Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: [Succ. 34.11+] Watchedgleam (necro-, demon- and vampire-con; free elf-delivery!)  (Read 80756 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession 34.02+] Watchedgleam (part evil, savage, tower, elven war)
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2012, 11:41:58 am »

I'd prefer not to have to say this, but Felcis, do you think we should put a time limit on XanatosGambit?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2012, 02:53:16 pm »

Yeah, I agree on that. I will send him a PM now and ask him about his status. If he can't play a lot in the next days, then he should just do one last journal to wrap it up and let the next player continue.
If there is no answer till thursday, we will just reroll the year and continue with Nemica. Nothing personal of course, but the show must go on and there will still be more turns available later.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2012, 04:06:08 pm »

Don't make us have to skip you, bro. If you can't even be bothered to check the thread during your own turn...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:18:13 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2012, 04:09:23 pm »

We'll soon reach two pages of complaining, keep up the good work guys! :P

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2012, 05:55:51 pm »

I would like to try this as my first succession game. Are there any specific rules or anything I need to get for my computer to take part? I have the Lazy Newb Pack but I don't really use it. Dorf me too please.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:29:46 pm by TheWetSheep »

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2012, 06:51:25 pm »

^^ At least its better than two pages of Monty Python references.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Feb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2012, 09:07:02 am »

^^ At least its better than two pages of Monty Python references.

I'd like two pages with MP of references D:

Nemica

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers to consume diet coke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2012, 01:19:13 pm »

I looked into the save Felcis uploaded and I was like wat. If I really have to take over from him, it's gonna be an... interesting turn.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2012, 01:50:58 pm »

I'm pretty much planning on rebuilding the fort from scratch, and converting the old fort into a nightmarish psychological experiment in which random dorfs are subjected to numerous small, bothersome stimuli for !!!SCIENCE
It was inevitable.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2012, 05:27:39 pm »

Okay, since Thursday has almost gone by (for me at least) I declare that TheXanatosGambit is now officially at Nemica's mercy. She can begin with the start of Friday whenever she pleases after declaring the start of her turn with a post in this thread. So basically Xanatos can still finish his turn up if he somehow returns before that post (that would be quite a last minute miracle), but it would basically be his last chance.
I still hope everything turns out fine for him in RealLife, but unfortunately we can not wait for him any longer. He is still welcome to apply for another turn later, if he feels ready again.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2012, 06:25:51 pm »

I would like a turn and a dorf please. Check my last post for more details

Nemica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2012, 04:30:53 am »

Okay, I'm starting my turn now.

And Felcis, stop ignoring that wet sheep here. :D

I think I'll dorf you with the next migrant wave.

edit:

Prologue

I knew it. Armok be damned I knew it. "I have a bad feeling," I said when we hit that warm stone. Arceia merely rolled her eyes. "You always have a bad feeling." And with that, she slammed her pick into the wall, revealing a flood of magma.

So I'm dead now. Hey, this could be mine. Hard to tell when it's all molten.

And before anyone asks, no. I'm not a ghost. Do you see me floating around here? I'm in some kind of waiting queue for the dead. And I tell you, whoever processes that does approximately as much work as your average noble. So I'll be stuck here for a while. Deal with it.

So I start 'floating' around the fort, looking for Felcis. "Go dig on, it's safe." Yeah. Very safe. What was he th-

Oh, found him. What's that supposed to be? And daaamn, seeing him like that almost makes me feel bad. I look at the scribbling in his hands and... he wants to hand over his post. Well, definitely the right thing to do. There's only one problem so far. The one who was supposed to be the next leader was TheXanathosGambit.

As much as I like him and I'm going to miss him, I doubt he's going to have a clear enough head to lead a fortress. And we all know what happens when... okay, I'll stop now.

Also, I feel like I should take over the whole thing in his stead. I'm not entirely sure how to do that, but well, I doubt anyone here is.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:57:15 am by Nemica »

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2012, 07:43:40 am »

Very nice start there. I updated the dorfing list and also reset the dwarves dorfed in Xanatos' turn, so you know who to dorf again.

Nemica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2012, 12:00:47 pm »

Spring

1st of Granite

The first thing to do is to stop the building of that ridiculous shed around Felcis. Also, I think I made him get a move on because a few moments later he runs inside. Talking about inside... WHAT is this? The first few levels are a chaotic mess. There's bridges everywhere, workshops standing wherever they felt like building them and if I knew where our food came from, I wound have rather starved.

Those things in violet, those are dead rats. Yes. The food is covered in dead rats. It might not bother me if it was stored in barrels, but no. No barrels. Checking the... err... I'll call it generic stockpile near the dining hall, I notice that we don't have bins either. Everything is filled with these crafts humans love so much. And even there, workshops. They're everywhere!

On the other hand, there's still one miner left, so it's not completely hopeless. I assign two new areas to be dug out.

A stockpile for ore. Everything lies next to the workshops it's used and produced in, but ore lies just everywhere.

An underground wood farm. We're at war with those damned elves we have to be prepared for everything.

2nd of Granite

The haunting gloom has returned. I bet that one day, someone will be caught in it, will turn into one of these zombies and will kill us all. Other than that, we need a bookkeeper. I have absolutely no idea how our stocks are.

Seeing the new office for our sheriff, I decide to give him a second job.

As I assign the bed next to the office to our sheriff, I notice that he's apparently married to Wynz. So either our society is more open-minded than I thought or Wynz isn't as male as we thought.

5th of Granite

One miner is not enough. As I go and tell TheAxiom that he has to take over weaponsmithing too, since that was Arceia's job, I notice that we have no coal.

Also, looking at how Anti-Paragon already does most of the administrative stuff, he'll take over bookkeeping too. And yes, he too needs an office. I begin to suspect that Felcis wasted his time with building all these bridges and forgot about everything else.

Well, that and building himself nice quarters.

13th of Granite

FINALLY! The wood got burned and the picks are ordered to be made.

And it turns out that the carpenters were making barrels all along... I wasn't even sure we had a carpenter's workshop. On the other hand, we're almost out of wood for bins.

19th of Granite

We got a whole bunch of migrants. I'll probably take over one of them... wait. Something's odd.

And no, I'm not talking about the lungfish. This one simply refuses to come in. We're at one of the last settlement of our civilization and this dwarf would rather let herself get mauled by elves. I'll never understand some of them.

24th of Granite

I've been waiting for a few days. That strange dwarf, a trader, still won't come in. On the other hand, the whole bunch turned out to be two. Two. Migrants.

This is the first one. I have no idea how to pronounce that name, but he insists on it. I might result to calling him dorf.

The second one's name startled me. I think this will be my new avatar for the time being. She's also going to take over my old professions.

While looking around, I note a few things. First, there are still no new picks. Second, I was right.

Third, many workshops are cluttered with their own goods. Unfortunately, with TheAxiom being still on break, no picks will be made.

2nd of Slate

What the on what just the fuck was going on there? I check on the dining hall, just to see a whole bunch of new dwarves hanging out there. Where did they even come from? Nobody told me. So here are some of the more notable ones.

This one here gives me the creeps. He insists on being adressed with Herr Doktor and speaks in a strange accent.

This is empfan. She's going to be our animal trainer. Despite the fact that she's actually a potter.

Stoutpants. Go on, make a joke. I know you want it.

Waaait. That can't be right. The number of civilizations she's been with is more than just suspicious. Anyways, she'll go and make some picks now, even if it's just to keep her from doing suspicious stuff.

6th of Slate

I'm back to mining. This new body isn't used to it yet, but that will change. Since it's going to take a while, I chose to delay some projects. The tree farm should be dug out as soon as possible. Trees take some time to grow.

14th of Slate

Well, Wynz is definitely female. Mystery solved.

Progress of the tree farm:

17th of Slate

Anti-Paragon's office is finished.

26th of Slate

Gigmaster now helps with the mining. Mostly so that I can keep an eye on her.

2nd of Felsite

Our stocks are still not counted. Turns out that Anti-Paragon is on break. Whoo! While our woodcutters run around in areas beyond the river, wide open to potential attacks, the first cavern trees grew to full size. It's good to know that we can become independent from the surface.

Which reminds me, our trade depot is still full of goods. We really do need stockpiles.

8th of Felsite

Our cook ran out of materials. Why were we even cooking all our resources?

Meanwhile, Gigmaster is the only one who's still working. No food, no drink, nothing. This dwarf is highly uncanny.

14th of Felsite

Not bad, I say. Anti-Paragon finished that overly long break and delivered some numbers. I think we should survive.

20th of Felsite

Slowpokez decided that it was a good time to party. No one agreed.

26th of Felsite

A huge part of the tree farm is dug out. We also started on my memorial. Hey, I deserve that!

28th of Felsite

No, I don't need to be notified about that haunting gloom. As long as we stay away from the weird grass, it's not going to reach us.

1th of Hematite

Thus ends spring. I have to say, everything went better than expected.

Our stocks are finally accurate.

Gigmaster is too busy to try anything funny.

Also, we're on our best way to get proper stockpiles.

So, here is spring. I noticed a bit too late, that Gig is a vampire, but so far she's quite useful. I plan on giving her a special workshop with an airlock system. For now she mines to stay busy.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:19:06 pm by Nemica »

Gigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2012, 01:09:34 pm »

[PREFSTRING: Fiersh teeefs]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30