Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: (Medieval) Ula ::  (Read 23204 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: (Medieval) Ula ::
« Reply #180 on: February 18, 2012, 10:46:36 pm »

Irin

A. Haggle and Bargain!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2012, 10:51:49 pm »

A) Morgan dropped to his knees by Ciena. "Damn it! Hold on, I'm going to see if that guy had an antidote on him..." He hooked the corpse with his halberd and drug it over. "I mean, he should, right? Everybody makes mistakes, he might accidentally cut himself while poisoning his arrows and then he'd want an antidote on hand. Just in case. Right?" he said, trying to keep Ciena awake as he carefully and methodically went through his pockets.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2012, 10:53:51 pm »

=+=+=+=+=Sherz=+=+=+=+=

((Ahhhh...sorry! Please forgive me >.>))

One man spat in the ground, before saying, "That square is a building of death. Morrigan forbid if you go there and expect to come back out alive."

You 'convince' the villager. He gives up a bit more info : "From that building came a number of strange creatures. They killed off three quarters of the village."

(A) <insert action>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2012, 10:55:16 pm »

>"And these creatures... What did they look like? About how many were there?"
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #184 on: February 18, 2012, 11:25:43 pm »

=+=+=+=+=Sherz=+=+=+=+=
"They were... Deformed. Like they used to be human, 'cept with extra arms n legs ... Also, smelled bad."

(A) <insert action>

=+=+=+=+=Morgan=+=+=+=+=
"Uggh... I feel so ... weak..."
Ciena's voice trailed off.

You search over the whole corpse, but you only find ten gold coins, a life potion, and a small piece of paper. It says,

In the case you are reading this, I have to say: Why would I bother carrying antidotes on my body? Of course, I am able to use magic to defend myself from poison. A man should never let the opponent win in any way. Including his death - as you read, I shall be being readied for resurrection... I am not what it seems to be! Dispair, for I am the master of contigency, Xan! --Xan
PS. Whoever I poisoned will most likely die. Good luck with that.

(A) Rage at the chessmaster
(B) Try to find help
(C) Insert action here
(D) Curse the GM for withholding a nice and fuzzy ending

=+=+=+=+=Gunther=+=+=+=+=
"I'm not afraid of you, much!"
You wait for the creature to move first: rule one of fighting.
It floats fowards and grab your shield. You slice it. It poofs, leaving its cloak behind.
The kitten meows in fright.

(A) Go on
(B) Wait for its inevitable reforming
(C) Wear the cloak
(D) Insert action

=+=+=+=+=Arnois=+=+=+=+=
You buy 5 day's rations of bread and cheese for five silver coins. 195 left.

(A) <insert action>

=+=+=+=+=Irin=+=+=+=+=
The merchant's assistant, who was staring at Irin, snapped out of it and said, "Uh, no can do miss. The lantern costs six gold by itself, and the arrows are expensive too. Five silver each, andif you use'em to pierce medium or better arm'r, miss, you can't reuse'um. Rope, kit and fire's one gold whole lot."
He seemed to not have much experience: he outright named the fair price for most of the items.

(A) insert action

=+=+=+=+=Sinsot=+=+=+=
Which cave to try out, you wonder.
Creature cave, shallow cave, plant cave?

(A) <insert cave>

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2012, 11:32:12 pm »

Somehow, wearing the Cloak doesn't seem like a good idea. Throw the Cloak into the Brush, pick up my Shield, and move onwards, kitten in hand.

"I've heard stories of the cruel things adventurers do to cats...
Force them to carry ten times their weight in useless equipment all the way to the nearest town, for money. I think I should take care of this kitten, before any adventurers find him..."

"Why am I talking to myself?"
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2012, 11:33:01 pm »

>"Do they stay within the marked area, or have they abandoned it?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2012, 11:45:39 pm »

D, then A, then C, then B. Or just C, rather) Morgan cursed at everything in general, then picked up Xan's head and punted it into a nearby tree to work some anger out. Then he picked it back up and stuck it on the spike at the end of his halberd; he probably had a bounty on him that he could collect later. He wanted to search the camp, but he was a nice guy at heart and he'd regret not doing everything he could for Ciena, so he crouched by her and hefted her over his shoulder. "I'm going to take you back to the camp. Maybe one of the merchants specializes in herbs. Just stay with me, OK, Ciena? Fight it. Just hold on as long as you can." Weapon and thief in tow, Morgan set off towards the camp as fast as he could go to see if he could find someone to aid her.

FORK A: HERBALIST FOUND

Once he had left her in their care, he would ask around about Xan and see if he could claim a bounty. Even if the guy resurrected he could probably get some gold out of it, then find him again and finish him off for good. Finally, he would go back to the bandit camp and loot the place, then return, check on her condition, and turn in for the night.

FORK B: NO HERBALIST AVAILABLE

Morgan ran a hand through his hair. There was nothing he could do for Ciena... and even as he thought that, she gave one last gasp and stopped breathing. "Damn it..." he sighed and took Ciena back to the bandit camp, not knowing what else to do with her but leave her there and loot the place before heading back to his bedroll.

(Edit: Also take everything Xan had on him before I leave with Ciena: the bow, the gold, and the potion.)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:02:52 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2012, 11:51:25 pm »

Irin

A. Bargain and Haggle! Inquire on the availability on those Lanterns.

Spoiler: Mercantilism Ho! (click to show/hide)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2012, 11:58:18 pm »

(Whoops, hit post instead of preview last time.)
(A) Creature cave.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2012, 12:17:11 am »

(Repeat of one before last.)

Arnois followed Irin into the shop and waited to approach till she was done with her business. Then when she finished he approached her and asked, "I am looking for a companion to travel with, I thought that you may be interested".

A)Wait for Irin to finish with the merchant then approach like afore-mentioned.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2012, 11:00:11 am »

Aelis (B)Remaining in hawk form, seek out my mage friend. Ignore the portal for now.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2012, 03:27:47 pm »

=+=+=+=+=Gunther=+=+=+=+=
You throw the cloak away... except it doesn't fall off from you.
The kitten purrs.

(A) Burn yourself in hopes the cloak burns
(B) Just wear the cloak
(C) <insert action>

=+=+=+=+=Sherz=+=+=+=+=
"Eh.... the square is just tha tower, 'n' the monsters walk round 'n' round..."

(A) <insert action>

=+=+=+=+=Morgan=+=+=+=+=
You curse the GM and she smites you!
You lug Ciena back to camp and ask around for a potions / herb merchant. There is one, and he gives you a general antidote for 3 gold pieces. You pour it into Ciena's mouth and hope it works. you then return to the bandit camp and loot it. You find a small hoard of gems, a magical dagger, an ornate lantern, and some smoked meat. Xan, on the other hand, had some quite good loot : a pair of life potions, a short bow and arrows, and a small silver pouch.
You pocket them and return to camp. Ciena seems a bit more healthy but is unconscious.
You go to sleep.

~~~~~

Next morning. You wake up to the sound of the camp getting ready to mobilize. Ciena seems to be still knocked out. The potions merchant said that there was three possibilities : one, she is recovering, two, the antidote didn't work, or three, the potion had already done its damage.

The caravan started going again.

(A) <insert action>

=+=+=+=+=Irin=+=+=+=+=
The assistant looked lost.

"Umm...so, you'll pay 3 gold and a rabbit tail for 50 arrows, rope, kit, firestarter? Oookay... I think that'll be OK..." He trades with you.
"Here are the lanterns."
He shows you the stock of lanterns.

Normal lamp - 90 silver
Bright lamp - 1 gold
Efficient lamp - 120 silver
Magic lamp - 6 gold

(A) <buy something>
(B) Leave
(C) <insert action>

=+=+=+=+=Sinsot=+=+=+=+=
You wander into the inhabited cave. Right now, the owner seems to be sleeping.

(A) Attack it
(B) Negotiate
(C) <insert action>

=+=+=+=+=Arnois=+=+=+=+=
You wait.

=+=+=+=+=Aelis=+=+=+=+=
You turn head and go to the building your friend lived in.
It takes some time, but you finally find it. The friend in question is getting ready to move out, and is donning his camouflage robes.

(A) Turn back into elf form and talk
(B) Talk in hawk form
(C) <insert action>

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2012, 03:31:04 pm »

"You may continue on your way"
>Wait until night and go to the marked area.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 19, 2012, 03:37:18 pm »

Nirfly
A) Take the pelts aside, start a fire and cook the skinned rabbits. Tan the pelts.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:06:07 pm by Azthor »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22