Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravan Left; One Guard Standing by Tree, Liaison in Fort  (Read 907 times)

InB4Desu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Caravan Left; One Guard Standing by Tree, Liaison in Fort
« on: December 14, 2009, 09:58:07 am »

So, I'm running a nice little seaside fort. The caravan stopped by with my much needed stone, we traded, they left.
The Liaison, however, is still following my leader around more closely than a child follows its own mother. It's not actually impeding my dwarves' work in anyway (Though I have no idea what implications this may have for next years caravan) but it's a bit awkward.
Upon further inspection I found there's also a single guard from the caravan standing beside a tree on the edge of my map. Aside from the Liaison clinging to my leader neither of them is doing much of anything. The closest bug I could find to this one was about Liaisons not leaving with the caravan when underground, but this seems a bit different and that one was claimed to have been solved.

Save: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XIOAM5WL

P.S. The tree is directly between the guard and the map edge, I'm going to try cutting it down to see if that does anything.

InB4Desu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan Left; One Guard Standing by Tree, Liaison in Fort
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:00:03 am »

Nope, cutting the tree down didn't help.

Edit: Sorry, THIS^ should have been an edit.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:43:22 am »

The Liaison won't leave until he's met with your leader and discussed import and export agreements - turn off your leader's labors and let him finish the meetings, then the liaison will leave. Once you get a Baron, this becomes less of a problem since Barons never do anything anyways (though Human liaisons will insist on meeting with your Broker, who may be busy doing other things).

As for the guard sitting by the edge of the map, they do that sometimes. If you wait long enough, he'll eventually leave, otherwise he'll probably get killed when the next siege arrives.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

InB4Desu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:56:06 am »

Oh, yep. You nailed it.
I freed up my leader and the Liaison finally finished up the meeting.
Looks like dwarves are stupid AND stubborn. Thanks.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 11:41:11 am »

Just about everything has a higher priority than the jobs "Trade at Depot" and "Attend Meeting (with liaison)". I'm not certain why this is the case, but it is; basically any time you want to deal with friendly outsiders you'll need to turn off your mayor's labors.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels