Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Under New Management  (Read 40699 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [Turn 8: Warm Welcomes All Around]
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2012, 12:38:19 am »

Waitlist me please.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2012, 03:59:42 pm »

[Turn 9: Hateful Mercs and Bloody Snakes]

Caelondia Group:

"Sure, assuming the pay is decent." Leon smiled slightly, unintimidated by this bear of a man. "I need some money anyways."

Accept the offer of Merc Work.

Oh, btw, you put Mymic under me. Tyruin was the one who summoned a whisp, even though I did summon it first.

The man laughs "Good to see for once someone doesn't scream and run away from me! Alright boy, follow me. By the way, Names Ast."

(3) You head out back and see that Ast also has around (3) two men with him (3), each decently large, but nowhere near as big as Ast. (Oh, and remember that the die roll was a six when entering town ;D) Ast turns around and attacks you with his Battleaxe! (2) he barely missed and curses, but then laughs "Do ye really think we'd let a bloody NECROMANCER join us? Bloody fool! Just because you stopped some low-ass bandits doesn't mean your any better then the rest of your bloddy ilk! You may not be scared of me, but your about to learn why you should of been!"

Spoiler: Ast (click to show/hide)
(Sweet jesus the rolls were really against you there!)

Tyrin

"Well then, I doubt you'd want to hurt an innocent puppy..."

Unveil Fluffy! Order him to attack the nearest bandit, especially if shock overcomes them!

I cast a dark bolt at the other bandit nearest to he.

Mymic will guard Fluffy from damage!

"Alright Mymic, show them the power of fire!"

(1) the Bloodsnakes are uneffected by the unveiling of fluffy, but he aims for (1) Bloodsnake A (3+1=4-3=1+2=3) Fluffy charges at Bloodsnake A and manages to smash into him, knocking him back (-5 health)

(2) you are unable to cast a black bolt at the Bloodsnake

(4) Mymic is able to turn into a wall of protective flame, protecting Fluffy from any damage to come near him. (can absorb 10 damage)

Bloodsnake A (1) charges at Tyrin (2-2=0+6=6) Tyrin stops the bandit in his tracks. The bandit tries over and over again to stab Tyrin with the shiv, but only manages to give him a shallow cut (-5 health). You trip the bandit and curb stomp his head, killing the thug instantly.

Bloodsnake B (2) attacks Fluffy. (5-2=3-1=2) The thug was about as effective at the first one, and is unable to see or even touch Fluffy due to Mystic becoming a wall of flame guarding him. The Bloodsnake backs up a bit and prepares to attack again.

Bloodsnake C (2) Also attacks Fluffy. (1-2=-1-4=-5) Fluffy charges at the bandit and latches on to his throat through the stabs, which have done nothing to him. Fluffy delivers the final blow by ripping out the bandit's thoat, he then begins to choke and die.

(4) "Oh shit!" Bloodsnake screams. He begins to run (4) but You blast him in the back, hitting him square on. He then takes the message and begins to limp/sprint away as fast as he can.  You begin to wonder around, and probably try and find a healer for you and fluffy to deal with the damage thats happened recently, Fluffy still has a minor limp from being crushed and every once in awhile, he gives a slight wimper.

Look around and try to find some robes fitting of a necromancer.

(4) you found some robes from a cloth trader, and you buy it off of him for some gold you have. It looked a little odd since they were meant for a human, so he cut off some of the extra cloth. You begin to wonder around, and (1) you get attacked by the last bloodsnake that Tyrin just finished beating the living shit out of! (2) He fails to ambush you.

Look for a magical library. I wish to study body magic, so that I'll be better able to repair/modify minions.

(6) You manage to find the perfect library for such a thing, but they refuse to give you entry! "We're not going to give the necromancer the vast knowledge of this library...unless you can pass the test." He hands you a stack of papers and a pen and an ink well. He shows you to a room that you can preform the test in. (2) You fail the test, but he allows you to re-take it if you want.

Blackmarsh Group:

Introduce self to Black Magic Guild, inquire about their practices, regulations, what they do, etc.

(2) the rules and regulations are surprisingly thorough, they won't even let you in.However, the guild will only let you in if you deal with some thieves that have been stealing the books and some secrets from them.  He gives you directions on where to go in town.

Take the pirates' offer. Establish a telepathic contact with my fish as soon as I can, though; it would be embarassing if my minions couldn't hear my orders underwater. When my learning the basics of piratecraft is over, hone my skills in regards to working with magical clouds.

The pirate leads you to his ship and you go with his crew on to raiding seaside towns and looting (+1 to all searching, and raids on towns) You get your share of the loot and head off, and practice working on cloud magic (3) you manage to learn to control cloud magic better, and only cloud magic (+1 to any magic including clouds)

Spoiler:  Sam McFrederickson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Shalla Halfdark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Adil Borushdumat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ima Erifithili (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Tyrin Karos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Leon Jyos (click to show/hide)

Right, sorry about the holy fuck bossfight Talarion, the rolls were REALLY working against you. Welp, another turn down, still got quite a gap before you're all called back for the story. Hopefully it'll go well.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:40:20 pm by empfan »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2012, 04:13:10 pm »

Re-take the test. Consider not picking the omnicidal maniac answers for the ethics portion.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2012, 04:43:15 pm »

"Ah, great timing! I was just looking for something to test my Necromutation on! I think I've worked out the kinks."
Begin twisting the unfortunate soul into a hulking necrotic abomination loyal to me.
Noshtath: Drag the bloodsnake to the nearest abandoned house, catacomb entrance, or sewer entrance.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2012, 10:33:40 pm »

Tyrin

"Well, now that's done with I'd-...s-summon another wisp. We're all badly hurt, are we not Fluffy?"

Summon another wisp that specializes in general healing!

Also, rename Mymic to 'Ignis'

Re-cover Fluffy.

Find a Library.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:54:17 pm by Tiruin »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [Turn 9: Hateful Mercs and Bloody Snakes]
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2012, 11:51:03 pm »

"Heh. Sure." Use magic to gain some distance from them, using my Horde of Rats to distract them also, and start bombarding them with bolts of dark energy.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2012, 11:54:32 pm »

Shrug, go find thieves.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2012, 11:54:59 pm »

"Now, on to making me and my future crew a good mode of transportation... I think a hollowed-out whale will do."
Wander the Blackmarsh's beach in search for landwrecked whales. My fish do the same, only underwater. If I find a whale, reanimate it.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2012, 08:00:01 am »

[Turn 10: Bravely Ran Away]

Caelondia Group:

Re-take the test. Consider not picking the omnicidal maniac answers for the ethics portion.

(4) You pass moderately this time, and are allowed access to most of the library. (6) You manage to find a book about body magic! It has every and all information you need, though your necromancy seems to taint the magic whenever you use it (Can now use body magic with a -1 modifier)

"Ah, great timing! I was just looking for something to test my Necromutation on! I think I've worked out the kinks."
Begin twisting the unfortunate soul into a hulking necrotic abomination loyal to me.
Noshtath: Drag the bloodsnake to the nearest abandoned house, catacomb entrance, or sewer entrance.

(4) He begins to scream as you begin to necromutate him. He falls the the ground near dead, and you tell noshtath to drag him off to a nearby (1) Warehouse. People either begin to run away from this display or begin to scream, but you don't think anyone actually saw where you entered.

Tyrin

"Well, now that's done with I'd-...s-summon another wisp. We're all badly hurt, are we not Fluffy?"

Summon another wisp that specializes in general healing!

Also, rename Mymic to 'Ignis'

Re-cover Fluffy.

Find a Library.

(4) You summon a healing wisp! (+10 healing per turn) His name is Omega, ironically. You tell Mystic that his new name is Ignis, and he seems fine with it. He seems to be healing both you and Fluffy of any damage done. (4) You find the same library that Sam is at, and you must take the same test. (2) You also fail, and as with Sam, you are allowed to re-take it if you wish.

"Heh. Sure." Use magic to gain some distance from them, using my Horde of Rats to distract them also, and start bombarding them with bolts of dark energy.

(2) You are unable to back away magically, so you just quickly run back. (6) The rats begin to swarm and scare the mercenaries to no end, they begin to attempt to flee! However, Ast stabs one and kills it instantly. "Bloody cravens. Fine, I'll deal with you myself."

1+1=2-6=-4) Ast charges at you before you can get off any shots and stabs you, getting you a shallow cut as you try to evade his onslaught. He begins to prepare another attack (4+2=6-3=3). You prepare for the attack and are able to dodge the more fatal attacks, but you managed to get some minor cuts. (-15 health)

(3+2=5-2=3) He charges you and stabs at you, but you manage to dance around him, only getting a minor cut. (-5 health)

Blackmarsh Group:

Shrug, go find thieves.

You walk around following the member's directions, and find the thieves with general ease. (3)(4) You find the thieves all gathered around counting the loot they must have recently got. They notice your presence and prepare they're weapons for a fight "Well, ain't this a surprise, must be a little guild rat come looking for they're share of gold! Well, miss rat, you willin' te die for it?"

"Now, on to making me and my future crew a good mode of transportation... I think a hollowed-out whale will do."
Wander the Blackmarsh's beach in search for landwrecked whales. My fish do the same, only underwater. If I find a whale, reanimate it.

(1) you are unable to find any kind of whales, or any kind of beached animals, maybe your horde will have more luck. (1) They are just as unlucky as you at finding anything and re-surface. You could always buy a boat, not every "Necromancer Piratey", but it might do.

Spoiler: 3x Thieves (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Sam McFrederickson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Shalla Halfdark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Adil Borushdumat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ima Erifithili (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Tyrin Karos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Leon Jyos (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:42:34 pm by empfan »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2012, 08:05:01 am »

Look for a book on meditation. Better control over my magic should help me with body magic.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2012, 08:08:37 am »

Rename the Healing Wisp > Anima

Re-take that test!

Send Anima with Fluffy. Make sure Fluffy is well covered and send him roaming around town, searching for something useful or something useful to do.

Test: Say my Wisp (Ignis) is my light source (then apologize when out of earshot to it).

Do not forget to write own name on the correct part of the paper.

Greet Sam.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 08:51:01 am by Tiruin »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [Turn 10: Bravely Ran Away]
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2012, 08:39:55 am »

Curse the entrance of the warehouse to cause very mild amnesia and a sense of apprehension, effectively making people forget why they came there and want to leave.
Wait to see how the Necromutation turns out.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2012, 03:02:38 pm »

"Well no, but seeing as I have a pet hippo, servant, and three apprentices, I don't think I'll have to.

The real question is what you're willing to do for it."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2012, 01:14:19 am »

Summon a cloud of vile smoke capable of turning any living being it touches into a Vile Smoke Thrall. Seal it between the individual fish of my Swarm, like a three-dimensional net stretching and shrinking along with the Swarm's formation.
The Swarm will then venture deeper into the ocean to find and enthrall me a sperm whale.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2012, 03:29:14 pm »

Oi, Talarion, your post.

Also, adding a 1 week wait time to post, any longer and your get insta-killed.  Doing it to keep the ball rolling.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13