Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: [Succ. 34.11+] Watchedgleam (necro-, demon- and vampire-con; free elf-delivery!)  (Read 80757 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession 34.02+] Watchedgleam (part evil, savage, tower, elven war)
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2012, 12:59:24 pm »

Likes fresh ideas but likes tradition?

Wut?

What are his skills btw?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Nemica

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers to consume diet coke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2012, 01:08:22 pm »

I don't have the game open right now, but I remember him as a surgeon.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2012, 11:19:58 am »

So when do you think we'll be getting the next update?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2012, 11:37:58 am »

if he lives around Vancouver island then there was a major storm that knocked out most of the power in the area

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2012, 12:00:32 pm »

Don't worry, she lives in Austria. So I guess that the next (and most likely last) update will be realeased soon.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2012, 01:20:41 pm »

Hang on. I have version 34.02. Will that not work with the version the game is currently on?

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2012, 02:01:46 pm »

Everything from 34.02 onward will be fine, don't worry. Just upgrade your DF to the newest version. It would have been a problem only if we had created the world in 34.01.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2012, 04:32:42 pm »

So I'll need to re-download? Oh well.

Nemica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2012, 07:26:51 am »

Well, thanks to my XXLaptopXX, which bluescreened on me, I think I lost some notes. It's not much, most likely, but enough to keep the motivation down a bit.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2012, 09:53:50 am »

Requesting a turn and dorfing as any legendary, preferably a weapon- or armorsmith.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2012, 12:06:40 pm »

Well, thanks to my XXLaptopXX, which bluescreened on me, I think I lost some notes. It's not much, most likely, but enough to keep the motivation down a bit.

In game notes?

If so, that just adds to the FUN.
It was inevitable.

Nemica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2012, 11:55:53 am »

Winter

1th of Moonstone

The pillars are tempting. It's like they're calling out to me. "Dig me. Dig me," they whisper... no, not really. Even though I'm dead, I wouldn't want to endanger those who are less fortunate.

9th of Moonstone

The caravan leaves. Well, we have our coal. We could expand the tree farm a bit, just to be on the safe side.

This, on the other hand, could be a problem. I order drinks to be brewed. Do we even have a brewer? And once again, I shake my head at my predecessor. Did he really think that these little farms would suffice?

20th of Moonstone

The booze situation has stabilized. Still, I'm not sure for how long until they will start drinking... water again.

4th of Opal

The booze situation has stabilized. I have decided to poke holes into the northern pillar. That way we can find out if there's really anything in there or if it's just stories made up by bored and/or sober dwarves.

7th of Opal

Now I feel stupid. I ordered them away from this quite literal hellhole.

9th of Opal

Xiek, who carved the Hellhole, is still thoroughly disturbed. Still, she managed to give some descriptions of what awaits us in the northern pillar.

10th of Opal

I don't feel well with all these things crawling around in the pillar. Additionally, one of the Glassmakers has started mumbling about having an idea. Great. We don't have any glass, right? I mean, we don't even have a glass furnace.

16th of Opal

Nope. No glass. I have a second glass furnace made. Glass items can be sold for a whole lot of bucks, from what I gathered... I don't like this at all.

26th of Opal

The glass is not being made fast enough. I don't want it to be my fault.

4th of Obsidian

finally. he starTed working. i'm not sure How long i will bE able to Do this. i... i think I'm gEtting crazy. Maybe I am. Or it's just the afterlife calliNg me. alSo, i'm ordering sAnd. lots of sand, hoping that this will neveR happEn again.

7th of obsidian

we have booze. why yes, we have lots of it. booze is great. one CAn never have enough of it. aLso, did you know we're a viLlage? I didN't. village of watchedGleam.

8th of obsidian

isn't it beautiful? HE created a beautifuL traP. i wished for iMagEs on it, but you can't have everything, right? no one can have everything.

12th of obsidian

maybe i should let out gigmaster it sounds like a good idea nah probably not im not crazy after all

17th of obsidian

oh curse those THIEVES! THey sltaal our SOULS° Souls I SAY no matter what the others think its not about GOODS its about our souls our very souls

and the ambushes oh the ambushes they all want to kill us ALL

they killed them all our military is dead and theyre here yeah the demons are here

11+7+3+1

felcis oh dear felcis is the last one standing against them and he is filled with the rage of the mountain

and how he fought them off them demons with their snow and their ash and their armokdamn VOMIT

but now theyre after the YOUNG souls too stealing them from us in filthy bags

pull the levers pull them all and keep the filth away from us

keep us from the DEMONS

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

27th of Obsidian

I'm confused. I woke up today with half a dozen dwarfs telling me about others going missing. I wonder if I should tell them that I can't remember anything that happened since I arrived at this fort, but all this seems too crazy. From what I hear, there have been multiple ambushes and a whole bunch of otherworldly creatures are waiting down in the adamantine pillar.

Worst of all, they say that I have been their leader. I don't get it. At all. The best thing is to just pretend to be overstressed from all the crap going on and let someone else take control of this fort.

For the next overseer.

Oh god. There were like five snathers, a few thieves and two ambushes. I'm afraid our military is dead, except for felcis, who's just badass.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2012, 12:53:36 pm »

No why! why cruel world! im dead and wait the demons are made of snow, ash, and vomit wow that's pretty weird. wouldn't the snow ones melt?

Nemica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2012, 12:56:49 pm »

Well apparently hell is a rather cold place.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2012, 02:38:32 pm »

Uh, what is your framerate after revealing the demons? Usually they cause massive slowdown, especially if they can't get anywhere. And that could be a huge problem for future overseers.

Anyway, awesome job overseering dude.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:40:27 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30