Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 139457 times)

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #300 on: March 28, 2012, 04:56:56 am »

Here's another regional interaction I've made, this time for good regions.

Spoiler: Interaction (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The material (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Just expanded the material a bit.  From some good regions you can see enchanted clouds drift by.  They can do anything from make you dizzy, nod off, or give you amazing healing powers. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:21:40 am by ydaraishy »

the_kInGk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 28, 2012, 07:44:39 am »

Please tell me where to put these can_do_interactions and other code. I'm noob =_=  :(

You need [INTERACTION: ? ? ? ]s in the interaction_default.txt folder. Once a type of interaction is specified, you somehow have to get the [CDI:XXX] onto the creature you want to do it. This can be done with a syndrome, a secret like the necromancy example or placed directly into the creature files - look at dragons or cats for an example of a creature that naturally does an interaction.

But if I want to do it for me? What can I do then?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 28, 2012, 01:26:19 pm »

You mean learn to do it for yourself? Your writing isn't very clear...

Also, I wonder if Emperor Jon will ever update the OP with some of the new content we've made...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 28, 2012, 01:32:50 pm »

Also, I wonder if Emperor Jon will ever update the OP with some of the new content we've made...

Eventually?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 28, 2012, 01:45:43 pm »

Comrade Shook brings goop mines!!

Spoiler: materials (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: interactions (click to show/hide)

The interactions place a pile of goop where you want it, which will go POOF when people step on it. The unknown goop kind of needs more possible effects, but it works fine for suicide if you swing that way. Drink it in a fight to ensure maximum death, because you'll be unconscious for 100 TU, and horribly debilitated for another 100. Or you could wait really long and have the fatal effects kick in at the 500 TU mark. Oh, and you're not immune, so keep your distance from the poof.
Yes, finally! have been waiting for this since you posted it on the adventure thread :D

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

the_kInGk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 29, 2012, 08:21:05 am »

Sorry, but i use Google Translate from Russian into English...

Ok. Well, I can do this for any creature, but not for me now?

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 29, 2012, 08:40:22 am »

Sorry, but i use Google Translate from Russian into English...

Ok. Well, I can do this for any creature, but not for me now?

Well you need to open another window or tab in your browser for the original untranslated page.  Then move to the section of code you need and copy it from there to a file named interaction_something.txt.  The parser for the game only recognizes ascii text, and I'm certain google uses unicode for cyrillic characters.

Only problem is I think google will screw up my instructions to read as something different.

EDIT:
Confirmed even though it finds a suitable replacement for tab it treats scroll as a noun.(as in a scroll you read)  I've looked it up on synonym.com and it doesn't have what I need.  Does anyone know of a synonym for the computer jargon "scroll" that I could use?

EDIT:
changed scroll to move.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:37:56 am by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 29, 2012, 10:01:18 am »

Move? Advance?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 29, 2012, 10:36:11 am »

Thanks, I'll edit the original post to use move.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 31, 2012, 05:20:10 pm »

-snip- I'm an idiot!

I've set up the vanilla civilized races to naturally have werewolves, elemental mages and priests among the populace, which are non-transferable at the moment because they're genetic. Now, I'm moving on to druids and shamans. Druids will be concerned primarily with transformations into and effects on natural creatures, and favored by elves. Shamans will possess abilities to curse or bless individuals and raise minor zombies.

Does anybody have a good name for the creatures druids can transform into? They're copied wolves, black bears, eagles, and lizards, with humanoid bodies (except the eagle.)
I can't come up with anything better than wolfkin or wolf-man, or maybe wolfen and wolven for plural. Not the best, but I can't come up with better...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:26:28 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 02, 2012, 01:56:08 pm »

Triskelli has come up with a method to change overall body size for creatures without using a body transformation.

This line:

Code: [Select]
[CE_BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:START:0:APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:999]

Will increase size immensely. A number lower than 100 should decrease size. You can also do it with broadness, length, or what have you.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:14:41 pm by Putnam »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 02, 2012, 02:53:08 pm »

-snip- I'm an idiot!

I've set up the vanilla civilized races to naturally have werewolves, elemental mages and priests among the populace, which are non-transferable at the moment because they're genetic. Now, I'm moving on to druids and shamans. Druids will be concerned primarily with transformations into and effects on natural creatures, and favored by elves. Shamans will possess abilities to curse or bless individuals and raise minor zombies.

Does anybody have a good name for the creatures druids can transform into? They're copied wolves, black bears, eagles, and lizards, with humanoid bodies (except the eagle.)
I can't come up with anything better than wolfkin or wolf-man, or maybe wolfen and wolven for plural. Not the best, but I can't come up with better...
Mayby Wolf Avatar or something like that?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 02, 2012, 02:57:34 pm »

-snip- I'm an idiot!

You could call them -x- spirit, where -x- is the name of the creature. In the description say it is the spirit of -x- twisted into human form/ granted human form. This woul give the impression that your druids channel the spirits of animals/natural forces... which is what i think druids where said to do. Unfortunately I only have Warhammer Brown Wizards and D&D druids for reference in how druidism works in fantasy.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 05, 2012, 03:29:54 am »

-snip- I'm a page stretcher!

You could call them -x- spirit, where -x- is the name of the creature. In the description say it is the spirit of -x- twisted into human form/ granted human form. This woul give the impression that your druids channel the spirits of animals/natural forces... which is what i think druids where said to do. Unfortunately I only have Warhammer Brown Wizards and D&D druids for reference in how druidism works in fantasy.

That's great, actually.
And the beauty of fantasy is that we can all say "I punch your reality in the face and substitute my own!" and nobody can legitimately complain.

Thusly did my druids channel the spirits of nature through their bodies. :D

However, I've run into a pretty serious problem with another caste;

The priests/defense mages. When used by NPCs, they just spam the recuperation buff, nothing else, 24/7, whether there are others in the room or not, and I can't get them to stop! They're intended to use their spells on friendlies within LOS, or themselves ONLY when fleeing from combat.

The interaction and creature raws I'm using currently;

Spoiler: interaction (click to show/hide)

Ideas to solve this? Should I just increase the spells' durations? Waiting time would be an issue in adventure mode when you're trying to buff your entire band. Is there some way I can force them to use the spells as intended/use more than just that one spell?
I make Spellcrafts!

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 06, 2012, 12:33:08 pm »

The priests/defense mages. When used by NPCs, they just spam the recuperation buff, nothing else, 24/7, whether there are others in the room or not, and I can't get them to stop! They're intended to use their spells on friendlies within LOS, or themselves ONLY when fleeing from combat.

Ideas to solve this? Should I just increase the spells' durations? Waiting time would be an issue in adventure mode when you're trying to buff your entire band. Is there some way I can force them to use the spells as intended/use more than just that one spell?

Separate the self targeting buffs from the friend-targeting buffs, and don't allow them to target_self with the friend-targeting buffs. 

I'm also having an interaction problem.  I'm trying to inflict a deadly paralysis effect with an interaction, but although the syndrome is being given, the targets aren't being paralyzed.  Can anyone see anything wrong with this interaction/syndrome?

Do some syndrome effects work differently when given by interaction?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28