Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 139451 times)

arzzult

• Bay Watcher
  • This statement is false.
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2012, 12:09:34 am »

Why not a TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW of WATER?
I just realized two things. 1. For the Win and F___ the World have the same initials. 2. They have the same meaning in Dwarf Fortress.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 12, 2012, 02:37:46 am »

Why not a TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW of WATER?

Use the water as the template for a local creature material, then apply the thermal properties Putnam suggested. !!Steam!!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lurking Grue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 12, 2012, 06:56:31 am »

Ok Thank you for the help.

Autonomy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 14, 2012, 03:21:05 pm »

Has anyone got any idea how many ticks/frames there are in a fortress mode year? My googling has turned up naught, and the search leads me to this thread but I can't see if it for the life of me...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #334 on: May 14, 2012, 03:48:30 pm »

33600 is one month, so 403200 for a year.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Autonomy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 15, 2012, 02:51:23 pm »

Thanks muchly. Yearly offerings at the shaman's lodge are go!

Regarding an earlier point made about strength of paralysis effects, I've found at SEV < 9900 the effect is applied but isn't noticeable. Targeted critters are at about half speed (tested in arena mode at around SEV 9000 by assuming control) but still able to move. At SEV 9900 and above the target is completely paralyzed but will suffocate in fairly short order.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I tried the joint paralysis used in the Chocolate mod but that didn't seem to do the trick either. Anyone know of a way to truly paralyse without the target inadvertently dying?

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 15, 2012, 03:36:41 pm »

posted in wrong thread, whoops.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:42:52 pm by jesusmod »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #337 on: May 17, 2012, 12:40:44 pm »

Thought I'd share some of my Spells/interactions.
Spoiler: Simple Hide (click to show/hide)

Multi Material emission

Slow

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #338 on: May 17, 2012, 01:39:36 pm »

I like the harmless smoke effect at your solid_glob material emission, would fit well into my turrets. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 17, 2012, 02:07:07 pm »

I like the harmless smoke effect at your solid_glob material emission, would fit well into my turrets. :)
It would indeed ;) and any other of your steam punky creations (wish I mastered this when I was doing project clockwerks)

Also another

Befuddle (causes dizziness)

I got a bunch more, but they are basically like BEFUDDLE and SLOW but with a different syndromes.

I also got one for marking friendlies so that helpful spells can target them (allowing there use in combat, due to they only target the affected "marked" creatures still testing this tho) Also if someone is'nt marked as friendly there is no accidental positive buffs.

Also does SPLATTER_LIQUID materials BOIL? if not I guess my Acid spell will only be effective on non-shoe wearing foes (which would be anything not civilized)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #340 on: May 17, 2012, 02:16:14 pm »

About the splatter_liquid: Wouldnt it work to give that to a dwarf in a reaction that needs a weapon, preserves the weapon and covers it with liquid ? For poisoning blades ?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 17, 2012, 03:08:13 pm »

About the splatter_liquid: Wouldnt it work to give that to a dwarf in a reaction that needs a weapon, preserves the weapon and covers it with liquid ? For poisoning blades ?
I have some critters that spit acid, I was planning on using the MAGIC_MISSLE_SPLIT to spit globs of damaging acid, and splatters of acid to poison/burn the target (if the splatter hit of course)

But does splatters boil? or are they a type of contanimate that is not affected by temp.? cause acid fumes can be just as deadly (i work with some strong acids, and just a gentle waft of the stuff burns, imagin getting the full dose) Plus these critters need to be friendly fire safe.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 18, 2012, 05:11:17 pm »

Contaminants on items boil, even if the item is not being handled (based on observations made while testing the Illithid mod).

Liquid on the ground boils as well, I think.  At least, it does for sure if there is a heat source nearby.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 18, 2012, 05:20:14 pm »

Contaminants on items boil, even if the item is not being handled (based on observations made while testing the Illithid mod).

Liquid on the ground boils as well, I think.  At least, it does for sure if there is a heat source nearby.
thanks acid fumes are a go then

EDIT:
Double Thanks, if the splatter doesn't get to the target. the acidic fumes burn their lungs (if it hit nearby) I don't think this critter is very friendly fire ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 08:30:52 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #344 on: May 18, 2012, 08:30:45 pm »

You mean you can shoot a ranged glob at a target, and the target then gets covered with a liquid ? That sounds... delicious, as if ranged contact syndromes would work... :) Keep me updated on that one :) I would remodel my acid/warpstone turrets then. Probably.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28