Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: (Medieval) Ula ::  (Read 23177 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
(Medieval) Ula ::
« on: February 11, 2012, 11:16:20 pm »

This is a Medieval game.

OOC thread : OOC!

A Medieval game (as might be read in Aninimouse's original one) is a play-by-post game, based on stats, and with perhaps infinite freedom. You could roam the lands for treasure, or you could stay at home and hone potion brewing. You could be chaos incarnate and attempt to raze the land (after some training in magic, that is), or you could be a hermit wizard, preferring to stay holed up in a cave and destroy whoever dares to disturb you.

Unless agreed upon in advance, two or more players don't have to act together at all.

This brew of Medieval has some changed mechanics and names, but probably will still act the same, mostly.
Mechanics
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Application forms (click to show/hide)

A world map can be found in the Trail's End thread.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:51:10 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Medieval)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 11:21:01 pm »

Looks a bit too complicated for me at 11:20 PM, but I'll keep my eye on, been meaning to join a forum game for a for a little while.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 11:23:35 pm »

Computer session was interrupted, so to clarify: 30 points to Weapon/Armor proficiency, 30 to Magic/Life.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 11:43:20 pm »

Name: Sinsot
Race: Undead

Appearance: Corpse of unidentifiable race in state of almost total decomposition. Partly bandaged in dark cloth. Unusually sharp finger bones and clawlike feet.

History: It has been heard of only in obscure legends, often said to crawl into houses on walls and cielings and grab small children from their beds. It is unknown if this is the creature from legends, or just a project of a talented necromancer, but one thing is certain: The Sinsot is hungry.

STR: 4
DEX: 5
CON: 3
WIL: 3
INT: 0
Hand-To-Hand: 20/20
Light Armor: 10/20
Sneaking: 20/20
Butchery: 10/20
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:50:52 pm by Sinpwn »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: (Medieval) Ula :: 10 players needed
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 11:46:20 pm »

Ah, sorry (didn't mention), but Sneaking also has a cap of 20!

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 11:48:32 pm »

((I don't quite feel like making anything fancy for appearance/history, because of how much I've been doing that working on a new "Medieval" Style Setting/Game. I need a break from all that before I go crazy.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 11:56:15 pm »

((@Aninimouse: The current players in yours appreciate the effort you go to serve all of them, well, that is what I see  :). Also, very much interested in Trail's End, but sadly I have no clue to how anything works.))

Posting to watch, maybe.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 11:59:50 pm »

((@Tiruin - Trail's End is a D&D game using Maptools, which may be part of why you can't get anything: half of it isn't even there! If you still are interested, there are many tools to use and helpful people on the thread))

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 12:02:52 am »

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:41:05 pm by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 12:07:26 am »

Application

[spoiler]Name: Nirfly McJoy
Race: Halfling

Appearance: A small bare-footed creature standing roughly 1,20 meter tall. It is bald and its face is adorned by a dense round beard and furry brows, below which squinty eyes twinkle with mirth. The seemingly frail figure twitches intensely and with great frequency , its face stuck into a permanent broad smile.

History: The victim of a freak incident involving a rampaging ogre and a chicken, Nirfly's already small physique went through several trauma, severely limiting his upper body's strength. Notwithstanding, he's always done his best to face life with a positive outlook and trained to exhaustion his leg and arm coordination, mastering the art of "making things die from afar as quickly as possible". While it is true that random killing sprees have been known to follow the wake of his travels through the land, these are certainly nothing but coincidences, horrible events that he, in light of his lifelong philosophy, tries to face with a joyful outlook. He is a hunter by trade.

STR: 0
DEX: 10
CON: 5
WIL: 0
INT: 0

Life: 25
Mana: 0

Min.Melee: 0
Max.Melee: 0

Min.Ranged: 5
Max.Ranged: 10

Critical%: 10

Min.Magic: 0
Max.Magic: 0

Defense: 1
Protection: 3
Magic Defense: 0

+=+=+=+Skills+=+=+=+
Critical 15/20
Throwing 15/20
Sneaking: 15
Survival: 15
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:35:02 pm by Azthor »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 12:07:59 am »

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)

Please clarify if I've mucked up the points somehow. Your earlier clarification actually served to just confuse me even more... D:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:20:47 am by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 12:13:35 am »

Weapons and armor skills have a combined pool, with magic and life skills also having a combined pool was what he was saying.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 12:15:45 am »

And suddenly Medieval Players. Its going to be strange playing with you guys instead of doing the GMing for you guys.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 12:16:29 am »

Weapons and armor skills have a combined pool, with magic and life skills also having a combined pool was what he was saying.
Yes, I thought so. But Magic and Life are both bolded as separate areas, and Life has a (30) next to it despite coming AFTER magic. Couldn't be too sure.
Editing my app, sec...
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 12:17:55 am »

And suddenly Medieval Players. Its going to be strange playing with you guys instead of doing the GMing for you guys.

You can be from the same kingdom as Sherz, making your experience even weirder.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22