Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Flickeredbrightness, an 'alternate reality' LFR community succession fort  (Read 15843 times)

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
Re: Flickeredbrightness, an 'alternate reality' LFR community succession fort
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2012, 10:35:01 pm »

I know how the game works. n.n; I just didn't want to delay a year that would have been just about to end.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2012, 11:08:52 pm »

I know how the game works. n.n; I just didn't want to delay a year that would have been just about to end.

Looks a lot like a yes to me then  ;D  First post updated.  Looking forward to seeing your year when I can!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2012, 03:42:39 am »

7th of Granite, midmorning (Awake again)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

5th of Felsite, late afternoon (Diplomacy ends)

28th of Felsite, early afternoon (steady and safe)

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2012, 02:29:52 pm »

The Journal of Dumed Amning

1 Granite. I live!

1 Slate. Mood and justice.

14 Felsite. Siege.

17 Malachite. Tick-tock tick-tock.

23 Malachite. Head breaking.

1 Galena. Moody Wardog.

14 Galena. Siege.

2 Timber. Mood.

15 Timber. Caravans.

11 Opal. So leave already!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1st Granite
Dear Armok is this place an incomprehensible mess.

2nd Granite
And... there's a battle going on. Brilliant.

4th Granite
Um, okay. There's a bunch of levers that I have no idea what any of them do, even after reading the labels. Which one of them doesn't even have.

There's this super-complicated deathtrap with a super-obvious flaw -- if the victims survive and aren't horribly mangled, they've got free reign to enter the fort and wreak havoc. (Then again, is that actually possible?)

And, you know, a bunch of other stuff. Food and booze and junk.

I'm not even going to touch the military. I'm just going to assume the previous overseers knew what they were doing.

So... What to do during my term?

7th Granite
Oh, and some guy finished his artifact. Shiny.

(lookit me, i'm easily distracted!)
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh, okay, so. I am apparently so super easily distracted lately that it's fairly likely I won't be completing this turn in any reasonable amount of time.

I'll try, but if you guys get impatient, feel free to go to the voting part without me.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh, okay, so. I am apparently so super easily distracted lately that it's fairly likely I won't be completing this turn in any reasonable amount of time.

I'll try, but if you guys get impatient, feel free to go to the voting part without me.

As of right now, none of the three current players has finished the year, and that includes me.  The soonest I can possibly finish would be late this weekend.  There's no rush, muss, or fuss about this.  We'll see how it gels or doesn't.  The joys of full time work + more than full time school at once have made me very patient, and very slow myself.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

28th Granite
We've gone from a barony to a county. The noble dwellings need to be improved accordingly. Engravings for all! And by "all" I mean "just that one guy".

1st Slate
Where's his tomb, anyway?

... No. No no no. This is unacceptable.

4th Slate
Migrants. Loads of them.

10th Felsite
As I work on SUPAR SEKRIT PROJEKTS, I'm informed that the new migrants are suffering severe thirst. Turns out, I forgot to open the door and let them in. OOPS.

15th Felsite
We've got elves, and a goblin siege. Let's close the door and--

what the circus are you guys doing out there

WELP GUESS YOU'RE GONNA DAH

16th Felsite
Okay, I'm going to try to operate this trap mechanism here... I intend to capture the enemy soldiers in the cage traps, and drop those that can't be caged into the fall trap thingy.

BOY I SURE HOPE I'M DOING THIS RIGHT

24th Felsite
Our count has gone stark raving mad. Why the spore-- Armok damn--

Just, why??

1st Hematite
Summer has arrived on the calendar.
This fort is just a complete  mess.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:59:56 pm by billybobfred »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

I have returned. Prepare for Winterdirge's plot twist if he's still alive.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Winterdirge is, in fact, still alive in my save. Any clever storyline things I could do with him to go with your plot?)

1st Malachite
So far I've done only one thing of note this season. The invasion was halted without a hitch, by the way. (Anyone know how to make the dwarves move the prisoners into the prisoner stockpile already?)

3rd Malachite
Also, migrants.

10th Malachite
An engraver withdraws from society...

26th Malachite
A figurine. ... Is this a joke?

15th Galena
A voidwalker ambush! They walked right through our cage traps, too! I didn't know they could do that.

... And naturally, a human caravan has shown up on the same day. Cause, you know, you can't just have an ambush.

16th Galena
WHAT THE SPORE ARE YOU DOING AL MERSETHLAL

(This shit has brought my FPS to fucking ZERO. What the hell is going on here?!)

18th Galena
I've managed to stop the FPS-killer, but now the voidwalkers are inside the fort.

20th Galena
Looks like we're going to die horribly! :D

(I don't intend to do it unless the fort collapses entirely, but does anyone mind if I revert to my end-of-spring save?)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:33:20 pm by billybobfred »

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Anyone know how to make the dwarves move the prisoners into the prisoner stockpile already?)

My dwarves always just take the loaded cages to the animal stockpile automatically; not sure what to tell you.

A voidwalker ambush! They walked right through our cage traps, too! I didn't know they could do that.

Hehe, yeah, voidwalkers have trapavoid. And dwarves love putting pictures of them on artifacts, especially that one matron on the Steppes of Fanciness. I think I had a few of those on different artifacts.

(I don't intend to do it unless the fort collapses entirely, but does anyone mind if I revert to my end-of-spring save?)

I don't mind. Normally, I'd say savescumming isn't really in the spirit of it, but what the hell. I'd like to see what you do with a full year.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wee! Nyan cat engravings are always there to spoil awesome artifacts. Think someone had their first adamantine breastplate and was horrified to see such a nonsensical meme on it instead of people killing each other.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Expose him to elven remains if you have any.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Anyone know how to make the dwarves move the prisoners into the prisoner stockpile already?)

My dwarves always just take the loaded cages to the animal stockpile automatically; not sure what to tell you.
Turned out they were forbidden. Someone just, kinda, blanket-forbade everything on the surface.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey everyone!

Sorry I've been so very silent here.

My year's still not finished; new version and new LoFR version kinda distracted me, for the microfractions of free time I have each week.  Got a quiz Tuesday, tests Wednesday and Thursday, and am still going through work and school at a breakneck pace.  Will still keep an eye here; will still update first post and moderate voting (f needed) if people get forts done; one of those forts could even be one of mine someday.

About 'blanket forbidding', well, it may or may not have been blanket  ;)

And it may or may not have had a reason; if so one may become clear sooner or later.

As to 150 pages of cancellation from handling a beast; no idea, that's never happened to me.

As to save scumming, do as you see fit.  Personally I care more about 'not doing stuff that cannot be done', than save scumming, which is why I cared a little about some of the tricks DFhack enables.  The story's probably more true if played out without scumming, but you're also being forced to play with a fortress defense design you're not familiar with and with enemies who's tricks and limits you've never explored - so do as you see fit.

Glad people are still enjoying the game!  I'll keep following its stories and try to contribute to them more too.  Just no idea when for me.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]