Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 8 (12/13) - Night 1: Trouble  (Read 33690 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 8 (13/13) - Day 1: Start
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 11:45:42 am »

Good morning world. Is everyone excited to lynch some scum?

Caz: I don't think I recognize you ... have you played Mafia games before (here or other)?

I've played one beginner mafia on here before. Usually I stick to irc mafia. Hello.

I guess this is the time to ask some questions about the game. It's 13p - how many scum should we expect? And are survivors and sks possible in vote mafia?

Leafsnail - If you were town, what vote power would you consider the most useful to help out?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [FULL!] Vote Mafia 8
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012, 11:54:51 am »

Oh, forgot to ask before, is there any standard roles that usually exists in vote mafia?
Vanilla Voter is the standard role with one vote.

Other than that, have fun!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2012, 03:01:02 pm »

Native:  How excited are you to have been picked as scum?

Unfortunately, I didn't get the part.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2012, 04:49:22 pm »

Everybody, add bawns to your ignore list.(Profile > Modify Profile > buddy/Ignore list.) His shock image was deleted, but he could come back with another.
I've taken to just image blocking bay12forums unless someone I trust posts an image.  It's a shame it's come to that but we seem to have some disgruntled shock image posting user.

Leafsnail: What would be your favorite vote-based power to have (or had, if you've been in previous VMs)?
The ones who gain votes as the game goes on such as the Fibonacci Voter kindof appeal to me since they'd let you avoid attention from the mafia at the start then bring the fist of god down on them later.  Triple Voter is another VM staple that's pretty good.

Urist_McArathos: Have your buddies finished briefing you yet?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »

Bookthras: As town, what (potentially realistic) vote power would you not want scum to have?
One of the scum in Vote Mafia 7 had an infinity-votes power, I thought that was pretty ugly.

Penngo, Tolyk, DividebyZero: if you were scumbuddies with no special killing abilities, which one of you would you prefer execute the nightkill and why?

Caz: if you were a vanilla voter (no powers), would you be disappointed or relieved?

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 06:01:04 pm »

DivideByZero:  I haven't seen you play- is this your first game?

On this forum, yes.

--------

Hmm, so now we ask incriminating questions? Alrighty then.

Caz: Do you prefer day roles or night roles?

DividebyZero: if you were scumbuddies with no special killing abilities, which one of you would you prefer execute the nightkill and why?

Me, I'm the newest and thus the least useful as a player. That is, if there are roles which can determine player targets/kill the attacker.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 09:55:55 pm »

Urist_McArathos: Have your buddies finished briefing you yet?

Nice, real slick.  Obligatory "I'm not scum, I don't have buddies to brief me" reply.

What did you hope to accomplish from this, really?

Dariush: What voting powers do you consider the most useful as town?  As scum?  Why?

Jim Groovester: Are you afraid of me yet?  Why or why not?

penngo009: Who would you prefer to be in this game, town or scum?  Why?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 03:06:09 am »

Jim:  What types of voters, if any, should consider claiming early?

At the very least, double or triple voters should consider claiming, so we can consciously avoid ties and therefore letting multiple lynches happen. Infinity Voter probably wouldn't be good idea. Any role that can steal votes could probably safely claim but it's not very damaging if they do or don't. I'm struggling to think of other roles that would be beneficial if they claimed.

From my experiences with Vote Mafias, it doesn't seem as important as in other games to make sure that roles are kept hidden and preserved, since roles are simply vote based so everyone knows what tricks are going to go on there. There aren't going to be any game winning inspections or protections or vig kills or anything of the like.

I guess this is the time to ask some questions about the game. It's 13p - how many scum should we expect? And are survivors and sks possible in vote mafia?

For a game of thirteen players, the standard scum team would be three members large.

...but there was a 12p Vote Mafia where webadict only put in two scum. It made lylo very interesting, since it technically was not lylo.

MOD, scum count?

Jim Groovester: Are you afraid of me yet?  Why or why not?

No.

I fear no player.

What might satisfy you, is that I probably will have a hard time figuring out if you're scum or not.

No questions today. I've been looking at this game all day and have been too busy getting distracted by various other things. I'm tired and will think up good stuff tomorrow.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 04:13:41 am »

Penngo, Tolyk, DividebyZero: if you were scumbuddies with no special killing abilities, which one of you would you prefer execute the nightkill and why?
If I were scum... probably me, as I'm most useless and my death/being caught wouldn't really do much.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 04:17:57 am »

Toaster, which ability would you prefer as scum?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 06:02:50 am »

Caz: if you were a vanilla voter (no powers), would you be disappointed or relieved?

Well, I'd like having a power just for the cool factor, but since I probably wouldn't know how to use it to properly benefit town, I'd be happy that some other (hopefully more experienced) player got the gig.

Caz: Do you prefer day roles or night roles?

Night roles are generally more useful, but day roles can clear you easily. I'd pick night.

Bookthras - If you were scum, when would a massclaim appeal to you? Would you claim a fake role?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2012, 07:55:51 am »

Dariush: What voting powers do you consider the most useful as town?  As scum?  Why?
I haven't read the previous VMs, but I'd say anything that grants extra votes to scum and votesteals for town, though I really doubt specific roles are going to have a significant impact on the gameplay.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Vote Report
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2012, 09:09:28 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Dariush - Urist_McArathos,
Toaster - TolyK,
Jim Groovester -
NativeForeigner - Toaster,
Urist_McArathos - Leafsnail,
TolyK -
Bookthras -
_DivideByZero_ -
penngo009 -
Caz -
Shakerag -
Pranz - Dariush,
Leafsnail -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Jim Groovester, NativeForeigner, Bookthras, _DivideByZero_, penngo009, Caz
Shakerag, Pranz,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

[/quote]

MOD, scum count?
>0.

Oh, alright. >1.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2012, 09:12:34 am »

TolyK:
Toaster, which ability would you prefer as scum?

Probably something to screw with the voting process so as to cause an unexpected result.  Triple voter would give me a lot of power.

Divide:  Have you played elsewhere?

Jim:  Noted.

Urist McA:  Why didn't you care when I asked Native the same class of question that Leaf asked you?

Native:  Are you disappointed?  Nothing else to add?

Book:  Given that you've had a triple voter role before, what impact do you think one would have on the game?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2012, 09:33:40 am »

Native:  Are you disappointed?  Nothing else to add?

A little, I suppose. I usually find playing scum more interesting than playing town in role-light games. Can't think of very many things worth asking right now.

Tolyk/Divide: You both said that you would be the one to perform the kill because of your lack of experience. Is that really the only reason? Knowing that the other said the same thing and you're both on the same hypothetical team, how would you two decide who actually does it?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12