Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer Questions  (Read 361 times)

RidiculousName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventurer Questions
« on: December 23, 2017, 08:42:57 pm »

Hello, I've played Dwarf Fortress occasionally over the last, I dunno, maybe eight or nine years. I'll spend years away and then come back for a month or two. I've gone through the wiki but I still have a few questions I haven't been able to find.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there's a way to get armor for adventurers larger than humans and smaller than dwarves. I've read in this forum that you can apparently "tailor" some in a fortress, but I'm not sure if that means you can just make a suit of armor and expect it to fit any size adventurer, or if there's more to it than that.

How do you find out whether the places your adventurer could ask directions to are caves, tombs, etc?

I've heard that sometimes adventurers start with weapons other than copper spears. How and when does this happen?

Exactly how OP are whips and scourges? Is a -copper whip- better than a platinum warhammer?

Is there a way for your adventurer to use a blunt weapon and not be bothered to shuffle equipment whenever they want to butcher something?

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 11:01:11 pm »

On starting with other weapons, be a non-outsider who has points in the relevant weapon skill.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 12:43:48 am »

In fortress mode set a piece of armour/clothing to be made at a workshop, then push 'd' for details. You can then select to have it sized for whatever creature you like. Creatures will fit into armour sized for other races of similar sizes.

Make a bunch, then send in your adventurer to collect.

RidiculousName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 05:39:01 pm »

Thanks everyone.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 06:41:37 pm »

Exactly how OP are whips and scourges? Is a -copper whip- better than a platinum warhammer?
Whips and scourges got nerfed a bit. Copper and silver are seriously nerfed and will fall apart versus proper armor.

Platinum war hammer is better because it is implicitly an artifact and therefore doesn't take wear. A platinum morning star would be even better.

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?