Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3885922 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #3090 on: May 25, 2012, 02:38:36 pm »

((O_o

So our speech was all for nothing?))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: May 25, 2012, 02:41:14 pm »

((O_o

(No, the discussion goes exactly as it went, except we're in free fall.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: May 25, 2012, 02:44:51 pm »

((So we end in an ultimatum, then Jim burns a hole through the floor and we end up falling without prior examination, even a simple quick take, of what lies beneath?

It could be darkness, or a well lit shaft.

So, GM, what did we manage to see before falling. As in pre-motion and post-hole.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3093 on: May 25, 2012, 03:33:17 pm »

((O_o

Jim's action came first and he sent you all down a hole. All that other stuff you guys did was all assuming that his action wouldn't send you down a hole. You assumed incorrectly.  As per what you see, you see a lot of dark and vague shapes of walls, pipes and conduits rushing by very quickly.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: May 25, 2012, 03:41:35 pm »

(...Can't believe I forgot to strike through that. :-\)

Jim reached out for the maintenance ladder, hoping to stop his fall by catching it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: May 25, 2012, 03:45:02 pm »

((It'll be sad if other players die because of that. But no one complained at the time so it is all ok.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: May 25, 2012, 03:46:54 pm »

((. . .

Great.

So we just spoke in dismissed failure.

And...we were at the middle of the elevator, so this is probably going to hurt/maim/kill us all.

I hate you, gravity.

Wait. It's a vacuum!))

((It'll be sad if other players die because of that. But no one complained at the time so it is all ok.))
((I blame you for all this.))

((Pre-action: GM: Gravitational Speed?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3097 on: May 25, 2012, 04:13:31 pm »

((. . .

Great.

So we just spoke in dismissed failure.

And...we were at the middle of the elevator, so this is probably going to hurt/maim/kill us all.

I hate you, gravity.

Wait. It's a vacuum!))

((I blame you for all this.))

((Pre-action: GM: Gravitational Speed?))
I'm not sure the phrase "Gravitational speed" makes sense, but if you're wondering how strong the gravity is and how fast you're falling, it's less then 1 g.  More like .3 g.  So you're better off then in earth gravity. You're still not in a good situation though.

Jim reached out for the maintenance ladder, hoping to stop his fall by catching it.
We can retcon it if you want to, but remember in the future that I go from the top down and do any action that doesn't expressly contradict with any other action that character does later. You burning a hole didn't make it impossible to strangle mesk (assuming you did it right) so It happened.

[Dex:3+1] You reach out with one hand and grab at the maintenance ladder, your metallic hand skipping and bouncing against the rungs until you finally get a good hold on one and clench down, locking your joints. Your right elbow joint wrenches and breaks but you maintain your grip.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: May 25, 2012, 04:17:45 pm »

Jim reached out with his remaining hand and attempted to grab someone else as they fell past him.

(Leaving it up to chance for who I get, if anyone. Unless anyone else wants me to retcon. I'm for it myself, though.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 04:19:57 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: May 25, 2012, 04:19:12 pm »

(Leaving it up to chance for who I get, if anyone.)
((How about Feyri?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: May 25, 2012, 04:19:18 pm »

Flap arms ineffectually.  Attempt to grab something to slow my fall.  Scream incoherently at Jim.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: May 25, 2012, 04:20:39 pm »

Feyri stifled a scream as the hole widened. Soon, she couldn't feel the floor that she would've gladly struck with her sabre - if the situation did complicate further.

She tried to kick off from the adjoining wall in aiming herself to 'fall' towards the shaft wall. A maintenance ladder or a hanging cable would suffice as a target.

She hoped everyone would make it from this spurt of intelligence that Jim thought to make.

"Mesk, grab onto the walls! Or grab onto anyone for that matter!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: May 25, 2012, 04:22:00 pm »

(Yo, uh, PW will let that be retconned. I suggest you guys vote yes with me. ^^^;)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: May 25, 2012, 04:27:54 pm »

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiii--"
Charro's eyes bugged out of his head as everything suddenly plunged downwards, his rifle dropping from his fingers as he grabbed for any handholds, anything to save him from falling horribly to his death. His panicked mind raced and he saw Jim, the main danger to everyone, the cause of all this, managing to stop his own fall...

>Grab onto Jim's foot to save myself! Then try and grab Mesk by the arm/collar, trying to save him, as well.

((Retcon? *shrug* Up to you guys.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3104 on: May 25, 2012, 05:36:28 pm »

So for retconning we have 1 yes and one meh.  We'll wait for consensus on what to do before I roll anything else.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 1256