Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Terror Fort  (Read 7264 times)

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Terror Fort
« on: February 10, 2012, 07:18:56 am »

So I want to self mod my fort into the most kitten burningest, baby butcheringest, cannibal holocaust zombie apocalypse nightmare possible. GO!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Terror Fort
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 07:32:24 am »

Tentative PTW.  Only time will tell if this has POTENTIAL ABSOLUTE WIN. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 09:01:48 am »

Basically I'm looking for ideas and practical advice on how I can make this dream a reality. I have very limited experience with the raws so just some basic stuff to begin with would be good.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 02:39:48 pm »

Take a look at the dwarven creature since Toady gives some fairly good explanations for what various tags and tokens do. Also it's perfectly ok, if not much easier to use liberal use of copy+pasting early on. Even after you get better at modding it is still often faster then making things yourself.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 06:50:57 pm »

Take a standered Hydra.

Create a body with 1000HEADNECKS.

NOPAIN, ect. Added on.

Make its blood "fake", (liquid tissues, ect), and make it uber-hot.

Syndromes are a must, Necrosis is prefered.

FIREIMMUNE and FIREBREATH.

Huzza! Meet the most deadly thing I could come up with (I call it The End). Even better, go one step further and make the whole thing have a single vital organ in the body made out of candy.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 04:21:18 am »

THAT is what I'm talkin bout. Keep em comin!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 04:23:26 am »

Is it alright, if I just suggest cool ideas, without going into modding specifics?

Cause I know very, very little about modding. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 04:24:07 am »

Cool ideas definitely wanted. Maybe more experience modders could suggest how to implement them.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 04:25:48 am »

Okay...

For starters, do you want to make your own dorfs, constructions, workshops, etc, more frightening, cool, and powerful?  Or do you want the enemies and destruction to be worse?  Or both, so that they offset each and still be extremely cool? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 04:47:13 am »

I guess I want the emphasis to be on allowing the dwarves to do horrific things to each other and other creatures, sentient or otherwise. Hmm, reading that last sentence I'm questioning my own sanity, but regardless, I'm thinking Nazi-esque medical experimentation, cannibalism (which I've discovered is impossible to mod by changing raws), dwarven sacrifices and other disturbing activities.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 04:50:27 am »

*Cracks knuckles*

Create an entirely new creature, with normal pet tags, that is very slow, yet durable.  It must excrete a syndrome which all your dwarves must be modded to be immune to.  Imagine having a pit full of these creatures, which you drop your enemies down into.  The creatures must have no actual natural attack other than pushing. No biting, no claws, just the syndrome.

What I lack in modding expertise, I think I make up for in some level of creativity. 

Will post more ideas. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 05:00:21 am »

I like it. NFI how to do it, but hopefully we can get some help with that.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 05:10:04 am »

Wait for the next version. Interactions will allow horrifying things to be done.

I mean, holy shit.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 05:16:18 am »

*cracks neck*

Another idea in the field of DF: Bioengineering.  I'm gonna go all Umbrella Corporation in this thread.

Creature: Tentacle grabber
A creature with only wrestling abilities, make it so that the creature has an added edge in wrestling, similar to how elves have a natural speed advantage.  As a pet, it could be assigned to dorfs.  The grabbers would then latch onto a nearby enemy to protect their master.  With danger room level conditioning, the grabber could break bones.  It naturally wouldn't be fast, but it would be strong and durable. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 05:17:35 am »

Putnam - Any chance you can elaborate on the potential horrific interactions?

NRDL - I'm liking the idea of these custom pets.
Pages: [1] 2 3