Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1007399 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7830 on: June 05, 2014, 05:34:12 pm »

You could try having them transform into something generic for a few frames. Maybe make it so they are mandrills for a moment. Mandrills are cool.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: June 06, 2014, 05:00:11 am »

can i put two dfhack commands using autosyndrome in one stone?for example,a command to call a siege and a command for an announcement

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7832 on: June 06, 2014, 05:44:49 am »

Try it out. I usually use two stones.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: June 06, 2014, 10:01:13 am »

Here's my resurrect interaction, for that guy that was wondering:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: June 06, 2014, 01:55:06 pm »

can i put two dfhack commands using autosyndrome in one stone?for example,a command to call a siege and a command for an announcement

If I remember correctly you cannot, but there is the multicmd script that lets you do what you want.

Questions about forced vs. common vs. uncommon for items in the entity files;

So say I take away all of the items that goblins get and just give them one forced weapon. If 100 goblins invade, will all 100 have the same weapon?
Now what happens if I give them a second forced weapon, will 50 goblins have the first weapon and 50 goblins have the second?
What if I change the second forced weapon to a common weapon, will all 100 have the forced, or will some take the common?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 01:58:34 pm by Roses »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: June 06, 2014, 02:11:23 pm »

thanks for the help.

Roses,i believe that yes,all 100 would have the same weapon,but that's only because they have only one weapon to choose from.as for the common/uncommon/forced,my theory is that they work a little bit like the points in the traffic system.that is,the AI chooses the chances of a squad carrying a weapon by counting these three values.so if i'm correct,you will have a 50% chance of a squad carrying a particular weapon if they only have two weapons to choose from,but if the second weapon is common,the common weapon would appear more rarely but still you would see squads carrying it.if a forced weapon had a 100% of appearing,then only only one would be allowed pet entity and no other weapons would ever appear.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: June 06, 2014, 02:31:58 pm »

Bringing up a question of mine that got buried on the last page, is it possible to make materials with syndromes that take effect upon encountering bloodstreams? I doubt it, but it'd be extremely cool.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: June 06, 2014, 02:50:24 pm »

Bringing up a question of mine that got buried on the last page, is it possible to make materials with syndromes that take effect upon encountering bloodstreams? I doubt it, but it'd be extremely cool.
[SYN_INJECTED] would work, but probably not just from jabbing someone with a Withering Iron Pick.  I think the syndrome-carrying material needs to be a liquid, which would mean engineering a weapon that conducts a "bite-like" attack.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: June 06, 2014, 02:51:07 pm »

Yeah, you can, just add [SYN_INJECTED] to the syndrome. But unless the material is a creature's venom, how are you going to get it into the bloodstream?

EDIT: Ninja'd

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: June 06, 2014, 03:00:46 pm »

How would one go about making a biting weapon? THAT would be truly awesome.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: June 07, 2014, 04:05:55 pm »

Do we have any idea what all the changes to the raws will be in the next version? I am wanting to start making creatures and items and such again, but don't know if I should just wait a month instead of having to change a bunch of stuff. Thoughts?

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: June 07, 2014, 04:08:30 pm »

well,there will definitely be interactions for tears and sweat,and also some tokens for smell.i think Toady was asked about it in FOTF and showed how the human raws would be.i'll search it.

ah,there we are

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: June 07, 2014, 04:19:12 pm »

Yeah, I also put together all of the raw changes he's given otherwise.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100851.msg4649312;topicseen#msg4649312

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: June 07, 2014, 04:34:30 pm »

Interesting, looks like mostly just additions and not so much core changes, so I can go ahead and work on stuff.

I see a couple new USAGE_HINTS there, is there a list for tokens that got new arguments?

Flarp

• Bay Watcher
  • and tearing apart the self-esteem!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: June 07, 2014, 06:59:45 pm »

What's the exact function of the [SAVAGE] tag with respect tot the Calm/Wilderness/Untamed Wilds Spectrum? Do creatures with it appear only in Untamed Wilds, or just appear there more often than Wilderness biomes?
He views any show of emotion as offensive, sees introspection as important, values self-control, and strongly believes that a peaceful and ordered society without dissent would be best. He believes that mastery of a skill is one of the highest pursuits, values nature, and finds romance distasteful. He holds well-laid plans and shrewd deceptions in the highest regard.
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 544