Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A function that finds a peasant and makes him start doin  (Read 505 times)

grendel

A function that finds a peasant and makes him start doin
« on: June 17, 2007, 10:45:00 am »

In fortresses with many dwarves, it can be pretty tedious to track down 5 suitable dwarves and individually assign each of them to become whatever you happen to need at the time.

What I'm suggesting is some sort of hotkey or function within the manager's menu that allows you to select a job that you need, and then with one stroke of a button find and assign a peasant to do it. Maybe even have an option to make that peasant do ONLY that job.

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
Re: A function that finds a peasant and makes him start doin
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 11:10:00 pm »

If you use the lists and pageup pagedown through them it can be pretty fast. But yeah, having to go into the labour menu of each single dwarf gets annoying.

Especially for turning hauling tasks ona nd of since there are like 11 seperate jobs. We should have a single button to go along with the menu.

Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A function that finds a peasant and makes him start doin
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 12:17:00 am »

I think that is part of why I suggested a full fortress version of the larbor list.  Right now you have confusing things like Orders-S?Dwarves ignore minerals.  This turns off hauling of stone and ore fortess wide, but isn't clear.  What happens when I want to have those dwarves haul ore but not stone?  That means I have destroy or reassign all the stone piles prior to turning this back on.

Make these things clear, seperate such things, let pile defaults handle it, and when we get into customizing piles keep those defaults out of our way.

"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.