Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3875243 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Ivan: "F***ING HELP"
« Reply #1515 on: April 24, 2012, 12:03:42 pm »

((Sounds like you guys are gonna need some rescuing soon. Sounds like my brand new EMP 'nades are gonna come in handy... Hopefully I can get my monofilament launcher working and make one with some ammo as well to slice some bitches up.

Also, Steve is in control of the ship. Unless you can bypass his programs and isolate him at the very least, then it's a no go.))

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 24, 2012, 12:08:20 pm »

Mason sighs, and decides to scavenge the bodies for salvageable equipment or weapons.

"If I'm doing this alone, I'm taking as many weapons as I can possibly carry. I might die, but I'm dying in a rain of HELLFIRE..."
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 24, 2012, 12:17:34 pm »

((Sounds like you guys are gonna need some rescuing soon. Sounds like my brand new EMP 'nades are gonna come in handy... Hopefully I can get my monofilament launcher working and make one with some ammo as well to slice some bitches up.))
((You are thinking too highly of yourself. Remember Erik, the enemy who moves like a ninja and hits like a semi-truck and so far has showed roll bonuses similar to that of an Avatar of War. You also have to spend tokens in which you have just created. I bet it won't be so cheap.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1518 on: April 24, 2012, 01:22:27 pm »

Mason examines the bodies, all the while speaking to Faith.

"This day just gets stranger and stranger."

Mason sighs, and decides to scavenge the bodies for salvageable equipment or weapons.

"If I'm doing this alone, I'm taking as many weapons as I can possibly carry. I might die, but I'm dying in a rain of HELLFIRE..."

You trot over to faith and take a look at the bodies with her. One looks to be one of the men you saved from the forest. The other has Adrian's name stamped on the chest. You liberate a Kinetic amplifier from one body and a laser rifle from Adrian.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 24, 2012, 01:49:15 pm »

Mason slings the rifle around his shoulder for easy use, pockets the kinetic amplifier for possible installation or scrapping back on the ship, and examines Faith silently, a cursory examination of Faith's visible weapons, armor, health, and general state.
"I figure we're the only two humans left alive in this dump. I'd make a joke about repopulating, but I'd much rather go murder some xenobio FILTH. Do you have a weapon? If not, you can take this rifle. Are you willing to follow my lead? I'm not looking to lose any more men to this thrice-damned dimensional wasteland."
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 24, 2012, 01:53:07 pm »

((No need to install the amplifier, I guess:
Quote from: OP
3   Kinetic Amplifier
   Description: It looks like a glove! It hits like a rocket propelled semi-truck! This thing amplifiesthe kinetic force from your blows by up to a square of the original force without increasing the reactive force felt by the user. May not seem like much, but when 3000 newtons becomes 9000000 newtons you'll gain a new respect for exponential growth. Warning: Do not scratch your nose.
It is a glove.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 24, 2012, 02:02:05 pm »

3   Kinetic Amplifier
   Description: It looks like a glove! It hits like a rocket propelled semi-truck! This thing amplifiesthe kinetic force from your blows by up to a square of the original force without increasing the reactive force felt by the user. May not seem like much, but when 3000 newtons becomes 9000000 newtons you'll gain a new respect for exponential growth. Warning: Do not scratch your nose.
It is a glove.))

((Damn it, all of these similar-sounding names are confusing me. Psychokinetic Amp, Kinetic Amplifier, etc... There are synonyms, you know <_<))

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 24, 2012, 02:03:42 pm »

Mason wears the Kinetic Amplifier on his left hand, just in case he needs to punch a statue or giant robot monstrocity to death. Yeah, like that'll happen.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1523 on: April 24, 2012, 02:13:13 pm »

3   Kinetic Amplifier
It is a glove.))

((Damn it, all of these similar-sounding names are confusing me. Psychokinetic Amp, Kinetic Amplifier, etc... There are synonyms, you know <_<))

Yeah, sorry about that. In general though, if it's installed in your brain it's a psych amp, if it's used by hand it's a field manipulator, and if it's neither of these then you'll just have to look on the Armory page.

Mason wears the Kinetic Amplifier on his left hand, just in case he needs to punch a statue or giant robot monstrocity to death. Yeah, like that'll happen.
You slip the strange looking thing onto your left hand and carefully flex it. You'll have to remember not to pat anyone on the back or scratch your ass.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 24, 2012, 03:43:01 pm »

Mason reaches to pick his nose and then wisely reconsiders the idea.

He waves at Faith, seeing if her pupils dilate, aka she's even consciously aware of his presence.

((On one hand, I want to proceed, but I don't want to do so alone and get WTFPWND))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 24, 2012, 03:57:19 pm »

((You feel friendly and suddenly decides to shake her hand with your left one. Right?))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1526 on: April 24, 2012, 04:59:43 pm »

I wonder where Irony has gone to. If Mason manages to bite it and she's still derping off somewhere we'll just send in the next team. Can't let idlers hold us up too long.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 24, 2012, 05:10:08 pm »

I wonder where Irony has gone to. If Mason manages to bite it and she's still derping off somewhere we'll just send in the next team. Can't let idlers hold us up too long.

But... But... Aww. God damn it.

*sigh*

Mason uses his right hand to pull Faith along, partially for companionship, partially for backup, as well as a meatshield. Proceed very cautiously toward the temple, keeping an eye out for anything strange or interesting. Doorways, statues, windows, anything mechanical looking, etc.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 24, 2012, 09:57:21 pm »

((You can issue a request for support.

They aren't statues. And they can follow what order that is, if it includes self-preservation in it.

Edit: Hoping the two veterans won't die, along with Ehndras' character. Just report them in requesting for support.))
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:23:12 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 24, 2012, 10:05:18 pm »

((Time for Faith to die with Mason so the next team can be sent in. Either that or they loiter around until Steve thinks they are all dead and sends the next group in, but by that time Ivan is probably pudding.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 1256