Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Acid spring and Tar Pools  (Read 884 times)

Xasio7

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating jelly can help growing dwarves.
    • View Profile
Acid spring and Tar Pools
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:51:57 pm »

This is my first topic so...  ::) Would it be cool that  you're digging you suddenly strike an acid spring\pool or tar pool\spring, and then your dwarves can gather things like sulfuric acid or buckets to barrels of tar. It could be used to reintroduce alchemy workshops. It wouldn't make sense if dwarves could make asphalt, but they should be able to make face melting boiling tar :P, or make traps that utilize sulfuric acid or boiling tar. Tar could be used as method to deter invaiders form trying to climb up your walls. Imagine if you find a tar\acid sea while digging underground.

My spelling or vocabulary probably sucks, and I'm probably suggesting this wrong or I'm just doing it wrong in general :-[.
Check out my Slimes,Blobs,and Jellies mod and the Blob-Jelly-Slime Graphics Pack. Now with more slime goodness! (Any feedback is greatly appreciated.)

The perfect birthday present, a cute and cuddly blood blob, and for those growing dwarves try some jelly from a jelly, now with new range of flavors to try from.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Acid spring and Tar Pools
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:57:18 pm »

Asphalt bound roads is actually very old, ancient middle east using pools of bitumen (another name for asphalt).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asphalt

Bituminous coal is is a soft coal that contains bitumen (asphalt).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bituminous_coal

Having underground pockets of liquid would be interesting, but should probably wait until air quality and lighting is planned. Dangerous gasses emanate from those liquid pockets, and that's just a recipe for Fun. :)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 10:21:48 pm »

I like the acid spring and tar pool ideas.

It would also be cool to have rivers of blood in the HFS.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Demicus

• Bay Watcher
  • The formless enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 12:53:47 am »

Most likely need to wait until containmants and flows are combined. I support the rivers of blood in HFS though.
All shall embrace the unquenchable flame
Dwarf Fortress: The weak shall be culled, so the strong can have nicer socks.