Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Future Community Fort] Hollow Dwarf Asylum (preparing for embark)  (Read 2531 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: [Future Community Fort] Hollow Dwarf Asylum (preparing for embark)
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 12:47:26 pm »

With te luck we have here it should be like that:
- Arrived!
- Strike the earth! Urist, break that special barrel of rum, we got to celebrate!
- Bros'n'Gals, a minute of attention. Today we celebrate the starting of new chapter in Dwarven history. Cheers! For the HollowAsylum!
- Cheers!
- And now I want to tell you.. KILLKILLKILLKILL!!!!!

Your settlement has crumbled to the end.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 11:58:35 am »

Well, on the plus side, if he should die fast, he can try my new mod on top of this one. Now that I've mastered interactions, I think I can make a megabeast that creates its own cult(s) and plague(s) that spread aggressively during worldgen and also in your fort if they get in with a migrant. Because what could be more fun than having yearly (very deadly) plagues to deal with? It's currently about halfway done.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 09:27:49 am »

Well, on the plus side, if he should die fast, he can try my new mod on top of this one. Now that I've mastered interactions, I think I can make a megabeast that creates its own cult(s) and plague(s) that spread aggressively during worldgen and also in your fort if they get in with a migrant. Because what could be more fun than having yearly (very deadly) plagues to deal with? It's currently about halfway done.

Start has been delayed... but I'm not sure I want to chance that.

Currently, I'm planning on having a small staff of dwarves who only drink alcohol twice a year. Burrows will be a pain, but necessary.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 10:27:52 am »

That's pretty smart. I also realized that because I only edited plant_standard, mead is actually completely safe. Good luck making it last, though.

Plague spreading megabeast was delayed because it was becoming insanely bloated in code size with various attributes and interactions that disappeared after worldgen and creatures turning into each other and I started feeling like if I'm going to do programming, I might as well do actual programming. But maybe some day. Looking forward to seeing how fun this can get as is.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 11:55:42 am »

I'll take a surgeon who specializes in.... experimental therapies :)

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 03:39:20 pm »

Sorry 'bout the cross post and self-advertising, but if you're going for a hospital theme and haven't started yet, you may want to add this if you like:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127265.0

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 04:13:15 pm »

Hey, no problem here. I've just been busy/procrastinating/planning.

For that, I just might. Also, I had a request - is it possible to make the alcohol-induced syndrome be an actual sickness before hollow status occurs?

My thinking is that when it triggers, it disables the dwarf and starts rotting their heart. When the heart goes, the dwarf goes hollow. It could potentially be cured by surgery. It's a LITTLE bit less challenging than the current concept, but it sounds fun to me!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 04:19:26 pm »

The rotting the heart and other symptoms part is easy, but I have no idea how to make it curable through surgery, unfortunately. I can make a full or partial cure for it, though, or make being coated in dwarf blood make the symptoms go away so they only kill a few and then become sane again. That will have to wait until tomorrow, though.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2013, 02:28:14 pm »

Well, I got a little bit carried away and that tiny disease mod became something much more comprehensive.

Anyway, still want enhancements for this/something else to help you get started? Let me know what I can do.
Pages: 1 [2]