Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943518 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9585 on: November 24, 2012, 04:59:38 am »

Team D Leader Faith, Elevator in a Pimpin' Exoskeleton

Faith giggled.

"Oh man, I am totally keeping this thing."

Go see if I can salvage anything from the smashed equipment in the LRC room that might be handy for building or upgrading things back on ship.

Then:

Go get anyone who is lagging behind and drag them onto the elevator. NEXT LEVEL TIME!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: November 24, 2012, 05:11:21 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Main Elevator.

"You're wrong, the British were an empire back before the UWM that controlled just a fraction of some insignificant planet.  Led by their wizard king Harry, they fought other empires called the French over control of the Holy Grail, the Spanish over some sort of religious Inquisition and robotic alien enemies from space called Daleks.  Their royal guards were renowned for having botulinum toxin injected in their faces so they'd never react to a threat."

"Obviously, there is more to the name of the British than I first assumed. I had also heard that there once lived a man named British. Despite being effectively immortal, people still sought ways to kill him for some reason, until they finally killed him with some poisoned bread, whatever that is. It's a parable that was once frequently used to illustrate the futility of becoming immortal, I believe."

Stop circling and stand somewhere along the wall, putting some distance between myself and the door.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: November 24, 2012, 05:58:27 am »

Glancing between the various different suits and rocket-packs worn by the team heading for the elevator, Jobasio frowned a bit.
"I've not seen this elevator, are we all going to fit? If not, I suppose we'll be drawing straws to see which teams get stuck on the bottom waiting for the rest of the group..." He shook his head slightly. 'Then again, being stuck at the top of the elevator wouldn't be much better.'

>Head to the elevator. Assess whether the entire team will fit as one load.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9588 on: November 24, 2012, 06:08:32 am »

"If it can take those APC's, then all of us, easily. It's a cargo elevator, it's meant to be able to carry a lot of stuff. Is everyone here?"

Go get anyone who is lagging behind and drag them onto the elevator. NEXT LEVEL TIME!
You start rounding people up, shoving them onto the elevator, and generally being a big robotic sheepdog to their meandering.

'Hey, Milno, you are going to give that back after the mission, won't you? Cause it was Faith and me who unlocked it, and you just snatched it from us while we were working.'

Go to elevator.
You go to the elevator.

Team D Leader Faith, Elevator in a Pimpin' Exoskeleton

Faith giggled.

"Oh man, I am totally keeping this thing."

Go see if I can salvage anything from the smashed equipment in the LRC room that might be handy for building or upgrading things back on ship.

Then:

The stuff doesn't look like anything special; it's just standard electronic crap and most of it is shredded anyways. You walk back to the elevator.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Main Elevator.

"You're wrong, the British were an empire back before the UWM that controlled just a fraction of some insignificant planet.  Led by their wizard king Harry, they fought other empires called the French over control of the Holy Grail, the Spanish over some sort of religious Inquisition and robotic alien enemies from space called Daleks.  Their royal guards were renowned for having botulinum toxin injected in their faces so they'd never react to a threat."

"Obviously, there is more to the name of the British than I first assumed. I had also heard that there once lived a man named British. Despite being effectively immortal, people still sought ways to kill him for some reason, until they finally killed him with some poisoned bread, whatever that is. It's a parable that was once frequently used to illustrate the futility of becoming immortal, I believe."

Stop circling and stand somewhere along the wall, putting some distance between myself and the door.
You stand against the wall, away from all the doors.

Glancing between the various different suits and rocket-packs worn by the team heading for the elevator, Jobasio frowned a bit.
"I've not seen this elevator, are we all going to fit? If not, I suppose we'll be drawing straws to see which teams get stuck on the bottom waiting for the rest of the group..." He shook his head slightly. 'Then again, being stuck at the top of the elevator wouldn't be much better.'

>Head to the elevator. Assess whether the entire team will fit as one load.
You half walk, half get shoved by bishop, into the elevator. It certainly looks like it will fit everyone, or at least bishop is working prett fucking hard to make it.

The following image pops up on your helmets, robotic eyes, or whatever the hell else you're viewing the world through.

"Team A and B, Take the entertainment District.  C, Take Water production and Trading storage. D, Oxygen production and the farming and food production areas."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: November 24, 2012, 06:12:27 am »

Team D Leader Faith, Main Elevator

"I say we handle Oxygen Production first. Would be good to ensure that's still operational, for one thing, and it should be smaller and simpler, for another."

Drag D Team to Oxygen Production door. If nothing looks amiss, open it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9590 on: November 24, 2012, 06:14:14 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Loading and Unloading

"There's another suit here if anyone wants it." Flint said, pretty sure by now that anyone using them on this level was dead. Wait, that came out wrong...

Examine the spear. Try to open the suit, examine the body and free the spear. If that fails cut the spear free with the monoatomic razor. Then get into the other suit, get the spear and go with my team.

((Are these too many actions? Sorry, but I felt I needed to catch up with my team.))
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 09:11:31 am by Parisbre56 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: November 24, 2012, 06:16:19 am »

"Oh drat," Jobasio said drily as the Commander told them their orders, "You people get all the luck. The entertainment district? Perhaps you'll find time to take in a film whilst there."
He forced a chuckle, then re-checked his gauss rifle as the elevator descended.
"So, team leader? Oxygen or farming, first? Both seem like something desperate folks might fight over in a time of crisis, although especially the latter."
He nodded as Faith made her decision, then readied himself to move on.

>Attempt good humour.

>Wait for elevator ride to end.

>Once on next level, cautiously check the elevator's immediate surroundings, then make my way out facing down one direction with gauss rifle ready to neutralize any hostiles. Presumably someone will do the same in the opposite direction.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 06:19:47 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: November 24, 2012, 07:16:43 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Level 2 Main Elevator.

"Well, no sense in dilly-dallying. Better get ourselves down to Water Production or something."

Carefully head down the corridor to Team C's designated exploration area. Watch out for anything suspicious. Stand next to the Water Production door and examine it.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: November 24, 2012, 07:37:23 am »

((I wish I had gone as well then I could have taken one of those suits.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: November 24, 2012, 08:08:57 am »

((Remalle. Love that joke XD))

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Main Elevator

"Suits? You mean those hooked up to the mining lasers? Anyway, we're five people. Our leader has power armor. Miyamoto, I'd prefer if my shield goes to one who is willing to take point while the rest would provide covering fire. If anyone has any better lighting or scouting apparatus, it would do well. Everyone, could you test your suits if there was any sound amplifiers - the receiving type that could increase the intensity of any sounds received? We're heading towards the Water Storage to search for anything affecting the supply, then we all head - I presume - to the Trading Storage. That place may have a clue to the floor above us, given the supplies. And the open passage to the Storage elevator...

Anyway, I'll be behind you. Miya."

Get the team moving towards the Water production area with the usual plan - I'm providing covering fire. Give my shield for Miyamoto to carry.

Check if anyone among us all has something that could help light the way - like flares. Anyway, listen for any ambient sounds.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 09:22:49 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: November 24, 2012, 08:14:58 am »

"...As an aside. This place was in a vacuum right? This only affected the upper levels, right? How far did our restoration of the [I forgot what it was but the pressure and other things for life] reach?

"If disease - must be airborne or spread by biological host. If virus, may still be in background and we're all contaminated.

Anyone who observed the corpses, were there any gashes or small cuts in their suits?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9596 on: November 24, 2012, 09:09:25 am »

"The only confirmed plague victim I found had been too decomposed to tell for sure, however he seemed fairly intact. No cuts, no anything. Just lots of bleeding from the lungs."

Spoiler: What I know so far (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:01:32 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: November 24, 2012, 09:14:53 am »

...That can't be an earworm...The earworm...Impossible.

"Erm, how did the Mining Laser guys die again? They had big weapons. Do the weapons bear any sign of attack on them? What kind of death did they get - concussion or...? Are their suits damaged?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: November 24, 2012, 09:20:47 am »

((@Radio Controlled: I don't know if you read it, but anyway, I was asking piecewise why Milno hadn't reached the suit first, since he had a clear line of view to the man and a dashing system versus Miyamoto's necessity of opening a door and walking towards the man, and even then Miyamoto got there first and got the laser.

I asked about it, but I didn't want Milno to dash and grab the laser.

@GM: How much fuel consumed in that move?))

[Team B Leader=Milno=No idea]

Milno sighs.
"Bruce. Answer now."

Elevator, leave laser with Miyamoto.

"I just had vision of the laser first and somehow my suit didn't answer, so I stood bolted to the floor while you moved to the man and started to play with him like a rag doll. Don't whine, lemming, I'm not taking it."

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 10:10:51 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: November 24, 2012, 09:42:18 am »

((@Radio Controlled: I don't know if you read it, but anyway, I was asking piecewise why Milno hadn't reached the suit first, since he had a clear line of view to the man and a dashing system versus Miyamoto's necessity of opening a door and walking towards the man, and even then Miyamoto got there first and got the laser.

I asked about it, but now he made Milno dash and grab the laser, but the damage is done already anyway.))

((Yeah, I was quite surprised when it turned out I was first to reach the laser. Oh well, we can figure this out back on-ship, maybe one of us can give the other some tokens for permanent ownership of the laser. Let's see if we can make it out of here alive first.))

Over squad channel: ' 'Hey Flint, we're ready to go down a level, could you hurry up a bit? we've got quite some ground to cover'

'Feyri, you sure you want me to carry the shield? I'm flattered. Oh, and I have thermal vision, which could help in low-light conditions.'

((Edit: this is getting confusing. Cael, you can take the laser for this mission, we'll deal with it later, ok? Besides, it would be good if we spread out the firepower a bit among the teams.))
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 09:44:51 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 1256