Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Hammertime - Here Comes the Hammer [Game Over]  (Read 45116 times)

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
Re: Hammertime - Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em [Day 1]
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2012, 06:52:00 am »

McNoble:
Dariush keeps lurking, my money would be on him, because he should know better.
Do conditional statements have cooties around here or something? That's the second time in less than half a day someone's disappeared an "if" down the memory hole.

I don't like quote-mining.

What's your read on Jim, Native and OB?
Jim hasn't dropped any scumtells that I've seen, but he's one of the people who would benefit greatly from penngo's and Andrew's antics, so that tells me little.

Native is tunneling Andrew, which doesn't tell me anything about him, because Andrew is a sufficiently reasonable target that pointing out his cock-ups isn't scummy in itself.

Bottle... I'm leaning town, but I can't put my finger on any single post that makes me feel that way.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2012, 03:27:26 pm »

Vote Count:

Jim Groovester:
NativeForeigner:
Phantom of The Library:
Urist McUselessNoble:
Orangebottle:
Andrew425: Orangebottle, NativeForeigner, penngo009
Dariush:
penngo009: zombie urist, Andrew425, Dariush
zombie urist:

No Lynch:

Not voting:  Jim Groovester, Phantom of The Library, Urist McUselessNoble

With 9 alive, 5 votes to hammer.

Not sure how I missed that one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2012, 04:53:44 pm »

penngo009: I'm curious, how many games of mafia have you played?

Jim Groovester You've gone mostly quiet, how do you view the other quiet people in this game? (Orangebottle, Native and Phantom)

Urist McNoble How can Orangebottle be leaning town in your mind if he hasn't played enough to make a read?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2012, 05:21:01 pm »

Urist McNoble How can Orangebottle be leaning town in your mind if he hasn't played enough to make a read?
The problem with reading him is not that he hasn't posted enough, it's that he has been posting almost exclusively about you and penngo, and I can't tell which part of your wagon is the scumwagon and which is the townwagon. But I'm leaning towards Bottle being on the townwagon. Based on, admittedly, nothing more than a gut feeling.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2012, 05:44:21 pm »

Urist McUselessNoble: Maybe you should start asking some more questions and scumhunt instead of sitting back and answering questions.

Andrew425: There are some questions for you. Why don't you answer them?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2012, 08:09:24 pm »

Sorry, I was at my grandpa's house over the weekend and had to attend a funeral on saturday.

Dariush:
Why shouldn't Penngo be voting for the person he finds most suspicious?
Would you prefer he vote for someone who he thinks is town?
Everybody is probable scum.
I read his sentence as probably instead of probable, because probable makes no sense to me.

As I said, mostly I don't like the tone of his post that practically says 'Hey look at me, I so don't care a fuck about Andrew's accusation!'
You mean like he's actively trying to not care about Andrew's accusation, instead of actually not caring?
I can see that.

Do you have, like, any suspicions?
Perhaps you should ask yourself that question.

McUselessNoble:
You, Native, Jim and Bottle are all sniping at the two easy targets, the two noobs are being noobish and Dariush and Phantom are lurking.
Have you stopped to consider that we're looking at the scummiest people in the game right now?
I think they're both scum.

We may end up having to lynch penngo or Andrew because they provide such a target-rich environment for the scum to fake scumhunting in. But my gut says they'll flip town, and Mr. Bayes agrees with my gut.
What the fuck am I reading?
Yeah, about that first sentence: we should be lynching people we think are scum.

The problem with reading him is not that he hasn't posted enough, it's that he has been posting almost exclusively about you and penngo, and I can't tell which part of your wagon is the scumwagon and which is the townwagon. But I'm leaning towards Bottle being on the townwagon. Based on, admittedly, nothing more than a gut feeling.
If all you have is a gut feeling, why don't you ask me some questions? That's usually what you do when you want to get a better feel for what alignment the person is.

Why aren't you voting? Are you afraid of hammering somebody you think may be scum?

Jim:
Why are you being unusually quiet? Why aren't you voting?

Phantom: Who're you suspicious of? Why are you lurking so much? Why aren't you voting?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2012, 08:33:27 pm »

Andrew425 for not answering questions. It's almost hammertime! So you better get to them.

Jim Groovester You've gone mostly quiet, how do you view the other quiet people in this game? (Orangebottle, Native and Phantom)

I don't have a problem with their current level of activity and have no strong opinions about them about it.

If they keep being quiet, then I might have more problem.

-Did I not mention I have more experience then you?

You haven't even made it through a single Beginner's Mafia yet, and even then, it takes some players more than just one to get to any position where they can start lording their skill over other players.

And frankly, the improvement in the signal to noise ratio might be worth it even if you flip town.

Alright, so: you think penngo009's scummy, so it's worth it to lynch him, but if he's town, it's also worth it to lynch him?

You can't have it both ways, my friend. It's scummy to justify your arguments both ways like that. It smells of someone who knows a player is town, but is too afraid to completely lie out of his ass about it, so he tries to provide good reasons for why a mislynch wouldn't be so bad.

Arguments for a player being scum are the only ones you want to provide. If somebody is town, then they should not be lynched.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2012, 08:49:22 pm »

Andrew425: There are some questions for you. Why don't you answer them?

I thought I had gone through everyone's questions. Thanks for pointing it out

Native
And now this question, too: What are you trying to achieve by asking who is scumpartner is?

Not much, i'm just poking around. It seems though that i'm finding a layer of scumminess on him.

Native
In your very next post (quoted above), after I pointed out that it was the town title and there was no interpretation, you claim that you knew it was the town title and you didn't see the harm in claiming town. That means you're lying. Town has no reason to lie, scum does. Go hang.

Why are you stretching my words? The fact that I said I was town or even implied it has no bearing on this game. Either i'm lying and i'm scum or i'm a town who has no idea why you're going after me for calling myself an innocent dancer.

May the mass times acceleration be with you

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2012, 08:55:04 pm »

Jim, that's actually a lie I did play ONE beginners mafia back in 2010, but I haven't played again until lately. You probable have no idea about this, which is why I really don't care. My brother convinced me to play again. Though, you can guess on who that is.  ;)
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2012, 10:20:53 pm »

Jim, that's actually a lie I did play ONE beginners mafia back in 2010, but I haven't played again until lately. You probable have no idea about this, which is why I really don't care. My brother convinced me to play again. Though, you can guess on who that is.  ;)

*Cough* Sorry to interrupt, but that was... not finished at all. Really.

BM XI

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2012, 11:14:23 pm »

Andrew425, there are two links zombie urist linked to. One of them points to one of my posts.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2012, 11:24:21 pm »

Vote Count:

Jim Groovester:
NativeForeigner:
Phantom of The Library:
Urist McUselessNoble:
Orangebottle:
Andrew425: Orangebottle, NativeForeigner, penngo009, Jim Groovester
Dariush:
penngo009: zombie urist, Andrew425, Dariush
zombie urist:

No Lynch:

Not voting: Phantom of The Library, Urist McUselessNoble

With 9 alive, 5 votes to hammer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2012, 01:58:48 am »

Alright, so: you think penngo009's scummy, so it's worth it to lynch him, but if he's town, it's also worth it to lynch him?
No, I think penngo (and Andrew too) are town, so I don't vote them. But I think they're scummy enough that I cannot reasonably use someone voting them as the basis for interrogation.

Have you stopped to consider that we're looking at the scummiest people in the game right now?
Scummiest based on what metric of scumminess?

Serious question. Because if you're going off a mental checklist of scumtells that is based on the culture of this board and various forms of behaviour that would be counterproductive in a townie, then you only get good reads on people who have a competent town play.

Sure, you can policylynch people for not being productive for the town. I'm not a big fan of that policy, but you can do that. Is that what you are doing? Because it looks a lot like that is what you're doing.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2012, 06:23:48 am »

McNoble:
Dariush keeps lurking, my money would be on him, because he should know better.
Do conditional statements have cooties around here or something? That's the second time in less than half a day someone's disappeared an "if" down the memory hole.

I don't like quote-mining.
By saying 'if I keep lurking' you quite obviously imply that I already am lurking, which is synonimical to 'I keep lurking'.

Perhaps you should ask yourself that question.
Ooooh, perhaps I should.
"Dariush!"
"Whuh?"
"Do you have, like, any suspicions?"
"Sure I do. McNoble and Penngo for reasons already explained."
"Okay, thanks."

I think they're both scum.
Wow, nice one. Uh. Why?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2012, 04:47:09 pm »

PFP

My apologies for not being able to make a full post at this time, I am still busy, but I have a break now.  At the latest I should be able to make a full post on Wednesday and unless something else comes up I will actively participating in the game from then onward. 
I have not had the time to even read over the ~4 pages that the game has went through since I was gone or even log onto the forums.  If you require proof that I haven't been lurking; I took a screenshot of my profile before logging on, showing that I haven't been on for the past four days.
http://tnypic.net/cb743.png
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17