Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Project: Live on Hell.  (Read 7549 times)

Rayeneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Live on Hell.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 02:36:59 pm »

My plan was to strip the entire top layer of the world off, until slade, save for a 5x5 plot on the top layer for food.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 03:57:54 pm »

Change the topic. I think Toady One should add word filters for clowns, hfs and candy in general.

*initiates argument about seriousness of spoilers*

Anyway, my plan is to fight the demons with soldiers. Defeat them with cold, hard steel.
And large numbers of cave-ins to take them on in sizable chunks, but still.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 09:09:25 pm »

Change the topic. I think Toady One should add word filters for clowns, hfs and candy in general.

Anyway, my plan is to fight the demons with soldiers. Defeat them with cold, hard steel.

There's a bug that might make cave-ins dangerous - if flame demons lose their flames, the game crashes.  Just be wary of that when you go crushing clowns.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 10:03:16 pm »

Oohh, thanks. I'll be careful around any burning buggers.

Rallan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 04:50:52 am »

You'll want a specially prepared area for the fighting side of things, otherwise you're doomed. Set it up so that the only route from your proposed hellgate to the rest of the fortress is a hella long narrow tunnel (ballista emplacements at the ends of long straights are probably a good idea), and have it eventually lead into a chamber that's large enough for pretty much all your axedorfs and hammerdorfs, along with room for a shitload of marksdorfs behind fortifications. That way you'll have a steady flow of demons running into your entire mass of infantry in one hit, covered by all your crossbowmen.

After that it's all down to weight of numbers, but at least you've got a situation where you won't be sending your squads down and getting picked off in dribs and drabs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 04:38:07 pm »

I also raised Bees for Hellmead

Now I definitely have to make an eerie glowing bees mod.

If you do this...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 09:14:12 pm »

My plan was to strip the entire top layer of the world off, until slade, save for a 5x5 plot on the top layer for food.
Semi-molten rock is undiggable - your plan is doomed to failure unless you can break the game to work past that.
くコ:彡

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 09:44:59 pm »

Semi-molten rock is undiggable - your plan is doomed to failure unless you can break the game to work past that.
DFhack?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 08:35:46 am »

Aussie went through the adamantine.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 08:36:23 am »

Query: getting past SMR. how?
EDIT: fuck, someone else beat me to it.

how did aussie do it?

same as everyone else;  Breached the adamantine spire and got a chuckle from the clown car.
Pages: 1 [2]