Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 188082 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - First Rest Phase
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2012, 11:20:08 am »

Urist I: Do you think flavor will be a large part? If so, should we flavorclaim?
Tolyk, why do you ask someone else about what should you do?

Urist I, why do you have such a specific concern so early in the game? Especially considering that we have to get out of the ship.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2012, 11:24:44 am »

Dariush, we're trying to get to the alien ship to escape.

That said, Urist Imiknorris, how do you know someone needs to fly the ship? Who's to say it doesn't have autopilot or something?

Jim, do you think the bastardiness of this game will mess with investigative roles?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Signups CLOSED
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2012, 11:39:33 am »

Dariush: I'm talking about this ship:
You have learned that a small Space Ship is in one of the hangers and should be fully fitted for travel. You just have to get there.
I'm assuming that there needs to be somebody alive who knows how to fly it in order for us to actually escape.

Powder Miner: I'm assuming a pilot is needed because my PM specifically mentions that "oh hey, I can fly the spaceship btw" and states that it's fortunate for both me and everyone else.

Toaster:
A bit paranoid about third parties, aren't you?
I'm paranoid about everything.

Two votes does not a bandwagon make/
It does during RVS.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Signups CLOSED
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2012, 11:50:37 am »

Oh, I thought we were on a ship and have to get out of it. My mistake.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2012, 11:54:25 am »

We're on a space station and have to get to the chopper ship to escape.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2012, 12:01:19 pm »

Flandre:
Toaster:
Flandre:  What do you think will happen if all six Run phases are done with and not all the doppelgangers have been removed?
Seeing as how the doppelgangers and the rest of us must have conflicting wincons for their extermination to make sense, I would say that the doppelgangers win exclusively when one boards the ship at game-end.

Do you feel more threatened by doppelgangers, or xenozoologists?

I see.  Interesting.

I feel more threatened by the traditional mafia-style team.  Until I have reason to suspect otherwise, I will assume that there is a standard dopp team.

Urist I:  Yes, but the dopps are more threatened by anyone that can uproot their nefarious plans.

Also, bullshit on two votes being an RVS bandwagon.  Trying to make sure you don't vote someone more than once is scummier than voting someone twice.

Also, Flandre did it.  Why isn't she bandwagoning?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2012, 12:17:20 pm »

Urist I:  Yes, but the dopps are more threatened by anyone that can uproot their nefarious plans.
And how would a hivemind upset my "nefarious plans?" Perhaps you should go back and read the question I was answering.

Also, bullshit on two votes being an RVS bandwagon.  Trying to make sure you don't vote someone more than once is scummier than voting someone twice.
If you say so.

Also, Flandre did it.  Why isn't she bandwagoning?
Because you did it first.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2012, 12:59:02 pm »

Urist I:  I fail to see how it's relevant.  You were asked about them, and you responded with wanton paranoia.  Then you accuse me of lame crap, and ignore it when your scumbuddy does it.

That's two scum down, who's next?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2012, 02:05:15 pm »

Everyone: If you can fly the ship, please say so.
NativeForeigner: If you were an agent, who would you inspect tonight?

I am also fully qualified to fly the ship.

One of Toaster, Jim, or bookthras. They're rather difficult to read.

I'll be back with some content tonight.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2012, 02:06:44 pm »

ToonyMan: As scum, who would you kill tonight?
Probably you or Toaster.

ToonyMan, do you think that dooplegangers ("scum") are the main concern, or should we be looking out for whoever's following us?
Finding scum is important, however we need to figure out how the bastard works as well.  Otherwise chance of (coherent) victory is slim.

ToonyMan: Because of the prevalence of xenozoologists in the flavour as our main antagonists, do you think they will be fashioned differently from ordinary xenozoologists? Why?
Maybe?  I'm guessing anything can be different.

Oooh Jim, how much do you like Toaster?
Oooooooh Urist, how much do you like me?
OOoooh Dariush how much do you hate Urist?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2012, 02:16:08 pm »

I'm pissing with steam
because of hating him.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2012, 02:19:14 pm »

That sounds painful.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2012, 02:34:54 pm »

Oooooooh Urist, how much do you like me?
What is this? These questions are pointless, and will just return equally dumb, uninformative answers.

In other news:
I have read through the flavour-text again, and I have sort of formulated a theory on how this setup might work. Bear with me--this is completely speculative, but may be worth looking into if my hunch is close. I am not asking that others believe it, but I don't think it would hurt to share.
Spoiler: Theory (WIFOM) (click to show/hide)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2012, 03:37:31 pm »

Jim, suppose you're an investigative role, and somebody keeps both roleblocking and protecting you at night. What's your first assumption- that they're doing it for your own good, or to knock out a potential power role? What if they're removing your vote to protect you instead?

It depends on whether I had claimed beforehand. Also, it depends on if it's part of the same action or two separate actions. I'm assuming you mean that it's part of the same action? If it's separate actions then I don't think I really need to talk too much about it.

If I had claimed during the day and then the following night I was blocked, I'd assume it was to stop me from investigating, because what good is protecting an investigator if he can't do his work? If I hadn't claimed, I don't think I could draw any conclusions about it. I'd assume it was more for protection than for roleblocking, but not by much.

If they're taking my vote away and protecting me, I would assume it's more for the protection than because of the vote. Votes are important, but keeping alive an investigator in a bastard game at the cost of a vote seems like a good trade.

Jim, do you think the bastardiness of this game will mess with investigative roles?

Probably.

Last Bastard Paranormal there were mafia games on two levels; the staged game and then the real game. The trick of BP1 was that Agents got inspect results on Third Parties and Doppelgangers on both levels.

There's probably some kind of trickiness with inspects and such, but who knows what it's going to be.

Toaster is my mafia BFF. Whenever possible I want to be on the same team as him.

<3 <3 <3 Toaster <3 <3 <3

I'm a popular guy with random votes, it seems.

Spoiler: Theory (WIFOM) (click to show/hide)

So the alien scientists, content to have one of each, decide to stop pursuing their captives and let them run off with one of their ships?

Hmmmmm, that doesn't seem too likely to me.

Toaster, so Urist Imiknorris is scum. What kind of scum?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2012, 03:40:48 pm »

Unvote Jim.

Toaster:
Irony:  Why so specific a question?
I wanted something a bit fancier than preferred scumteams or whatever, since it feels like I'd already know most of that.

Imiknorris:
Everyone: If you can fly the ship, please say so.
Why? Ohhhhhh, I get it.

Now I see. Dopps want off the station just like town does. Meaning they need a pilot alive just like town does, meaning they want to know who not to NK. Clevah guhl.

If you say so.
Make up your mind, scum. Is it scummier or not?

Flandre:
It may be that the only way the captives can win is if we throw one of each type of player to the xenozoologists (before they catch up to us, possibly), satisfy their wincon (ending the chase) and getting to the ship whilst eliminating the doppelgangers.
The problem with this is that we're on a xeno space station. It doesn't make any (well, much) sense that they'd grab their absolute basic requirements and then stop chasing us.

This does remind me of an interesting question, though.

Jim, Toaster, and Toony: Do you think there will be any negative consequences for nolynching?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 63