Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Shadowrun 5th edition PbP OOC Thread [6/6] Waitlist open.  (Read 14098 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun 5th edition PbP OOC Thread [6/6] Waitlist open.
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2016, 08:59:59 pm »

Well, from the relevant books, you have
Quote from: Shadowrun 5th second printing, pg 435
Gas Grenade: Instead of exploding, the gas grenade releases a cloud of gas over an area with a radius of 10 meters. This is usually riot control/CS gas, but many other chemical or toxin payloads can be chosen (Toxins, Drugs, and BTLs, p. 408). The cloud lasts for approximately 4 Combat Turns (less in windy areas, longer in confined areas with poor ventilation, at the gamemaster’s discretion).
Quote from: Pg 187 of Chrome Flesh
Vector: Inhalation
Speed: Immediate
Duration: Essence + 1D6 hours, maximum 12 hours
Addiction Type: Psychological
Effect: Astral projection
[snip fluff]
This compound forces the user, even a mundane, to astrally project. This grants all users, including mundanes, access to the metaplanes if they are in the company of a spirit guide or initiate. At the end of the duration, the user suffers 10 boxes of Stun damage (unresisted). Characters must return to their bodies before the duration ends or they die. Shade allows Awakened users to retain their astral form longer than normal, adding the duration of the drug to their normal astral time.

So, unless they can resist it, are wearing a rebreather or gasmask (which with smog may be likely in the city), or similar, what it says on the tin.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2016, 09:02:05 pm »

What happens if you chuck a gas grenade full of Shade (a drug from Chrome Flesh) at biological enemies?

You miss, hit a friend, and the wind blows it back at you and you accidentally TPK.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2016, 09:03:21 pm »

Gas Grenade: Instead of exploding, the gas grenade releases a cloud of gas over an area with a radius of 10 meters. This is usually riot control/CS gas, but many other chemical or toxin payloads can be chosen (Toxins, Drugs, and BTLs, p. 408). The cloud lasts for approximately 4 Combat Turns (less in windy areas, longer in confined areas with poor ventilation, at the gamemaster’s discretion).
[snip fluff]
This compound forces the user, even a mundane, to astrally project. This grants all users, including mundanes, access to the metaplanes if they are in the company of a spirit guide or initiate. At the end of the duration, the user suffers 10 boxes of Stun damage (unresisted). Characters must return to their bodies before the duration ends or they die. Shade allows Awakened users to retain their astral form longer than normal, adding the duration of the drug to their normal astral time.

So, unless they can resist it, are wearing a rebreather or gasmask (which with smog may be likely in the city), or similar, what it says on the tin.
Yay, one-shot grenades!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2016, 09:07:01 pm »

Eh, not as good as cropdusters loaded with drugs.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2016, 09:08:24 pm »

[snip fluff]

Yay, one-shot grenades!

I dunno how Astral Projection works, but they could probably just go back to their bodies?

*EDIT*

Characters must return to their bodies before the duration ends or they die

^ Since that is there, it means they can return to their bodies at any time (and, in fact, have to), making this grenade at most a quick stun. I think its a complex action to go back into your body, so it eats up a turn for a 1000NY grenade.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:33:22 pm by Stirk »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2016, 12:01:21 am »

I mean, if they've never experienced the Astral before, you can bet they're not going to figure out what's going on that fast. Also, I officially rule cheese as VERBOTEN :P

You can make fun characters and mess around with the rules, but powergaming will be frowned upon in the game.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2016, 12:25:20 am »

I mean, if they've never experienced the Astral before, you can bet they're not going to figure out what's going on that fast. Also, I officially rule cheese as VERBOTEN :P

You can make fun characters and mess around with the rules, but powergaming will be frowned upon in the game.

Aww I cant use my 25 dice starting character cybernetic/adapt pistol elf?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2016, 12:34:07 am »

Don't cybernetics and magic usually not mix well?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2016, 12:37:46 am »

Don't cybernetics and magic usually not mix well?

I actually built the cheese character under an older version of shadowrun so it probably wouldn't work.  Basically the only cybernetics and adapt powers selected were for upping the single type of test.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2016, 01:54:11 pm »

PSA: Near the back of Howling Shadows, there's a section on Drakes. Of interest in that section is that if you pay 5 karma, you can retcon your character into being a drake all along (Drakehood is kind of a lycanthrope-ish thing where you can transform into a mini-dragon at will), and possibly save your skin in the short-term. The drawback to that (because everything has a price) is that you acquire a whopping 140 karma debt that you must use any and all karma that you have and/or acquire to pay off. If you want to start out as a Drake (instead of transforming into one mid-game), you only have to pay a karma cost of 75 (you are explicitly allowed to break the 25 karma quality limit for character-generation to start out as a Drake). Any points of karma that you couldn't buy off in character-creation become karma debt, as mentioned above. Basically, your character is never going to be able to buy things with karma ever again. Also, you get the Wanted quality without receiving the extra karma that it normally gives you. On the bright side, you get a Magic score of 1 if you didn't already have one, and some of the Drake abilities are actually pretty cool. For instance, you can spend 9 karma to get the Animal Control critter power while in Drake form and spend another 50 karma to be able to stay in Drake form indefinitely, and you can be a draconic Snow White.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2016, 04:36:40 pm »

Well, that seems slightly strange.

In other news, the Discord channel is down for some reason.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]