Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 8 (12/13) - Night 1: Trouble  (Read 33636 times)

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 8 (13/13) - Day 1: Start
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2012, 05:46:57 pm »

I think I missed this?
TolyK: As scum, what (potentially realistic) vote power would you not want town to have?
If I were scum... inspects. Or maybe roleblocking.

Those aren't vote powers...?  ???

Well, there could be a vote power that disables the voted persons power.
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2012, 07:02:32 pm »

Nice, real slick.  Obligatory "I'm not scum, I don't have buddies to brief me" reply.

What did you hope to accomplish from this, really?
A reason for posting late.

I work a lot; the game started at like 5 am for me, and I had a double shift.  I'm fairly certain there were others who had yet to post yet.

So sortof sit there, responding to things when directly prodded, throwing out questions here and there to give an illusion of activity?  Also, why unvote when you could be using your vote to do... well, anything?

It's RVS; I responded to my questions, started questioning others.  That's not an illusion of activity, that IS RVS activity.

My vote wasn't doing anything as it was; again, RVS.

Stuff about double voters not being as big a deal as I thought.

Okay, makes sense.  The risk of a double lynch is particularly nasty, so I'll claim: I am a Hated Double Voter.

Dariush: Why don't you think specific roles will have a significant impact?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2012, 10:19:09 pm »

I work a lot; the game started at like 5 am for me, and I had a double shift.  I'm fairly certain there were others who had yet to post yet.
Fair enough.

It's RVS; I responded to my questions, started questioning others.  That's not an illusion of activity, that IS RVS activity.

My vote wasn't doing anything as it was; again, RVS.
RVS activity is keeping an eye on the game so you can say something about someone else to set the ball rolling.  Otherwise we'd just be throwing questions back and forth all game.  I mean... can't you see that everyone following "Question others, respond to questions" would never allow the game to go anywhere?  Especially if you don't vote anyone.

Vote power? No idea how many there are, not to mention I couldn't think of any cool ones immediately, there would seem to be sooo many cool roles that could exist. Though I'm sure webadict thought of some pretty cool ones.
This... seems like a contradiction?  Are you unable to provide a role you'd like because you can't think of any or because you're overwhelmed by the huge number you can think of?  Neither of these seem to make much sense considering that the old VMs have a bunch of votes, I mentioned a few roles earlier in the thread etc.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2012, 05:29:42 am »

Dariush, if you could grant a vote to a player, whom would you grant it to?
To whoever I'd think town at the time.
Dariush: Why don't you think specific roles will have a significant impact?
Because I'm pretty sure there won't be any 'cops' along the lines of 'You can only vote people of a certain aligment', the same going for the rest of power roles. Thus, every day people will have to scumhunt regardless of roles present.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2012, 07:24:29 am »

Urist McA:  Are you fullclaiming?  If so, what does the Hated aspect do?

Dariush:  We can find those who are lying about their vote, however.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2012, 07:38:50 am »

Uh. How?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2012, 07:47:30 am »

At least we can get suspects.
I mean, if there's an equal amount of people voting for "a" and "b" and a gets lynched, if we account for everything then we know someone's lying from a's voters.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2012, 09:43:31 am »

I mean, if there's an equal amount of people voting for "a" and "b" and a gets lynched, if we account for everything then we know someone's lying from a's voters.
Or from B's voters. Or either A or B about their abilities. Or someone else whatsoever who fucked with someone's abilities.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2012, 12:30:18 pm »

Jim:
Whether I would fakeclaim as scum would depend heavily on circumstances, what my actual role was, and whether I thought it would be a) necessary and b) possible to get away with.
Would your answer be different if there were no alignment restrictions for any roles?
Are there? I didn't see that in my read of VM7. But no, my answer of "it'd depend on circumstances" would hold. If there were alignment restrictions, and if I was aware of them, I'd take it into account as part of the "if I thought it possible to get away with" clause.

Penngo:
Since you did badly with that question, I'll ask you another: if you were scum, which vote power would you like to have & why? And who would you choose as target for a nightkill on N1?
Vote power? No idea how many there are, not to mention I couldn't think of any cool ones immediately, there would seem to be sooo many cool roles that could exist. Though I'm sure webadict thought of some pretty cool ones.
Again unhelpful and noncommittal. You failed to answer the question again: speculate, not give excuses for why you fail. And you completely ignored the second question. That's three failures in three questions.

Pranz: you failed to answer my question.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2012, 03:29:59 pm »

Urist McA:  Are you fullclaiming?  If so, what does the Hated aspect do?

Quite response while busy; yes, that's a full claim.  Hated means I start the day with one vote already on me; so I presume it takes one less vote to lynch me, and if I'm behind someone else by one vote (or even worse, behind a tied vote by one), I would be tied with them.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2012, 03:30:26 pm »

EBWODP: Quick, not quite response.
On the Nature of Dwarves

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2012, 03:53:55 pm »

Penngo:
Since you did badly with that question, I'll ask you another: if you were scum, which vote power would you like to have & why? And who would you choose as target for a nightkill on N1?
Again unhelpful and noncommittal. You failed to answer the question again: speculate, not give excuses for why you fail. And you completely ignored the second question. That's three failures in three questions.
I wouldn't know who I would want to nightkill until night actually came. I really thought that would be obvious.
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2012, 06:20:45 pm »

Pranz: you failed to answer my question.

Something that strengthens relative to the votes on me. Like auto-selfvote, me being able to redirect their votes on my target.
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2012, 12:37:04 am »

Penngo: Why are you avoiding committing to anything? Is it really that hard for you to speculate?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2012, 03:30:33 am »

Dariush, if you could grant a vote to a player, whom would you grant it to?
To whoever I'd think town at the time.

That's such a copout answer.

Come on. Gimme the good stuff. A name.

Uh. How?

Vote counts at the end of the day have been 100% accurate in previous VMs. I.E., we can see how many votes each player has and who cast them.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12