Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 188081 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - First Rest Phase
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2012, 12:06:32 am »

Jim Groovester:
I did rush through the motions. I can't dispute that.
If you'd really like to know, I was trying to be useful, and I guess I got sloppy and went overboard. Yesterday was possibly the most I have ever actively participated in a single day, and I did not want to pull another BYOR-opener. I didn't consider TolyK's time zone when I attacked him. He left us with what I thought was a nervous smile, in addendum to his response to who he would consider good scum-partners. His lack of activity afterwards looked to be the perfect reason to increase pressure on him, and I left it at that.
As for the reread, I apparently needed it because I missed your question.

You're making this easy. If you won't dispute it then I guess I don't really have any reason to change my vote, now do I?

Convince me you're town through scumhunting. And not show scumhunting, because that's exactly what I voted you for.

Why not give us your insight, instead of dodging the question?

By the time I was able to answer the question, Meph had already given an answer about it. There's little point giving insight to some issue when there's already Word of Mod about it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2012, 01:01:05 am »

Bookthras: I called because Urist had been saying aliens were the only pilot, and I knew that wasn't true. I actually didn't think it out very well but whatever I figured that it's a bastard game right we should figure it out. If I were a dopp, I'd keep them alive because after thinking about your question there's no real reason I can think of killing human pilots would help the dopps. It's not if the pilots are power roles with active anti-dopp abilities. No, in fact, they're possibly beneficial power roles who there's no reason to kill off early. So if I were a dopp pilot I'd keep them around.

Anyway, another piece of the puzzle, not only aliens can have alternate wincons in this one. I just wanna escape on the ship myself.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2012, 01:25:34 am »

Alright, uh. I'm in a bit of a fix right now, as I just realized an important aspect of my role that makes things a lot harder. :P
But anyways, my wincon is to have at least someone escape on the ship.
And I know that (at least some) dooplegangers don't actually need to eat folks due to a serum or something that allows them to only take proteins and still live, although I think it's possible for their wincon to change during the day/night.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2012, 03:21:20 am »

Extend.

Book: Before TolyK's post, I would've just said "Dopps eat everyone and it's game over for town." Now, if TolyK is telling the truth, it sounds like we have some probably Survivor dopps as well, who wouldn't cause game over if they made it.

TolyK: Why didn't you mention something this incredibly important earlier? What exactly do you know about them, no hedging like in your current post? Why at least some dopps?

Irony: Fair enough, I guess.

Flandre: Well, either you're accusing him of not posting enough, which is an absolute insane accusation this early in the game, or you admitted you were trying to drum up attacks on someone you didn't have anything on. Which is it?

So we currently have 3 claimed survivors: Native, Powder, and Urist I. They're also the three claimed pilots. Do we have a largeish faction of survivors where one of them needs to survive for anyone to win?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2012, 03:51:55 am »

I think the serum thing strongly suggests that having any dopps on board the ship is game over. Because sure, they may not need to eat or kill now because they're doped up on protein paste, but once they get on board and start flying back to Earth, that's a different story.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2012, 04:00:53 am »

Book: Before TolyK's post, I would've just said "Dopps eat everyone and it's game over for town." Now, if TolyK is telling the truth, it sounds like we have some probably Survivor dopps as well, who wouldn't cause game over if they made it.

Noted. Though "don't need to eat right now" doesn't mean "survivor dopps" at all. The fact that they may not need to eat you now doesn't mean they won't eat you later, or choose to eat you just because they can.

But Tolyk: Please give us a bit of context for this pearl of wisdom. How did you come by it? What do you know about changing win conditions?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2012, 04:07:32 am »

I think the serum thing strongly suggests that having any dopps on board the ship is game over. Because sure, they may not need to eat or kill now because they're doped up on protein paste, but once they get on board and start flying back to Earth, that's a different story.

I'm not so sure. As per my earlier response to Think, if the win condition is "get to the ship and escape", then if you make it to the ship with a pilot (of whichever race?), that may be enough to fulfill it... though you may get et on route to wherever, it'd still be after the game. Maybe the question is about whether the goal is getting to the ship, or surviving the trip to its destination.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2012, 05:02:21 am »

Are you suggesting we shouldn't get rid of dopps because them gobbling everyone up is something that's going to happen after the game is over?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2012, 05:05:24 am »

I'm a survivor too, but I can't pilot the ship.

And I know that (at least some) dooplegangers don't actually need to eat folks due to a serum or something that allows them to only take proteins and still live, although I think it's possible for their wincon to change during the day/night.
How do you know it?

Flandre, stop softballing the fuck out of everyone. You are a destructive vampire, so stop pretending to be anything else. Also, that bit about BYOR still didn't answer my question - why do you care so much whether I asked any RVS questions?

Dariush:  Perhaps he is an experienced pilot?
So? I doubt humans (assuming they even have spaceships in the settings) have the same ship design as xenos and thus can be cross-piloted.

DON'T IGNORE MY QUESTIONS POWDER MINER

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2012, 05:48:49 am »

Are you suggesting we shouldn't get rid of dopps because them gobbling everyone up is something that's going to happen after the game is over?
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm suggesting. A "Save the Dopps" conservation society. Let them eat longpork-cake.

No. What I'm suggesting is that a) "not hungry" dopps doesn't mean "survivor dopps"; b) "escape on the ship" doesn't mean "get to where the ship is going"; c) flavour says "get to the ship" is the goal; and d) win conditions seem to be more concerned with lasting to D6 or so, rather than with what happens after the ship takes off.

None of the above says "we shouldn't get rid of dopps"; it merely states things we've learned so far, and I think learning and unraveling as much as we can about the setting is critically important. Don't you?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2012, 05:52:44 am »

At first I thought that wasn't important. Silly me...
Extend
TolyK: Why didn't you mention something this incredibly important earlier? What exactly do you know about them, no hedging like in your current post? Why at least some dopps?
As far as I know I'm the only one affected. Before you pick up your guns and pitchforks, let me explain something.
I have no idea who the other dopps are, there are none here from my "pod", and the "captors" have made a "serum" which stops the "blood lust" and lets me eat proteins with no side-effects. Even though I don't really like the humans, I'm more concerned about escaping than harming them. My goal, since I'm angry with the captors, is for at least one person (not sure if this is human, or player, probably latter).
I have a special ability I'm not willing to disclose right now.
But Tolyk: Please give us a bit of context for this pearl of wisdom. How did you come by it? What do you know about changing win conditions?
I know nothing about changing win conditions, due to this being a bastard, though, we should be prepared.
This information is from my role PM.
How do you know it?
Unless Meph is lying that blatantly, role PM.

So yeah. My role is basically a miller survivor with a cherry on top...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2012, 09:37:36 am »

Agent Seeker was an old Paranormal role whose goal was to find the agent.

Flandre:  The difference is a slight one.  I'd rather vote obvscum Urist over it, but I've got my eye on you.

TolyK:  Why should we believe you?  Better yet, why aren't you the perfect lynch candidate, given that you have a role that's untrustworthy and you've claimed to win if anyone gets to the ship?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2012, 10:28:12 am »

DON'T IGNORE MY QUESTIONS POWDER MINER
What questions? I may have missed them.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2012, 12:03:59 pm »

POWDER THIS QUESTION IS ADDRESSED TO YOU
watched the ship on the way here and thinks he could fly it.
How exactly are you supposed to learn to pilot a spaceship by observing it, especially from inside a laboratory or wherever the fuck we are?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2012, 12:16:44 pm »

The Vote Tally
Flandre: Jim Groovester, Think0028, Zrk2
Powder Miner: Bookthras, Dariush
TolyK: Urist Imiknorris
Urist Imiknorris: Toaster

Run phase ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There are 3 votes for an Extension. One more vote is needed to Extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Monday.

Mod:  Given that we "should reach the hanger on the Sixth Rest phase," does that imply that we will have one more lynch before we get on board?  What happens if a wincon is fulfilled before we get there?

That will all depend on how things are when you get there.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:40:58 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 63