Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Favourite new features  (Read 9407 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite new features
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2014, 03:18:37 pm »

I can use trees to climb over streams and rivers now!  Swimming is for chumps.

You can also get a running start and jump over them like a pro.

I hope there will eventually be cities with multilevel buildings so I can scale them and jump from rooftop to rooftop with stolen goods.

And then someone will create a Assassins Creed Mod for Adventure Mode. Now I have something to look forward to! :P

My favorite feature would be the roving bands of bandits, adds a bit of misfortune and hilarity when a DF Veteran's Fortress is put down by a band of Bandits... hehe.

Edit: NOT talking about myself. There are a few bits of "creative language" around the internet because of this.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:37:11 am by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2014, 07:53:49 pm »

Just found a new favorite feature:  You can give your companions stuff now, which means that archers can be resupplied with arrows and no longer become useless wrestlers when they run out.  At least I think so.  I haven't verified that they *use* the ammo, but they at least put it in their quivers.  Of course, if you give them a sock they put that in their quiver too, so...

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2014, 12:44:36 am »

I enjoy demanding tribute, I don't know what or if it has any function but I still quite enjoy beating up the lords/ladies to get them to agree to it. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2014, 06:51:36 pm »

when migrants arrive, the jobs screen shows them as new arrivals instead of no job so it's much easier to find them.

my absolute favorite feature is probably the decreased eating/drinking time. dwarves take like a second to drink now and it's making things so much faster. A project that used to take 1 month could now be done in a week simply because dwarves don't spend half that time having drinking contests.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]