Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943831 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9555 on: November 23, 2012, 07:58:41 pm »

Team D Leader Faith, Temporary Storage

"Uh, I couldn't use a mining laser to save my life, so no competition here.

I would prefer that whoever carries them around be someone with a proven record of levelheadedness and restraint, however. I'm... actually not sure if we've got anyone like that, but the closer the better."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9556 on: November 23, 2012, 08:03:29 pm »

Faith, where is it? I'm decently competent with such things, but my actual laser rifle that I bought is broken beyond field repair, so I could use it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: November 23, 2012, 08:30:15 pm »

Lars chimed in.  "I don't claim to be an expert, but, by the grace of Ingram, I could use it.  Praise be."

Stick with Milno.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: November 23, 2012, 09:09:23 pm »

"Bishop had one, the other we're working on prying loose.

Bear in mind that it's pretty heavy. Bishop looked like he was having trouble with it even in his MKIII."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: November 23, 2012, 09:13:54 pm »

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Temporary Storage

"What's a British?"
((Fuuutuuurreee!))

"You shouldn't ask about the British, ma'am. You would regret it if you found out what they are. I know I did."
"I've regretted too much by not asking. Could you tell me what the British are? Anyway, Flint, you take the laser - anyone else with lesser gear can carry that easily, I suppose. I'll be checking that ship with you. Team, anyone, do we conclude that the Mining Laser killed these people near the ship, judging by them being cloven apart?"

Proceed to that derelict ship earlier, scavenge for any suitable portable power sources or any surveillance gear - preferably that which could work autonomously like the Scout Eye.

"And Thanks for the compliment by the way, Faith."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: November 23, 2012, 09:19:04 pm »

"Bishop already got the laser in the ship, though he left the suit behind.

As for the laser being what killed everyone, we assume so, or at least the ones sporting major laser wounds. Still not sure what caused the explosion, and there may have been other trauma on some of them.

Also, er, what compliment?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: November 23, 2012, 09:25:55 pm »

Feyri replays Faith's words through the comms, intensifying her point in a private channel.

"Bishop already got the laser in the ship, though he left the suit behind.

As for the laser being what killed everyone, we assume so, or at least the ones sporting major laser wounds. Still not sure what caused the explosion, and there may have been other trauma on some of them.

Also, er, what compliment?"
I would prefer that whoever carries them around be someone with a proven record of levelheadedness and restraint, however. I'm... actually not sure if we've got anyone like that, but the closer the better."

" :-\"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: November 23, 2012, 09:48:14 pm »

((@GM: Since Miyamoto had to open the door and I had a clear view of the man and a dash system, wouldn't I get there faster? I could have sweet mining laser now.))

[Team B Leader=Milno=By LRC's door]

Milno shrugs, turns back and pokes Bruce.
"Bruce. Two options, either you promise only to shoot that gun whenever you are ordered instead of whenever you feel like it or you surrender it now. Pick one."

Follow the teams if they move out.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 09:56:47 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: November 23, 2012, 10:16:37 pm »

"Go ahead and give the laser to someone else, I neither need it nor want it. Just make sure that whoever ends up with it won't go on a rampage with it."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: November 23, 2012, 10:20:36 pm »

[Team B Albino = May = With Thomas]

Hide behind Thomas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: November 23, 2012, 10:41:38 pm »

Bishop sighed in relief as he saw the dead body being shaken around. At least the man inside the suit wasn't alive...

"These ones are already ready to be used by hand, they've been rigged up by the people living here for use as weapons by the look of it. Just don't break it, the cable or the power pack attached to it, and if it's got any juice left in it then it should work. It's just like an oversized, really heavy, laser rifle that can slice through pretty much anything."

Push onwards!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: November 24, 2012, 12:25:19 am »

(I might be too busy to check in on the thread tomorrow and Sunday, so if it's necessary for Jim to do anything I'll trust Caellath, IronyOwl, Remalle, or Tiruin to run actions for him. Also, standard actions otherwise would be to just rest and open doors if needed.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:59:31 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: November 24, 2012, 12:26:14 am »

(I might be too busy to check in on the thread tomorrow and Sunday, so if it's necessary for Feyri to do anything I'll trust Caellath, IronyOwl, Remalle, or Zako to run actions for her.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9568 on: November 24, 2012, 12:54:02 am »

[Team B Sniper: Thomas Harrison; Comms room]
Look into the room, keep rifle ready

Contents of LRC room:
Smashed computers, monitors and other communications equipment: Many
Miyamoto's swinging around men in exoskeleton suits : 1
Silliness: Loads.

Name:Flint - Team C - Loading and Unloading, spaceship

Flint retched and recoiled at the sight of the decomposing body, this ancestral reflex controlling him momentarily. He was glad he had his suit on, otherwise he would have been exposed to the foul smell of rotting flesh and worse, maybe even the disease itself.

"Hey guys I uhh... accidentally entered the destroyed spaceship. Yeah, it's not like I came here to loot it or anything. So, anyway, the guy who was in that exosuit, the one who from the looks of it was responsible for much of the carnage in the rooms my team explored, seems to have been bleeding from the mouth and nose. So unless he banged his head real hard on his helmet or got some sort of weird radiation poisoning I'd say we have our first confirmed plague victim."

@Command:"Command, your men might want to be careful if they explore this ship. We've got a dead plague victim in here."

Explore the ship a bit. Are there any other dead bodies in here? Try to enter the suit and activate it.

"Team make sure not to touch the body unprotected. Something tells me the disease has taken that one too."
You look round the ship a bit. The other side rooms are either empty or stacked with extra cargo; more food and water. The cockpit is another story: It's badly smashed and chopped up with a laser. Sitting, or perhaps laying, in the middle of the mess is another man in a exoskeleton, holding something that looks like a spear. He's sort of propped against the wall but mostly looks dead. Hmm.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Outside Long Range Comms.

"Well, that fellow seems to be entirely dead, if I may state the blatantly obvious."

Why couldn't there be any alive people around? Stacy always hated dead people. They're so useless!

Get inside and investigate the room. Do a careful inventory of anything within, make sure to examine any blinking lights.

"What's a British?"
((Fuuutuuurreee!))

"You shouldn't ask about the British, ma'am. You would regret it if you found out what they are. I know I did."
(try to limit how much you say "Everything" or "Anything", especially when it involves rooms like the storage room. Because that's kind of like wandering into a library and saying "Read the summaries of every book." It's a bit impractical. )

You look around the room as Miyamoto dances with the man in the suit, ducking as the guy goes flying overhead.

Looks like there's a lot of communication equipment in here and not much else. And all the com equipment is smashed to hell.

(Ah, OK. That makes sense. Thanks, and sorry for nagging about it. ^^^; )

[Team A Leader, Jim - Long Range Communications]

Jim walked into the room, since by now it was obvious the man wasn't hostile, and gave it a cursory examination for any other bodies before heading back to the elevator to wait.

You walk in, ducking under a Miyamoto's flailing and look around. Nope, no one else dead around here, least not yet. Of course, if Miyamoto keeps swinging that guy around that might change soon.

You walk back to the elevator and sit around, resting.

Unlock the dead man's suit, take his arm out of the exoskeleton. Carefully free the minng laser from his hold and claim it.

'Okay, if anyone wants to use this laser, feel free, but only if I get it back when the mission ends.'
You stop swinging the man around and set him down to try and get his suit open.
[aux:1+1]
You can't figure out how to get the suit open, despite all your giant robo hand fumbling.

Team D Leader Faith, Temporary Storage

"Figured as much...

Uh, Miyamoto? Maybe if you put him down we could get the mining laser out?"

If Miyamoto stops playing with the dead man like a doll, open and examine the suit. Try to get the corpse out and the mining laser free while I'm at it.
[aux:3+1]
You walk over to Miyamoto as he fumbles with the suit and give him a hand. Together you manage to get the suit open and yank the corpse out before opening the exoskeleton's hand and dropping the laser.

(( Sorry for the inactivity, I've had and still have plenty of stuff to do currently in RL. ))

Stay with Faith, providing assistance as necessary to whatever her actions are. Auto him on that until I can post regularly again. IronyOwl can chuck a Sambo action in if it's something complicated.

((Sambo has a laser rifle and a kinetic amp, as well as some useless odds and ends. Non-lethal ones anyway. I agree, he probably shouldn't have them. ))
Well, Faith seems to be doing quite well on her own. Guess you don't need to help her. Then again, the only real way you could help her is by murdering pinkos.

You have a very specialized skill set.

Team A rookie: Bruce
"Dead, move on."
CONTINUE ONWARDS!
You walk into the Main Elevator and sit down with Jim.

"Plague ridden colonies. Am I right?"

Lars chimed in.  "I don't claim to be an expert, but, by the grace of Ingram, I could use it.  Praise be."

Stick with Milno.
You fall in beside St. Milno.

"What's a British?"
((Fuuutuuurreee!))

"I've regretted too much by not asking. Could you tell me what the British are? Anyway, Flint, you take the laser - anyone else with lesser gear can carry that easily, I suppose. I'll be checking that ship with you. Team, anyone, do we conclude that the Mining Laser killed these people near the ship, judging by them being cloven apart?"

Proceed to that derelict ship earlier, scavenge for any suitable portable power sources or any surveillance gear - preferably that which could work autonomously like the Scout Eye.

"And Thanks for the compliment by the way, Faith."

Getting into the ship would require a running leap from the catwalks to the doorway. Wanna do that?

((@GM: Since Miyamoto had to open the door and I had a clear view of the man and a dash system, wouldn't I get there faster? I could have sweet mining laser now.))

[Team B Leader=Milno=By LRC's door]

Milno shrugs, turns back and pokes Bruce.
"Bruce. Two options, either you promise only to shoot that gun whenever you are ordered instead of whenever you feel like it or you surrender it now. Pick one."

Follow the teams if they move out.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
(@milno because I handle posts down the list. Also, you can't really even use it because it requires that battery pack and you can't wear it, however, since you asked)

You zip into the room in a burst of flame and exhaust and snatch the laser rifle and battery pack off the floor. Whew, they are heavy.

[Team B Albino = May = With Thomas]

Hide behind Thomas.

You hide behind Thomas.

Bishop sighed in relief as he saw the dead body being shaken around. At least the man inside the suit wasn't alive...

"These ones are already ready to be used by hand, they've been rigged up by the people living here for use as weapons by the look of it. Just don't break it, the cable or the power pack attached to it, and if it's got any juice left in it then it should work. It's just like an oversized, really heavy, laser rifle that can slice through pretty much anything."

Push onwards!
You don't really see much to do in this room, everything is pretty much smashed beyond all use, so you just join Jim and Bruce in the Elevator room.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: November 24, 2012, 01:08:34 am »

"Can anyone verify or not verify my hypothesis? The enemies we may be facing are either ones of erratic nature, or aliens. Nobody would activate a radiation procedure willingly -...or perhaps mutants."

Follow Bishop.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 08:01:02 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 1256