Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3882370 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #3075 on: May 25, 2012, 01:08:37 am »

"Probably something jamming the system. No need to worry dudes. We'll gett out of here soon, even if we need to cut through the floor or whatever man..."

Call up schematics on the elevator to help Mesk and see what could make us stop.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3076 on: May 25, 2012, 01:13:59 am »

Mesk shrugged at Jim.
"I won't feel the slightest twinge of guilt when - if - I get you shut down again, Jim.  In my medical opinion, which is backed up by a degree I got online, you're currently unfit for duty, and batshit insane to boot.  When the time comes that you slip enough to start killing us, I hope to be extremely far away.  For now, move out of the way, I got this."
Begin cutting our way out with the torch.
[Aux:6]You activate your torch and begin burning your way through the door. The torch burns a nice molten hole in the door but you manage to waste a lot of power in doing so. After a few moments of waiting for it to cool, you pull the circular section you cut into the elevator and peek out. There's a solid wall of metal beyond.

"Probably something jamming the system. No need to worry dudes. We'll gett out of here soon, even if we need to cut through the floor or whatever man..."

Call up schematics on the elevator to help Mesk and see what could make us stop.
You attempt to call up schematics of the elevator but find that none were included in the mission data. Maybe steve has them...

"I'll give you credit. At least you admit to being a backstabber." Jim stepped back into his corner to allow Mesk to use his torch - and so he could keep a better eye on him.
You step behind Mesk and watch him cut at the door, squeezing the handle of your clever and tapping your foot. That bastard wants you shut down or worse. And why? For trying to keep the team safe. Oh and would you look at that? There's nothing but metal back there. That motherfucker. THAT MOTHERFUCKER! [Dex:2] Before you even realize whats happening, your arm is outstretched and your clever is embedded in the doorframe just above Mesk's head.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: May 25, 2012, 01:16:48 am »

(Shit. Mesk got lucky with my poor Dex roll. O.o)

"This is getting us nowhere!" Jim snarled. "Let me show you how to do it properly." He focused on the middle of the floor, where no one was standing, and attempted to melt it away. Then he could just exit out through there, grab the ladder, and climb down a floor manually.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: May 25, 2012, 01:25:04 am »

You step behind Mesk and watch him cut at the door, squeezing the handle of your clever and tapping your foot. That bastard wants you shut down or worse. And why? For trying to keep the team safe. Oh and would you look at that? There's nothing but metal back there. That motherfucker. THAT MOTHERFUCKER! [Dex:2] Before you even realize whats happening, your arm is outstretched and your clever is embedded in the doorframe just above Mesk's head.

((Yes, this is going in the right direction. I think the GM as you pinned  :P))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: May 25, 2012, 01:45:02 am »

(I don't wanna die D: )

"Well, crap, guess we'll have to go through the floor then.  Guys, why is there a cleaver embedded above my head?
Oh shit!"
Switch off my torch, place it on the ground with my knife.  Hands in the air and speak soothingly.
"I would tell you not to do anything hasty, but you kind of already did.  Jim, I didn't tell you this before, but I found medical records, detailing the progression of the madness.  It goes from paranoia to unstoppable violence, see?  You're already a good deal of the way to unstoppable violence.  Now, we're going to shut you down, but it's for your own good, ok?  Once the mission's done we'll bring you back to the Sword to get your brain fixed.  Just stay calm for five minutes..."
Mesk shows Jim the medical reports and switches comm frequencies to directly to the ship.
"Mission control, we're going to need Jim shut off, again... and if he kills me, make sure to let them all know I was killed by three giant robots and an army of aliens, and that I almost won."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: May 25, 2012, 02:00:42 am »

The second Mesk mentioned shutting him off, Jim went for his throat with both hands. "You're not doing that again! Do you know what it's like to be trapped in total nothingness? Even worse, while there are hostiles all around you, going to kill you at any moment, and you can't even defend yourself? Waiting to die, unable to see, feel, smell, or hear anything? No. Not a second time. I'll kill all four of you before I let you do that to me again!"

(Sorry, Remalle. :X)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: May 25, 2012, 02:19:18 am »

Shock came through Feyri as she realized what Jim was trying to do.

"Hold everything!" she cried.

Hoping the rest would stop whatever they were doing..."Look, I know stress is high, and paranoia is running amok.

But believe me. The only time we get to lift our weapons against each other, is when morale goes down, and when you utterly believe that it must be done.

That means you, Mesk. Do not deactivate Jim. While I do laud your honesty, we need every team member alive to complete this information task.

We have no reinforcements. We cannot go back unless we find the culprit."

She held up the Handle of the Sabre, careful not to squeeze hard, and pointed at the two.

"Capicé?"

. . .

"Jim. Calm the fuck down.

Mesk. Calm the fuck down.

Bishop. Stop standing there and help me calm the fuck down.

Charro, I know this may be unsettling, but I believe in you. Help me here."

This would be the first time she'd ever swear. Ever.

"Now. I have this Sabre." she said, a fiery glint in her eyes. "This elevator is stuck.

It is made of metal.

Add two and two together; I do not want to see any insubordination, nor any rout in your hearts, men."

She knew her threat was hallow, but she had to do it. If it must be.

Calm the idiots men. Stop any sense of attacking other people.

"I won't do this if any of you don't. Let's finish this like real people, eh?

Get the fucking doors open, or search for an emergency latch. Jim, straighten up. That isn't the transhuman I wanted to save in the last mission I was with you.

And would you all stop bitching around?! We aren't even fighting any real enemies. Just each other!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:47:08 am by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: May 25, 2012, 02:32:35 am »

"She certainly has a good point. And I would rather not have a few hundred volts pumped through my nervous system, so if you can't calm down for her, do it for me." Charro spoke soothingly, trying to sound light-hearted as he helped defuse the situation. Nevertheless, he gestured with his rifle towards the two, grimacing a bit.
"Oh, and I should probably mention... I really have no idea what I'm doing with this thing, so please don't make me try and shoot it. It would end badly for all involved, I fear."
>Back Feyri up, although level laser rifle at the cyborg just in case.

((Could this be... A situation where my speech skills might actually come in handy?! :o Surely 'tis not possible! Now, time for us both to roll '1's, Tiruin. :P))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:38:17 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: May 25, 2012, 02:49:57 am »

Mesk said nothing, both because he was petrified with terror and because of the robot hands around his throat.  He flailed, but Jim's hands didn't move.  He desperately tried making eye contact with one of his sane teammates, trying to make them understand, to see that Jim was too dangerous to keep around.
He looked at Feyri.  She glared back, trying to make him calm down.  Couldn't she see that Jim was trying to kill him?  No help there.
He glanced at Bishop.  Probably too high to even understand what was going on.  No help there.
He met Charro's eyes.  He looked just as scared as Mesk felt, which was something.  The gun in his hands was pointed at Jim, though, and the slightest deviation, the smallest miscalculation would end up with Mesk fried.  No help there.
He gritted his teeth, flailing, desperately struggling to get Jim's hands off his throat.  He had to live, dammit!  That was all that mattered!  Jim could be of no help to them anymore!  He would kill all of them, just like Mesk had warned.  Couldn't they see?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: May 25, 2012, 02:54:26 am »

((Um, GM needs to do that action.  :-\))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: May 25, 2012, 02:58:25 am »

(True. I haven't actually grabbed you yet. Kinda hoping for a bad dex roll, but who knows...)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: May 25, 2012, 03:05:01 am »

(I didn't even notice that was an action, I just went along with it as roleplaying.  This is what I get for posting when I should be sleeping.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: May 25, 2012, 03:08:43 am »

(Nah, no problem. Don't worry about it... unless you want to hope I blow my dex roll, too. ^^^)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: May 25, 2012, 04:24:31 am »

Bishop was calmly standing there, watching the whole conversation. He knew what must be done.

He promptly walked over to Jim and laid a han on his shoulder, completely at ease.

"Everybody... Chill.

Jim, noone is shutting you down. Mesk, keep cool dude. Feyri is right bros. There is no use in panicking and attacking each other, or trying to disable one another. We are stuck here until we get this shit sorted man.

Jim, you need to realize that we need you as much as you need us. We would not try anything to you unless absolutely required. Now, we are stuck between floors, and we should be able to get out somehow, so everyone stay calm. I'm gonna talk to our computer bro for schematics and we'll get out fine.

So chill out maaan... Everything is peachy, ok?"

Get Steve to send me the schematics to the elevator. While waiting, look for the regulation escape hatch and check how far we went.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3089 on: May 25, 2012, 02:37:28 pm »

(Shit. Mesk got lucky with my poor Dex roll. O.o)

"This is getting us nowhere!" Jim snarled. "Let me show you how to do it properly." He focused on the middle of the floor, where no one was standing, and attempted to melt it away. Then he could just exit out through there, grab the ladder, and climb down a floor manually.
[exotic:4+1+1] You concentrate on melting a small hole in the floor of the elevator. You feel the amp reach out into your brain and begin overriding tissue, a burning itch across your scalp and in your skull. Your eyes dart over to mesk and your chest fills with a burning hate. The amp reacts suddenly and extends further. The ground beneath you blooms yellow and white hot in an instant, the whole floor of the elevator becoming molten in an instant. And then you and everyone else is in free fall.

(You all have one turn to do something as you fall. The fall is a lot longer then a standard story by the way, like 100 feet or so. )
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1256