Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Epsilon Denario|Mega-Station State|Survival based SG|SS13  (Read 1176 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Epsilon Denario|Mega-Station State|Survival based SG|SS13
« on: July 22, 2018, 11:36:44 pm »

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions."
-Lao Tzu

Humanity. Since its evolution into sentience it has looked upon the stars, forever admiring its infinite mystery. Many philosophers, great thinkers, and eccentric visionaries always supposed that humanity would one day explore this expanse after most of the known Earth was already explored. They were correct. With the formation of the Solar Governmental, a Trans-Stellar Federal Republic on 31 July 2443, humanity fully realized its fulfilled self-promise to propagate its continuation far from Earth with the advent of Bluespace technology. While SolGov was the de-facto proprietor of humanity besides the Terran Colonial Federation, much of space is either lawless spaces sectors, megacorporative quasi-stellar nations, and Independent star systems. Some groups of people bundle in nomadic star fleets, some even pirates, or even worse- Narsien Occultists. The Wizard Federation also is a small, but deadly loose conglomeration of Warlock states that frequently terrorize the unblessed humans of non-Magi. Non-Species of sentient life also dominate the Universe. Such are the varying migratory fleets of a bird-like species called Vox who are scorned by competing human migratory fleets. Varying Xeno-Humans also exist without different adaptabilities on various planets throughout the cosmos.

You are a citizen aboard the Epsilon Denario 437, a state-of-the-art Mega-Station that declared independence eons ago from the defunct Terran Commonwealth in 2376. Epsilon Denario 437 has enjoyed 174 years of quiet prosperity in relative peace. The markets were always burstling, much income was gathered from taxing refueling Spacers, Industry in all sectors was also booming. The inhabitants were joyous and very metropolitan. All of that changed suddenly. Now you must survive the horror that entombed this once great paradise.

What was the threat that struck the Station?

Spoiler: Scenarios (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:46:36 pm by Lidku »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Epsilon Denario|Mega-Station State|Survival based SG|SS13
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 11:41:46 pm »

uh, 2

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 11:45:23 pm »

I say 6. We could become Space Robo Cop or something akin to it in plot.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 04:02:40 am »

My vote is ether for 3 or 5, I like the sound of both but I lean more towards 3.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 04:53:28 am »

Sad there isn't any Xeno outbreak options, or everythingallatonceadminsplzwhystopaaaahhhh. Still, I'll say 3
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 05:30:12 am »

The station is bathed blood and a ever oppressing hellish red shadows encompasses the once great paradise. You barely made it out of the initial "summoning" as others have deemed it. Oh god it was pure death all around. The screams of your habitation-neighbors still weighed on, as if you can still feel their cries for help behind you, even with your back currently planted steadfastly amongst the wall. No, NO..You can't die here. You just can't. If you will survive this, all notions of the peace life you have to be put away. The ever present skittering of the shell-like creatures that can teleport are heard above the vents in the restroom you currently seek refuge in. Doing well to stay deathly silent, the creature presumably wanders off for more prey... All that is sure is that you need to get the HELL off Epsilon, your beloved home. As you look around the demonic red permanence inside the once corporate average restroom, you realize your home will never be the same again...

What were you before the summoning of hell?

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 06:19:11 am »

Name: Eliza Fox
Sex: Female
Faction: Blood is all nice and good but this is a bit much, we need to get out of here
Backstory: Eliza was born on the station in the year 2526 and naturally, had a fairy typical childhood, well, as typical of a childhood you could get if you where at least somewhat of a megalomaniac. Still, despite that particular fault, she did have some reason to be proud of herself, she did quite well in her tests to the point of getting to a higher education at the age of 16, where she specifically studied psychological and biological related materials that she would have kept working on in her adult years. Once she was done with her education, she had a choice of becoming a psychologist, or a geneticist, and naturally, desiring to make sure she actually was as good as she thought she was, she became a geneticist, and also something of a manipulator. Of course, when this whole cult happened to pop up and ruin everything, she tried to barricade herself with any other geneticists inside their lab, and that didn't exactly go well. At this point in time, maybe it might have been a wiser idea to just try to run to what was basically the other side of the station in the vain hopes of actually escaping then being stuck in here, hiding and hoping one of those...things...doesn't teleport right next to her...At least she was alive, that's more then most people here could say...quite literally in fact since they're dead.
Party: N (For the moment at least)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 07:30:09 am »

Name: Bozo
Sex: Male
Faction: Clowns
Backstory: When Bozo was just a kid all he wanted to do was make people laugh and so he went to clown school, and after years of learning the art of clowning he finally graduated, and during the first party he preformed at the world basically ended.
Party: 0
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 07:47:56 am »

Name: Alonzo Beauregard
Sex: Male
Backstory: Life used to be simple. Break some windows, steal some junk from the nerds, and security throws you in the slammer for a few days. On occasion, you even actually did your job! Who you really were didn't matter, all that did was an endless joyful vortex of pranks, mechanics, and petty theft. Before the summoning, life was good. Then the horrific monstrosities of black and red flooded the station, and improvised spears were fodder to their chitin. Improvised shotguns and bolas barely did any better. Some of your buddies made a stand alongside the people from cargo. They died too, presumably. You got picked up by sec just after, all held up in one of the few parts of the station to have any semblance of order. Everyone got pressganged, up to and including the clowns. The security team learned their lesson after an incident in a live fire exercise involving a banana peel. Yet for all they tried, the flood washed over them as well. Now only three remain from that catastrophe, including Alonzo.
Party: 2+Alonzo
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:08:28 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 03:11:27 pm »

PTW.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.