Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Junk Jack X: Steam Greenlight campaign announced  (Read 1738 times)

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Junk Jack X: Steam Greenlight campaign announced
« on: October 07, 2014, 12:12:59 am »

One of my favorite games: Junk Jack X http://pixbits.com/ . is apparently launching a steam greenlight campaign to see if there is enough demand to bring the game to PC.  Considering what they have done with the limited resources on the Iphone and Ipad, I'm excited to see what they can do for the PC version

For those who don't own a Iphone or Ipad, Junk Jack X is an IOS game that places the character in a sandbox world, in which the character either does the 'survival' mode or the creative mode(or both).
The current version current;y features:
Muiltiplayer
Destructible environment(you can mine the entire world if you wish).
7 different worlds
Farming and cooking(pretty much every plant you see is plantable, including the trees).
Animal breeding
Liquid placement and simulation(nothing as advanced as DF)-Water, Lava, Acid
Chemistry(a new addition, I haven't used it much yet)
Day/Night, Weather
Rares, collectables(there are so many)
Hostile Mobs

To get to other worlds you need to find portal pieces by mining underground, however, the lower you go, the harder the mobs get.  Each planet gets progressively harder. The portal piece progression goes like this  Terra-Seth-Alba-Xeno-Magmar Cryo-Yuca.

The game right now currently updates once every season, but may slow down if they do a PC version.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Junk Jack X: Steam Greenlight campaign announced
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 12:37:50 am »

... sell it to me a bit more? When I look at the linked site, my immediate thought is "Ipad Terraria", which to be perfectly honest are two words that when combined makes me cringe and instinctively head for the nearest exit.

Might could also stand to mention it's 2D and sidescrolling -- otherwise that list sounds suspiciously like some sort of minecraft ripoff/mod :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 07:11:23 pm »

I love this game, the only bad thing I can say about it is multiplayer sucks. It's good enough for trading, but god help you if you try to actually play (i.e. mine and kill stuff) with more than one person because horrible lag will ensue. Whoever's hosting it will eventually crash too, and wipe all the progress made so frequent saving is recommended.

That being said, a PC version would be wicked. Less hardware limitations means multiplayer worlds a la Minecraft and Terraria would be possible and I'd be willing to pay for that.

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 08:52:55 pm »

looks a bit like craft the world.
games designed for mobile devices generally don't port very well to pc