Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Under New Management  (Read 40689 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2012, 11:12:15 pm »

Continue on to Blackmarsh. If allowed in without fuss, inquire about spellcasters in the area.

If not allowed in without fuss, attempt to persuade to allow entry.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2012, 11:26:35 pm »

Threaten...

Intimidate the other remaining bandits to join us!

Fluffy will...'aid' me in this intimidation.

If they refuse or run, Tyrin summons a wisp!

Fluffy attacks the most heavily wounded bandit.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2012, 12:37:09 am »

Accelerate necromutation until bandit A is an empty, warped husk under my bidding.
Noshtath: Eat bandit C if he does not surrender.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2012, 12:57:02 am »

Buy a cutlass from the local weaponsmith, then go to the tavern and see if there are any old sea wolves here who could teach me their pirating wisdom.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:43:14 am by HmH »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2012, 07:48:09 am »

Prepare a Raise Dead spell.
My minions will deal with anything hostile that still lives.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [Turn 7: Travel's Interupted]
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2012, 04:12:52 pm »

Right then, waiting on Talarion. *elevator music*

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2012, 12:09:48 am »

Finish off the bandits, and continue on. Make sure my Horde of Rats are.. well hidden... as we enter Caelondia. The Cael's might be a bit put off by them.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2012, 12:08:21 pm »

[Turn 8: Warm Welcomes All Around]

Finish off the bandits, and continue on. Make sure my Horde of Rats are.. well hidden... as we enter Caelondia. The Cael's might be a bit put off by them.

(4) you quickly manage to kill the rest of them without any problems.

(6) the townsfolk seem to be almost happy to give you a welcome...it seems the bandits you slaughtered were attacking their folk for awhile.  They give you all a small heroes welcome into town, not even caring that your necromancers and that your creatures are still following around.
The town has an almost endless sea of stalls, and almost all of them are willing to give you a discount for the thanks that you did. (+1 to all purchase rolls while in Caelondia) There also appears to be mercenary groups scattered around, an a large amount of inns around.

(Not going to waste turns, so I'll just do a roll for what you do. This way something can be done each round.)

(roll for actions on a 10d die: 7: Mercenary Work) You(Leon) travel around looking for something to do, and a large man walks up to you. He appears to be around 6'8! He towers over you, and asks "Nice work you did on those bandits...you might make a good merc', given the harsh times around. What d'ya say, up for some work?" He looks at you, expecting an answer.

Prepare a Raise Dead spell.
My minions will deal with anything hostile that still lives.

(2: Relax/Nothing) you wander the streets with your Kobold and The Bandit following you, he says his name is Magister. You wander the streets aimlessly, some people giving you odd looks, others seem to be fine with you. You decide to relax and find a place to sleep for a bit.

Accelerate necromutation until bandit A is an empty, warped husk under my bidding.
Noshtath: Eat bandit C if he does not surrender.

(8: Job) You wonder around, now dismounting Noshtath and begin to explore the new human settlement.  You walk around and eventually find a mining job in a quarry, and make some extra cash in the process (+1 to purchase rolls for 5 turns).

(2) you were still a bit dissapointed that the necromutation spell you created didn't raise him as a corpse as you wanted.

Threaten...

Intimidate the other remaining bandits to join us!

Fluffy will...'aid' me in this intimidation.

If they refuse or run, Tyrin summons a wisp!

Fluffy attacks the most heavily wounded bandit.

(4) Just before you entered town, you re-summoned the whisp that had died back in the graveyard, it flies over to you and nudges you happily, it's flames unable to burn you. It says it wants it's name to be Mymic, but it says its fine if you want to change it.
(1: Provoked) You wander around the streets with fluffy and Mymic, and some thugs come out of the back alley "Oi, look at thi' son of a bitch. Got himself a little candle wisp and a puppy! Well, mister necromancer, you picked a bad day, you came across the Bloodsnakes! Now, give us all your gold, or we'll cut you up worse than a stuffed pig!" (3) there are three thugs in all, (2) most of them seemingly weak (20 health a piece).

Continue on to Blackmarsh. If allowed in without fuss, inquire about spellcasters in the area.

If not allowed in without fuss, attempt to persuade to allow entry.

(5) The Townsfolk let you in without a problem, while not the heroes welcome the group got in Caelondia, the folk seem to be fine with you staying there. You ask around for a spellcasters in the area, and you find out there is a guild for them in the southern side of town. You head to there, now knowing it's name of the "Black Magic Guild". Not a fancy name, but it would suffice.

Buy a cutlass from the local weaponsmith, then go to the tavern and see if there are any old sea wolves here who could teach me their pirating wisdom.

(3) You go to a weapons shop and pick up an iron cutlass, not much to look at, but it'll definately help in a fight. (+1 combat modifier)

(3) You head down to "The Barnacle's Ale", a local inn. You find some seadogs willing to tell you there trade, and would allow you to go with them on there next raid on a fishing village. Seems it WAS a good thing you got those fish then. (1) He says that if you want to go, you'd have to go with only your bat and that the fish would have to swim. You think of his offer, and he waits to see if you accept.

Spoiler:  Sam McFrederickson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Shalla Halfdark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Adil Borushdumat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ima Erifithili (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Tyrin Karos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Leon Jyos (click to show/hide)

Right then, group in Caelondia, your all still pretty fucked up, might want to try and roll to heal it and accept what I've given you, or fight.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:00:02 pm by empfan »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2012, 01:03:16 pm »

Take the pirates' offer. Establish a telepathic contact with my fish as soon as I can, though; it would be embarassing if my minions couldn't hear my orders underwater. When my learning the basics of piratecraft is over, hone my skills in regards to working with magical clouds.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:36:33 am by HmH »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2012, 01:08:02 pm »

Take the pirates' offer. Establish a telepathic contact with my fish as soon as I can, though; it would be embarassing if my minions couldn't hear my orders underwater.

Pretty sure since they're bound to your soul they already do that automatically.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [Turn 8: Warm Welcomes All Around]
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2012, 02:18:01 pm »

Look for a magical library. I wish to study body magic, so that I'll be better able to repair/modify minions.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2012, 06:02:37 pm »

Look around and try to find some robes fitting of a necromancer.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2012, 09:01:33 pm »

Tyrin

"Well then, I doubt you'd want to hurt an innocent puppy..."

Unveil Fluffy! Order him to attack the nearest bandit, especially if shock overcomes them!

I cast a dark bolt at the other bandit nearest to he.

Mymic will guard Fluffy from damage!

"Alright Mymic, show them the power of fire!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2012, 09:29:19 pm »

Introduce self to Black Magic Guild, inquire about their practices, regulations, what they do, etc.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2012, 12:07:38 am »

"Sure, assuming the pay is decent." Leon smiled slightly, unintimidated by this bear of a man. "I need some money anyways."

Accept the offer of Merc Work.

Oh, btw, you put Mymic under me. Tyruin was the one who summoned a whisp, even though I did summon it first.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13