Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you interested in a tool to simplify viewing the Legends of Dwarf Fortress?

Yes, make it stand alone
- 3 (60%)
Yes, make it wiki like
- 2 (40%)
I have a better idea!
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Legends viewer DF0.34.1  (Read 1908 times)

zanchito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legends viewer DF0.34.1
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:42:51 pm »

Hello:

I was playing with the legends after world creation and I thought they could use a better viewer than de default ingame one. I'm a programmer, and the "export to excel option" seems to give all (or most) the info required to create a "legends viewer" that is more user friendly. I'm pondering creating a tool to transform the legends into something easier to navigate, read and search, probably export them to a wiki format that could be uploaded somewhere or viewed locally through a browser.

Would you be interested in such an utility?

Also, ¿multilanguage with sort of an automated translation? I'm not sure about this last bit, it's perfectly doable, but quite a bit of effort, and given DF is in english only, I'm not sure who would be interested in translated legends lore.

Edit: Parker147 already has a pretty nice tool that does this http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=72702.0  . No need for another one.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:08:29 pm by zanchito »

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends viewer DF0.34.1
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:57:27 pm »

Didn't someone already did something like it, although some time ago?
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

zanchito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 06:06:31 pm »

Absolutely, here's the link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=72702.0 . No need for another tool then, Parker147 is active and I'm sure he'll update his tool to the latest version, I don't plan on adding anything he doesn't have, and even if he did, I'd much rather work with him than create a different tool and create confusion. :)

Consider this matter closed then (unless Parker doesn't have the time to update his tool).

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 06:07:52 pm »

awwww ninja'd cause of forum traffic overload lol...so many bad gateway errors D: