup, mashed potatoes, etc. nonsolid stuff. can't stand it. I won't even try a sauce without something to put it on.

I also don't much like meat as a slab-on-a-plate, I like it as just another part of a dish.

Eggs and milk. eggs are nasty, and I can't handle milk. cheese, ice cream, sour cream, I can take. straight up milk? lactose kills me.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

NFossil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't eat raw apples without throwing up, but any apple product is fine.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I can't eat raw apples without throwing up, but any apple product is fine.
*insert obvious joke about macs and ipods*

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:05:45 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golonka
I should like it, because Real Men like golonka. But I can't stand the skin&fat combination.
Also, flaki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaki
which I should like for the exact same reason, but could never bring myself to try(tripe, ugh), even though I'm pretty sure it could be actually not too bad. After all, I love me some fried livers, meat&kidney pies, and heart stews.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile

I'm sort of drawing a blank, but I guess I don't care much for fruit-glazed meat dishes. I prefer meat salty, spicy, or au natural. Mango salsa duck? Say whut?

I also want to try haggis some day, get my heritage on. Probably won't like it, although I do like liver and onions.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

I'm sort of drawing a blank, but I guess I don't care much for fruit-glazed meat dishes. I prefer meat salty, spicy, or au natural. Mango salsa duck? Say whut?

So much this. If I want to taste fruit, then I'll eat a damned apple.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]