Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944510 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9645 on: November 24, 2012, 11:22:21 pm »

"Well, we have bigger problems instead. Like making that into an improvised explosive when we leave this place, or perhaps for something better than welded doors. Say, in the deeper levels.

"I'm just saying, seems to be a waste on these doors and all."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9646 on: November 24, 2012, 11:43:56 pm »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Door to Water Production.

"Greater good, eh? Probably something interesting in there, then."

To Miyamoto: "Hey, do you want to punch through this door or should I melt it? I figure there's got to be something behind it. Why else would they seal it?"

Ask Miyamoto. If he wants me to melt the door, shoo people from door and melt a hole in the door that's large enough for all of the normal sized teammates to easily fit through. If not, stand back from the door.
You rock back and forth on your heels, waiting for an answer.

[Team A Leader - Jim]

"Lamps on."
Turn suit lamp on, cautiously lead team on down the hall to the entertainment district.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Right you are, other person."
Lamp on, follow Jim.
Lights on, and head down the hall.
[Team B Leader=Milno]

Lights on, advance down the hall with Jim.

"Keep on trucking, lights on."

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"I obey your command, Saint Milno."

[Team B Sniper:Thomas:With Milno]
Lights on, follow Milno. As per the usual, take May with.
Lamps on, follow Milno.  Observe surroundings.
A and B teams flip on their lamps and advance slowly down the hall into the darkness. They get a few dozen feet down before they start seeing light again: Christmas lights specifically, strings of multicolor lights running along the ground or attached to the ceiling, casting the hall in strange, multi-colored  pastel light. The group continues down the hall for a while longer before coming out on what looks like a street, shop fronts built into exposed stone; Movie theaters, electronics, brothels, food, all kinds of things. The street is mostly dark, intermittently lit by scattered, dull neon signs and more strings of lights draped across the ceiling or between buildings.  The team takes the sight in for a few seconds before something very fast pings off the ground near their feet.

"What do you want?!" a voice comes, screaming from somewhere down the street.

Name: Flint / Bloody Miner - Team C - Water production, outer door

"I don't think there will be anyone alive in there but we might as well go ahead. An order's an order and all that. I've got this chisel here and this suit that can help."

If the team asks, use the chisel and arms to open the door. Else examine the exosuit for light lamps.

"Good to see someone remained sane here. Locking people out of water production means that the (probably) automated systems in continued to work. Also means that someone who wants to spread the disease can't use the water to do so."
The Exoskeleton doesn't have lights, but your suit does, so that will work. You tap the Auto-chisel's bottom on the ground and wait for action. Having these new toys makes you eager to play with them.

I find it mildly funny that Everyone is talking about doing things when I don't see that anyone actually posted an action about pressing the button to go down
((This occurred to me, but yeah, I figured it was just sort of implied.))

Team D Leader Faith, Entrance to Oxygen Production

Faith facepalmed, being a bit more careful than she would be out of her exoskeleton.

"God damn it, just what we needed. Well, how we getting this open? I guess I have a cutting torch if we don't have anything better. Not to be confused with bigger, since I'm guessing those mining lasers will nail whatever's on the other side also."

Try digging fingers into welded seam, see if the suit's strong enough to get a grip.
You try to pry the door open, but you can't get any purchase; you can't get your fingers into the seam and can't push them in enough to make a hand hold.

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Main Elevator

Broadcasting
"Either someone welded this shut from the inside and had their companions paint that for good measure, or whoever did this finished it off from the outside - trapping whatever was dangerous back inside. Now we can narrow down the list of suspects to beings of humanoid nature, judging by how this was sealed.

"That said, this thing if probably metallic seeing as it's welded shut. If only we brought explosives to open this thing."

Examine how the welding was done as well as the composition of the door

You're no expert in welding, but you can tell it wasn't done using a normal torch, it's much too thick. As per the Composition of the door, you're not really sure. It's kind of hard to tell what kind of metal it is just by looking.

Bishop sighed and shook his head at Faith's prying attempts.

"Oh just cut the damn thing open already. I'll help you."

Wait until Faith is done trying to pull the welded doors apart, then use my cutting torch to slice along the weld and open the door.
You step in after faith gives it her best try and give it your own.
[aux:3+1]
It takes a good two minutes of straight cutting to get through most of the door, and even after you've cloven a glowing gash down the center of the door there's still a bit left holding it together.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9647 on: November 24, 2012, 11:54:04 pm »

((So, I assume Kyle put his lamps on and followed the group? If not, my action is just to catch up with Milno + co.))

I should probably handle this before someone starts shooting at them...

Stepping forwards, Kyle called out, "Please, remain calm. We're here under the supervision of the UWM to evacuate this place. Is there anyone else here with you?"

Pray that diplomacy works better here than it did in Kyle's last mission. Also, look about to see if I can find wherever that person is speaking from.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:55:42 pm by Nicholas1024 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9648 on: November 24, 2012, 11:55:39 pm »

"Ok...redact that, this welding is not done by a normal torch. It's too...thick.

"Can someone please try opening this door? Any civilians who can hear me, we come unharmed!"
Feyri said, the last sentence as a general broadcast to any receiving signals in range.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9649 on: November 24, 2012, 11:57:17 pm »

Lars called out to the darkness.  "We represent the UWM, and we are here to evacuate you to safety.  Please put down your weapons and come out slowly."

Above.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9650 on: November 25, 2012, 12:05:01 am »

To the voice: We've been sent to clear any remaining civilian personnel from this installation so that the UWM Peacekeepers can come in and find out what happened to the colony unmolested, and the personnel can receive treatment if needed. You will not be harmed by us unless you are belligerent, you have my word.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:16:00 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9651 on: November 25, 2012, 12:32:01 am »

Realizing the confusion that this was likely to cause, Kyle turned to the rest of A/B teams, noting

"Alright, perhaps instead of talking over each other, we should have just one person play diplomat. Milno, Jim, you two are the leaders here, who do you want to take that role?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9652 on: November 25, 2012, 12:57:32 am »

Team D Leader Faith, Entrance to Oxygen Production

"Wow, yeah. Doable but damned thick. Might need some explosives after all. Or a healthy dose of Jim.

Options? You wanna just call Jim over or finish it off with the torch or see if I can pry the rest open?"

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9653 on: November 25, 2012, 01:42:32 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Check what was that pinged off near the team's feet.

Milno stares at Kyle for a the grand total of two seconds before getting his attention elsewhere and answering.
"I say whoever from you, Simus and Lars speaks to the person, gets the right to exercise diplomacy in that case. If one of you has already initiated contact, let it be unless there is the risk of stupid shit happening due to the other teammember's actions."

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9654 on: November 25, 2012, 02:08:04 am »

((Grenaaaaade!))

"Yes, Miss Nirel, we can indeed narrow the list of 'suspects' down to beings of a humanoid nature." Jobasio would have massaged his temples with exasperation were it not for the helmet on his head and the deadly contaminants in the air. Instead he settled for resting the forhead area of his faceplate in a palm for a moment before moving to one side and readying his gauss rifle.
'Good heavens, these people...'

>Roll eyes at Feyri, move to ready position to cover the door as the others open it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9655 on: November 25, 2012, 02:32:49 am »

[Team Leader A, Jim - Entertainment District]

"Let Simus do it," Jim said. He wasn't a diplomat, anyway; he wasn't created for it. Instead, he took a look around the area for routes in which they might be ambushed - or could escape down in case of ambush.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: November 25, 2012, 02:43:25 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Door to Water Production.

"Ah, screw it. Let's do this."

Deposit Pancaek at a safe distance and melt a small hole (two inches in diameter) through the door with the MFM. Should anyone try to stop me, stand aside for a bit. If they fail to open the door, move them to a safe distance and melt hole. See if unreasonable amounts of water spill out.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:44:57 am by Harry Baldman »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: November 25, 2012, 04:08:50 am »

Team D - Lukas - entrance to oxygen

"We could always try brute force."

Try to open door with brute force. Make sure everyone is out of the way first.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9658 on: November 25, 2012, 04:25:08 am »

((I love you IronyOwl, and your acknowledgements :D))

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Door to Water Production

Oh huh. Everyone now thinks I'm an idiot.

Thank you Jack, for you kind sentiments...

I hope you're safe, Jim. Milno, Faith- and... the rest.

Get my shield back as it seems Miyamoto said so.

Set up covering fire if any hostiles are detected from behind my shield, guarding Stacy's work.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:28:33 am by Tiruin »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9659 on: November 25, 2012, 06:01:26 am »

Name:Flint/Bloody Miner - Team C - Water production, outer door

((I just realized we're exploring an abandoned dwarf fortress...))

Try to open the door (with the chisel and then hands) before Stacy uses the MFM. Try to stop them if necessary. If all else fails, take cover.

"Hey, I'd SUGGEST you don't use reality bending machines unless absolutely necessary." Flint said to Stacy, trying to sound as menacing as he could. "Besides, you've played with your calculator before. Let me play with my chisel!"

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:50:01 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1256