Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Ancients  (Read 2221 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ancients
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 04:10:25 am »

So this is what you've been working on.

After 2 months of not logging into Steam, I thought you were dead.

Can't access Steam whilst on a PC via Mobile Network. I'm on Skype though, been hoping to see you there some time :<.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 04:52:11 am »

I like the look of this reminds me of that mmo people were making that died I think topia or something.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 06:06:38 am »

I like the look of this reminds me of that mmo people were making that died I think topia or something.

Topia died? :(
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 06:29:59 am »

Well, if you paid close attention to it, it shouldn't be that surprising.

Then again hindsight is 20-20.

They never went the extra mile to actually sell their game. Mind you back then I really felt bad for being so critical of them, but apparently for once my mild disapproval wasn't the seal of quality.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:32:02 am by Neonivek »

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 08:03:15 am »

Well, if you paid close attention to it, it shouldn't be that surprising.

Then again hindsight is 20-20.

They never went the extra mile to actually sell their game. Mind you back then I really felt bad for being so critical of them, but apparently for once my mild disapproval wasn't the seal of quality.

I was quite looking forward to it... But after the little demo area on their website, the graphics are atrociously messy. The statues look like they've grown fur and were crafted with a circular hammer.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 09:18:48 am »

This creature set has 4 possible legs, 4 possible heads, 3 possible tails and 1 head during creature generation. Here are a couple of early results, animated.

A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 09:24:20 am »

Different rocks found through the world, some you've possibly never heard of, but are real.
Bro, do you even Dwarf Fortress?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 09:38:59 am »

Different rocks found through the world, some you've possibly never heard of, but are real.
Bro, do you even Dwarf Fortress?

Copy-pasted dialogue from another place I posted first. Forgive me ;~;
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 11:00:49 am »

Another attempt at game making Azkanan... Wish ya luck mate, I know how the others fell through due to reasons but lets hope this one stays strong...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 11:15:28 am »

Another attempt at game making Azkanan... Wish ya luck mate, I know how the others fell through due to reasons but lets hope this one stays strong...

Previous developments have been "Touch and go" and never had a real "Bang, go!" development feel. However, this one struck off straight away and we've been working on it every day for about 3 weeks or so straight now. I've made more progress with this Ancients in this that time, moreso than any other project across its entire time. With most other programmers I've worked with, getting details, screenshots and development conversations has been "To their convenience", meaning once a week or so, a couple of programmers never showed any results for their work and offered shallow "Yeah, it's going well" remarks instead, over several months. [/rant at crappy programmers].

Kibbelz however has been very professional throughout. He tells me what he's doing, what he plans to do, shows me his work, updates the DevBlog, shows genuine interest in the game and company's future, etc. At this pace, the game will be done in no time.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
Pages: 1 [2]