Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1006818 times)

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6060 on: September 18, 2013, 04:03:41 am »

I don't quite get reactions... Could someone post an example reaction that is done at a Mechanic's workshop that uses up wood and rope and produces a wooden mechanism?

Edit: This is what I've tried:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_WOODEN_MECHANISM]
[NAME:make wooden mechanisms]
[BUILDING:MECHANICS:CUSTOM_T]
[REAGENT:A:5:BUILDMAT:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL]

In the product, if you want to use the reagent's material itself, use NONE instead of a reaction product class (TAN_MAT in this example).

[PRODUCT:100:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:BUILDMAT]
[SKILL:MECHANICS]
[AUTOMATIC]
As you can see, I didn't try adding rope to the reaction just yet, seeing as I couldn't even get the wood to work. :L
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:05:31 am by TheDorf »
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: September 18, 2013, 04:48:17 am »

Buildmat isn't an item token. You use it as a separate tag below the REAGENT tag, just like PRESERVE_REAGENT and MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT stuff. And even if it was in the right place, it's a little redundant. Wood doesn't come in bars or boulders. When we limit the reagent to search for logs only, the ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL tag also stops being very useful. You don't have too many metal or stone trees, after all.

Try using these lines instead and see what happens.

[REAGENT:A:5:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:B:1:CHAIN:NONE:NONE:NONE]

[PRODUCT:100:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

Don't know why you'd want the reaction to eat that much wood, though. Also, the "rope" can be either a woven rope or a metal chain. If that's a sticking point, you could set up a new reaction class.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: September 18, 2013, 06:19:28 am »

Buildmat isn't an item token. You use it as a separate tag below the REAGENT tag, just like PRESERVE_REAGENT and MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT stuff. And even if it was in the right place, it's a little redundant. Wood doesn't come in bars or boulders. When we limit the reagent to search for logs only, the ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL tag also stops being very useful. You don't have too many metal or stone trees, after all.

Try using these lines instead and see what happens.

[REAGENT:A:5:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:B:1:CHAIN:NONE:NONE:NONE]

[PRODUCT:100:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

Don't know why you'd want the reaction to eat that much wood, though. Also, the "rope" can be either a woven rope or a metal chain. If that's a sticking point, you could set up a new reaction class.

Thanks for the info :) Still didn't get it to work though :/ The reaction doesn't show up in-game. Is the BUILDING tag correct?
At the moment, it's set to [BUILDING:MECHANICS:CUSTOM_T]

I want the reaction to eat a ton of wood to stop people from massproducing them. A zombie mod which can be "beaten" by spamming cage traps would be kind of boring. It doesn't really matter if chains can be used too, the point is just to make mechanism-making time-consuming, cumbersome and hard.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: September 18, 2013, 06:49:05 am »

Only KILN, SMELTER, TANNER, KITCHEN, QUERN, MILLSTONE, STILL, CRAFTSMAN, and any custom buildings are available for use in reactions. So if you change [BUILDING:MECHANICS] to [BUILDING:CRAFSTMAN], the reaction should be available at the Craftsdwarf's workshop.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: September 18, 2013, 09:21:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It could just be a particularly large goblin.

The largest a goblin can be is 93750. Not inconceivable that they can two-hand a 77500 sword!

Of course, the goblin has to be (I think) ~2.4 deviations from the mean in two different categories to be that big.

Damnit, forgot to mention that I checked the goblin's size with unit info viewer, it was a bit over 62000. Like I said, I didn't think to check during the sieges whether they were multi-grasping or not, or wearing shields or not, but based off this one piece of evidence, it doesn't seem like invaders respect TWO_HANDED.

For possible testing regarding whether they respect it when equipping: If I release a stripped goblin prisoner from a cage, will it try to arm itself if there's weapons lying around? Or do creatures only do that when they wrestle a weapon/pants off an enemy?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6065 on: September 18, 2013, 09:44:27 am »

Found the solution to my COLOR:MAT problem, if anyone is interested. MAT only works in workshops, not in furnaces. And thats it, simple thing.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: September 18, 2013, 10:27:47 am »

Found the solution to my COLOR:MAT problem, if anyone is interested. MAT only works in workshops, not in furnaces. And thats it, simple thing.
Huh, I was kinda imagining some more serious graphical glitches.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: September 18, 2013, 11:27:36 am »

Weird, but good to know.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: September 19, 2013, 12:31:11 am »

Is there any way to play as procedurally generated creatures like titans and forgotten beasts in adventurer mode?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6069 on: September 19, 2013, 12:44:59 am »

No. You can do megabeasts though, but procedually generated raws are stored compressed in the world.dat.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: September 19, 2013, 12:59:29 am »

And they're called things like TITAN_1 and FORGOTTEN_BEAST_1. You should be able to.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6071 on: September 19, 2013, 01:27:04 am »

Wait... oh damn, you are right, the tags go into the entity, not the creature. So... yeah, give me a minute, I'll test

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: September 19, 2013, 01:32:54 am »

In my experience, the game doesn't recognize RCP creatures when referenced in user raws. My context is trying to use them for body transformations, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6073 on: September 19, 2013, 01:34:04 am »

Tested with this, doesnt work:
entity_adv

[OBJECT:ENTITY]

[ENTITY:ADV]
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
[CREATURE:TITAN_1]
[CREATURE:TITAN_2]
[CREATURE:TITAN_3]
[CREATURE:TITAN_4]
[CREATURE:TITAN_5]
[CREATURE:TITAN_6]
[CREATURE:TITAN_7]
[CREATURE:TITAN_8]
[CREATURE:TITAN_9]
[CREATURE:TITAN_10]
[CREATURE:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_1]
[CREATURE:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_2]
[CREATURE:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_3]
[CREATURE:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_4]
[CREATURE:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_5]
[CREATURE:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_6]
[CREATURE:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_7]
[CREATURE:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_8]
[CREATURE:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_9]
[CREATURE:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_10]

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: September 19, 2013, 10:33:49 am »

Odd. It used to work, at least, but it's been a while since I last did that.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 544