Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1006846 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3090 on: November 08, 2012, 06:56:19 pm »

Huh. That's weird. (Not complaining--I can't complain when helping people mod!) That's the third or fourth time in the last few days that someone has gotten PLANT_MATs wrong O_o Needs better documentation on the wiki, or at least less "oh well that's a mess brain skips over".

Anyway, plants in reactions go like this:

PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:plant name:plant material

So what you want is:

[REAGENT:thornax:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:THORNAX:STRUCTURAL]

You need a custom body detail plan for your creature, or you have to give the custom body part the same CATEGORY as a body part with the same tissue thickness as you want.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: November 08, 2012, 07:43:30 pm »

I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible for a reaction to take a reagent of specific material?
I.E. Something taking a steel sword, not just any sword.

2. Is it possible to use water in reactions? Like, the item?
I.E. Water [3]

3.What do UBSTEP and LBSTEP stand for on armor? Is it related to upper body and lower body?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: November 08, 2012, 07:45:49 pm »

Huh. That's weird. (Not complaining--I can't complain when helping people mod!) That's the third or fourth time in the last few days that someone has gotten PLANT_MATs wrong O_o Needs better documentation on the wiki, or at least less "oh well that's a mess brain skips over".

To be fair, the material token wiki page IS a hot mess.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: November 08, 2012, 07:49:11 pm »

1. Is it possible for a reaction to take a reagent of specific material?
I.E. Something taking a steel sword, not just any sword.

Yep. Easy, actually.
2. Is it possible to use water in reactions? Like, the item?
I.E. Water [3]

Yep, but it has to be in a bucket. Ill show you both in a second, I need examples from my code.

[PRODUCT:60:10:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:A]

That is if you want it as a product to got container A

And I am guessing a bit more on the reagent:

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:1:BUCKET:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[DOES_NOT_ABSORB]
(But you would need that in order to get the water properly)

To require water, you would probably need:

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:1:BUCKET:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:water]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]

I think that is right.

Now for the specific item, here is your sword example:

[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_LONG:INORGANIC:STEEL]

Its the end part that does it, the :INORGANIC:STEEL
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 07:56:53 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: November 08, 2012, 08:19:24 pm »

Indeed it was. I've cleaned it up a fair bit, if I say so myself.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: November 08, 2012, 08:30:54 pm »

Indeed it was. I've cleaned it up a fair bit, if I say so myself.
I thought I was missing a wiki page, and it seems that you have cleaned it up quite a lot. Last time I looked at the page there was a confusing ramble of words that didn't seem to make sense together and the table of hardcoded materials. I look now and see a total break down of what exactly everything is and how it is all used. Amazing job.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: November 08, 2012, 08:39:20 pm »

Well, that was mostly all there before. Just pretty badly formatted :P

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: November 08, 2012, 10:05:31 pm »

Will a descriptor pattern still work if there's no CP_COLOR?

Also will giving a playable civ that already has defined positions for the fortress mode the token [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL] cause any weirdness in fortress mode?

Also is there a tag related to how goblins can become playable in adventure mode if all the other civs die?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:13:45 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: November 08, 2012, 10:12:10 pm »

I should probably mention something about the water thing-You will need a bucket, it you want to make water with it. And if you want to use water, you will have to have it in the bucket- the dwarves won't know to get it from the well or water. You will probably need to use a "Put water in bucket" reaction of you want to use it in fortress mode.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Admiral_Aorta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: November 09, 2012, 01:14:18 am »

Is there a good way to make a creature ethereal? Like a ghost or something similar, where the majority of attacks used against it will just pass right through. Also, is it possible to have entities that start in the ocean? I've just tried it and I get a crash in world gen and there doesn't seem to be anything relevant in the error log.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:12:25 am by Admiral_Aorta »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: November 09, 2012, 08:05:18 am »

Thanks for the answers on my water question.
I'll see if I can't get what im working on working now.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: November 09, 2012, 08:29:16 am »

Is there a good way to make a creature ethereal? Like a ghost or something similar, where the majority of attacks used against it will just pass right through. Also, is it possible to have entities that start in the ocean? I've just tried it and I get a crash in world gen and there doesn't seem to be anything relevant in the error log.
  • TISSUE_SHAPE:FEATHERS to most (or all)tissues makes them pretty much ethereal, using STRANDS instead makes blunt attacks hard to land
  • I've had entities that were primarily ocean dwellers (despite not being aquatic in any shape or form) but that was before DF2012 so it may have changed. Curious: What home type are they making? Mountainhomes, Forest Retreats, Towns, etc?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: November 09, 2012, 11:30:25 am »

In response to the item subtype problems I've added a small note to the item token page on the wiki reminding people that even if a subtype is NONE you still need to put it in.

Also, is it possible to have entities that start in the ocean? I've just tried it and I get a crash in world gen and there doesn't seem to be anything relevant in the error log.
What is the exact error message you are getting? I just test-genned a world with humans set to only spawn in oceans and the result was several large human civilizations spread out along the islands and coast-line of the world. I would like to point out that for entity site placement purposes the shore is what is considered "ocean" not the water itself.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Admiral_Aorta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: November 09, 2012, 05:11:52 pm »

I don't get an error message, Dwarf Fortress freezes and I get the standard Windows "This program had had a problem" message. It seems to freeze after it's placed everything in worldgen when histry actually starts, so maybe the problem isn't with the entity but something else. I'll have to try looking at the code again.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: November 09, 2012, 08:03:23 pm »

Is your error log.txt blank though? That's the file that is monitoring DF for errors.

What type of world are you generating? If you attempt to generate something that is too very large then it's possible for the FPS to drop below 1 at times, at which point Windows freaks out and thinks that the whole thing has stopped working. I believe you can solve this by simply waiting and eventually it should continue and unfreeze. (Since it's not actually frozen, just working very, very, slowly).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 544