Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The most difficult, playable, succession game of DF imaginable (Players Needed)  (Read 4622 times)

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Support files for the above:

Spoiler: inorganic materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: tissues (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: body (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: body detail plan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: interactions (click to show/hide)

You are allowed to play as a knight, paladin or one of the hero types for adventure mode. It's pretty fun. Incidentally, they also make for a very awesome worldgen:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Canisaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tested in arena, forgot to add fangs. Whoops. Fixed it now, here's a demo:

I really need to put this in the 'draw your combat reports' thread.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lastly, for the challenge, I uploaded this at DFFD since the forums were giving me a hard time about character limits:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7766

Makes it more fun and atmospheric to only hunt and eat meat when you can drink it too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A comment on the catapult creatures:  If the catapults always spawned sets of six children, you could rename the babies "siege engineers" and apply the adult siege engineer sprite to them.  It would give each catapult their "crew" (who supposedly aimed and fired the thing).  When those babies grew into children, those could be renamed "camp followers" and get the peasant sprites instead.  The "camp followers" would eventually grow into one or other of the castes, replenishing the population, but it would all seem to work together.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's pretty clever. But would catapults actually bring their children on sieges?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Finally updated the OP and turn list.  People are added when all the requirements are filled out.

Also, I need a name to change the title to.  It needs to be shorter so that (Players Needed) can be added, and this fort will need an identity.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could just truncate it to "The most difficult succession game of DF imaginable", if you don't want to choose a fort name yet. It's a pretty attractive title.

On an unrelated note, if you downloaded the meat wines already (some did), get the new version before embark. There was a loophole that allowed you to make drinkable "yak n/a" for a while but now it's fixed. I'm playing those additions of mine as I speak for fun and practice, so I may find some further things to improve as time goes on, but they'll be very solid when its time to go.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

You could just truncate it to "The most difficult succession game of DF imaginable", if you don't want to choose a fort name yet. It's a pretty attractive title.

Aaand nobody comes...maybe I should reduce the required amount of players that have finished everything (3 haven't) to 5...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 2 [3]