Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Steam) Trade Wagons  (Read 1351 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(Steam) Trade Wagons
« on: December 12, 2022, 01:58:28 pm »

Been playing with the Steam version, haven't gotten any caravan with a wagon yet. I think my Depot is Wagon accessible, but either I can't check on this version or I haven't figured how to do so yet. It does have a 3 wide route, no stairs or anything else in the way, and the map is sparse enough with trees that they shouldn't block it either.

Do caravans just don't bring wagons in this version? Am I just getting unlucky and getting small caravans? Something else?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
Re: (Steam) Trade Wagons
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 02:32:26 pm »

Yeah I've been getting similar "Wagons bypassed your inaccessible site" messages on caravans sending only pack animals despite a 3-tile wide path to my underground Depot using ramps. I've even made some 3 tile wide paved stone roads all the way from my fort entrance to 2 different sides of the map, but no success. I'll try making another surface Trade Depot and see if that works, maybe the wagon is now more restrictive in how wide you need to make underground paths? Also tricky since there's no way to view Depot Access from a menu anymore that I can see.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 02:49:46 pm by Xen0n »

Urist mcbayblade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 04:49:50 pm »

AFAIK trade wagons only show up once you have a baron now.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 05:06:04 pm »

AFAIK trade wagons only show up once you have a baron now.

Yes that's a good point.

However, I only started getting the "inaccessible site" popup after I had become a barony (currently a county). Before I was a barony there was no popup/warning about "inaccessible site".

UPDATE: Moving the Trade Depot aboveground, right next to my 3 tile wide stone road which spans all across the map, now I'm getting wagons from caravans again.
In my case I think it may have been due to forgetting that even if you line up 3 doors in a row, they still block Depot Access (easier to forget without ability to check Depot Access :P )
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 07:53:48 pm by Xen0n »

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 03:38:25 pm »

Has anyone noticed any issue when multiple trade caravans from different civilizations arrive at the same time?

Edit: It seems to work normally for me.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 05:34:16 pm by Stench Guzman »