Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Auto dumping rotten things  (Read 5955 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Auto dumping rotten things
« on: September 04, 2008, 05:18:19 am »

any rotten things because I don't usually notice them until they are actually rotten. so if they dumped prior to the whole "whoops miasma" thing that would be nice. or pest animals corpses are just dumped automatically. Either would help

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Auto dumping rotten things
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 08:11:06 am »

If you build a refuse pile to store rotten stuff and corpses, it should take care of itself

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 01:27:01 pm »

Dumping's higher priority though.

That's really more an argument for allowing us to set priorities than anything else though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 07:46:04 pm »

If you build a refuse pile to store rotten stuff and corpses, it should take care of itself

oh yeah! me so stooopid.

Othob Rithol

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Dark Snathi, Rain & Tom Bombadil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 08:01:22 pm »

But the validity of the idea is there. I have designated garbage dumps on every floor of my fortress (I was lucky enough to have a cave river with a deep end-chasm). Why is it that my dwarves have to haul the dead vermin all the way to the top, and put them in a stockpile?

Effectively I'm requesting a series of auto-dump controls similar to the auto-forbid controls that were recently added.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 04:50:35 am »

This feature is in game already

Set the order in refuse orders to "Dwarves dump other". Voila, they dump all the rotten things, as well as chunks and vermin remains automatically.

Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 07:01:54 am »

Dumping's higher priority though.

That's really more an argument for allowing us to set priorities than anything else though.

I regularly get rotting things (usually vermin a cat has caught or chunks from the butchers) dumped into my zoned dumping pit instead of plopped onto my refuse stockpile. There's enough room in the stockpile so I'm not sure whats going on. It is annoying though as I then get lots of miasma spewing up through by otherwise calm rock pit. :(

Othob Rithol

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Dark Snathi, Rain & Tom Bombadil
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 07:54:05 am »

This feature is in game already

Set the order in refuse orders to "Dwarves dump other". Voila, they dump all the rotten things, as well as chunks and vermin remains automatically.

You learn somethng new every day ;)