Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist needs unrotten processable plant?  (Read 6812 times)

Yarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Urist needs unrotten processable plant?
« on: May 12, 2013, 01:32:26 pm »

Getting my cloth industry set up and I get to the point where I need to process pigtails into thread yet it says that Urist needs unrotten processable plants when there are pig tails in the barrel infront of him :S Any ideas guy or do i need to remove said tails from said barrels?

Yarma

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
Re: Urist needs unrotten processable plant?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 01:49:20 pm »

Are there any workshop orders set (like taking from specific stockpiles)? And are you giving the "Process Plants" task, not the (to bag) variety?
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Yarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:58:41 pm »

The stockpile is set to give to the farmers workshop, And its just on the standard process plants, not to bags etc.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 02:18:22 pm »

Hmm, odd. Does it work if you remove the stockpile link?
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 02:21:02 pm »

Disallow barrels on the stockpile and remove the give order. It won't do you any good in this case, just prevent your thresher from accessing pig tails/rope reeds that accidentally ended up on, say, the brewery feeder pile. Give orders are mainly good to force specific materials to be used, and that's simply not an issue with threshing.

All pigtails in your barrel will be blocked when Urist McHauler down by the magma sea notices there's a loose pig tail sitting in your farms. Only once Urist McHauler travelled all the way up to the farms, picked up the barrel, collected the loose pig tail and set the barrel back down again will the pig tails become accessible for the farmer's workshop again. More likely, Urist McHauler will get too thirsty somewhere on the long way and cancel the job, only for Urist McPeasant to pick up the same job with similarly idiotic logistics ten ticks later...

That's why, as long as i haven't got huge plant reserves yet, i use no-barrel stockpiles to feed my pig tail processing workshops.

Yarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 02:30:22 pm »

Thanks guys I will get back to you and let ya know if it works.

UPDATE: Cheers guyst hat seemed to fix the problem :D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:36:35 pm by Yarma »

Yarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 04:18:12 pm »

Well it fixed it for a while then an army of damn stinking undead (hey at least they are not alive) elves showed up! Serves me right for now finishing that outer wall and trap corridor!