Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944518 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9615 on: November 24, 2012, 02:18:37 pm »

Team B - Lukas - Main elevator

Lukas shrugs. "Sounds fine to me."

Lukas follows his team members to the Oxygen production area.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9616 on: November 24, 2012, 02:19:57 pm »

[Team B Sniper: Thomas: Elevator]
Follow Milno, lead May along.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9617 on: November 24, 2012, 02:32:05 pm »

((Gotta love Caellath and his math.))

"Err, I'd rather not - providing support is what I better do, traveling light and moving quick. Mobility...

"Besides, you're doing fine with my shield and that laser!"

((piecewise: How heavy is that laser anyway?))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9618 on: November 24, 2012, 02:41:18 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"I've got your backs..."
Go North, Space Man.
"I've got a bad feeling about the entertainment district.  Look at that layout... if we move as a group whoever's in there could just keep dodging us, or even leave the area entirely, and we'd never notice for being in a completely different area."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9619 on: November 24, 2012, 04:27:40 pm »

Pancaek - Team C- Main elevator
"... So, I've been thinking, do you guys think the disease was the cause of the riot or a weapon used to stop it?"

Follow Stacy to the water production door and stand next to it, ready to breach

"Ready whenever you are to enter, lass"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9620 on: November 24, 2012, 04:52:54 pm »

I find it mildly funny that Everyone is talking about doing things when I don't see that anyone actually posted an action about pressing the button to go down

Well, never mind, we'll assume it was implied.

Name:Flint - Team C - Loading and Unloading

"There's another suit here if anyone wants it." Flint said, pretty sure by now that anyone using them on this level was dead. Wait, that came out wrong...

Examine the spear. Try to open the suit, examine the body and free the spear. If that fails cut the spear free with the monoatomic razor. Then get into the other suit, get the spear and go with my team.

((Are these too many actions? Sorry, but I felt I needed to catch up with my team.))
(nah, I understand, rush and all)

The spear doesn't look so much like a spear as a pneumatic spike on the end of a pole. The phrase "Auto-chisel" is embossed on the the spike's housing. You take the Auto-chisel from the man's hand- it's loosely held- and go back to the cargo bay. You strap yourself in to your new industrial exoskeleon and drop down onto the boxes below, rolling and slowly standing before moving to the elevator just in time to catch it as it descends.

The Elevator descends to the second floor, grinding to a halt at the intersection of 4 hallways. The hallway to the north is pitch black, the others are lit.

Team D Leader Faith, Main Elevator

"I say we handle Oxygen Production first. Would be good to ensure that's still operational, for one thing, and it should be smaller and simpler, for another."

Drag D Team to Oxygen Production door. If nothing looks amiss, open it.
You drag your bevy of bodyguards Down the west path to the door. The door to Oxygen Production is welded shut. Painted on the door is the phrase "For The Greater Good", but it's been crossed out and partially scratched off.

"Oh drat," Jobasio said drily as the Commander told them their orders, "You people get all the luck. The entertainment district? Perhaps you'll find time to take in a film whilst there."
He forced a chuckle, then re-checked his gauss rifle as the elevator descended.
"So, team leader? Oxygen or farming, first? Both seem like something desperate folks might fight over in a time of crisis, although especially the latter."
He nodded as Faith made her decision, then readied himself to move on.

>Attempt good humour.

>Wait for elevator ride to end.

>Once on next level, cautiously check the elevator's immediate surroundings, then make my way out facing down one direction with gauss rifle ready to neutralize any hostiles. Presumably someone will do the same in the opposite direction.
You step off the elevator crouched and swinging the gauss rifle around like an action hero. Faith just walks path you though, so you rather sheepishly follow her to the oxygen production's door.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Level 2 Main Elevator.

"Well, no sense in dilly-dallying. Better get ourselves down to Water Production or something."

Carefully head down the corridor to Team C's designated exploration area. Watch out for anything suspicious. Stand next to the Water Production door and examine it.

You walk down the hall and take a sharp right at the door to water production. It's welded shut with the phrase "For The Greater Good" written across it.

((Remalle. Love that joke XD))

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Main Elevator

"Suits? You mean those hooked up to the mining lasers? Anyway, we're five people. Our leader has power armor. Miyamoto, I'd prefer if my shield goes to one who is willing to take point while the rest would provide covering fire. If anyone has any better lighting or scouting apparatus, it would do well. Everyone, could you test your suits if there was any sound amplifiers - the receiving type that could increase the intensity of any sounds received? We're heading towards the Water Storage to search for anything affecting the supply, then we all head - I presume - to the Trading Storage. That place may have a clue to the floor above us, given the supplies. And the open passage to the Storage elevator...

Anyway, I'll be behind you. Miya."

Get the team moving towards the Water production area with the usual plan - I'm providing covering fire. Give my shield for Miyamoto to carry.

Check if anyone among us all has something that could help light the way - like flares. Anyway, listen for any ambient sounds.

You head to water production along with Ashley after handing over your shield. You ask about flares, though it seems a bit silly when everyone has lamps.

((@Radio Controlled: I don't know if you read it, but anyway, I was asking piecewise why Milno hadn't reached the suit first, since he had a clear line of view to the man and a dashing system versus Miyamoto's necessity of opening a door and walking towards the man, and even then Miyamoto got there first and got the laser.

I asked about it, but I didn't want Milno to dash and grab the laser.

@GM: How much fuel consumed in that move?))

[Team B Leader=Milno=No idea]

Milno sighs.
"Bruce. Answer now."

Elevator, leave laser with Miyamoto.

"I just had vision of the laser first and somehow my suit didn't answer, so I stood bolted to the floor while you moved to the man and started to play with him like a rag doll. Don't whine, lemming, I'm not taking it."

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
(You're at like 99.99% full. It was like a 15 foot dash.)
You give the laser to miyamoto as the elevator descends.

((@Radio Controlled: I don't know if you read it, but anyway, I was asking piecewise why Milno hadn't reached the suit first, since he had a clear line of view to the man and a dashing system versus Miyamoto's necessity of opening a door and walking towards the man, and even then Miyamoto got there first and got the laser.

I asked about it, but now he made Milno dash and grab the laser, but the damage is done already anyway.))

((Yeah, I was quite surprised when it turned out I was first to reach the laser. Oh well, we can figure this out back on-ship, maybe one of us can give the other some tokens for permanent ownership of the laser. Let's see if we can make it out of here alive first.))

Over squad channel: ' 'Hey Flint, we're ready to go down a level, could you hurry up a bit? we've got quite some ground to cover'

'Feyri, you sure you want me to carry the shield? I'm flattered. Oh, and I have thermal vision, which could help in low-light conditions.'

((Edit: this is getting confusing. Cael, you can take the laser for this mission, we'll deal with it later, ok? Besides, it would be good if we spread out the firepower a bit among the teams.))
The reason why you got there first and why Milno didn't is because I didn't think you guys were racing to get it. Half the time I get 2-3 people all doing exactly the same thing so I just let whoever did it first do it, or at least try to do it. I didn't think Milno was using the dash system to get in there fast to make sure he would have the laser, I thought he was just being cautious, in case the guy was still alive. Hence, when you were flailing him around I figured he didn't want to have to do a dex roll to catch hold of him and then an str roll to pry his hand open.

In the future, if you guys are actually trying to beat someone on your team to something or anything similar, let me know. I have no problem doing the rolls for it or anything like that, but I don't want to make assumptions that end in potential rocket tackles or smashed skulls, so I err on the side of safety. Sorry about the mix up here.

[Team A Leader, Jim - Main Elevator]

Jim led his team to the Farming area.

(And with that, I'm off. Later guys. ^^^)
You decide to wait and reassess the situation considering the darkness.

"Oxygen would be best to start off with. Gotta make sure that still works fine before we think about taking other people without suits outta here. Hopefully it wasn't too damaged in the fighting.

Oh, and make sure you keep an eye out for any traps guys. Oxygen is pretty important, and the people living here know that too so any survivors probably took measures to protect it from getting destroyed or damaged."

Off to oxygen production! Make sure to stay alert for traps.
You join faith by the door to Oxygen production.

Jim, where are you going? Command said to go to the entertainment district, not the farming area.

Head to the Entertainment District, dissuade Jim from going against Command's orders and likely being shocked for it.
I'll let you reconsider that since, well, that way looks kinda spooky and perhaps you might want to handle it differently.

Jim led his team to the Farming area.
((Well, Sercon allowed me to control Jim while he happens to be offline, so...))

Jim's Action: Realize the Command has sent A & B to the Entertainment District before being shocked, head that way.

Milno: Follow Jim.

You stand with jim, not moving into the darkness yet. 

"I will follow you, Saint Milno.  Praise be to Steve!"

Follow Milno.  Observe surroundings.
You stay with milno.

Kyle: Follow Milno following Jim following Command's orders to the Entertainment district. Take the elevator down if I haven't already.
You stay with the group, hovering on the edge of the dark hall.

'Feyri, you're pretty strong, would you like to carry the laser for now? Cause I can't use the laser and your shield at the same time.'

'Team C, let's form up. Everybody ready to go?'

Give Feyri either her shield or the laser, depending on what she chooses.
Go to our objective once the lift goes down, stay weary of traps. Use thermal vision to check ahead.

You Follow Feyri, offering her her shield or the laser while scanning the hall. You see nothing beyond your own teammates.

Team B - Lukas - Main elevator

Lukas shrugs. "Sounds fine to me."

Lukas follows his team members to the Oxygen production area.
You Follow Faith to the door.

[Team B Sniper: Thomas: Elevator]
Follow Milno, lead May along.

You follow Milno to the edge of the darkness and then stop.

((Gotta love Caellath and his math.))

"Err, I'd rather not - providing support is what I better do, traveling light and moving quick. Mobility...

"Besides, you're doing fine with my shield and that laser!"

((piecewise: How heavy is that laser anyway?))
It and the battery pack are pretty freaking heavy. The pack is like 200 lbs and the laser itself is just as heavy, if not a bit more. These things are torn from mining machinery, they're not designed to be carried by hand so they're rather heavy. Those Industrial exoskeletons are twice as strong as a standard exoskeleton.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"I've got your backs..."
Go North, Space Man.
"I've got a bad feeling about the entertainment district.  Look at that layout... if we move as a group whoever's in there could just keep dodging us, or even leave the area entirely, and we'd never notice for being in a completely different area."

Dark, scary, no go yet. Give characters time to reconsider actions because of new information.

Pancaek - Team C- Main elevator
"... So, I've been thinking, do you guys think the disease was the cause of the riot or a weapon used to stop it?"

Follow Stacy to the water production door and stand next to it, ready to breach

"Ready whenever you are to enter, lass"
You follow Stacy to the door and stare at the writing on the door. Well, thats odd.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9621 on: November 24, 2012, 04:59:23 pm »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Door to Water Production.

"Greater good, eh? Probably something interesting in there, then."

To Miyamoto: "Hey, do you want to punch through this door or should I melt it? I figure there's got to be something behind it. Why else would they seal it?"

Ask Miyamoto. If he wants me to melt the door, shoo people from door and melt a hole in the door that's large enough for all of the normal sized teammates to easily fit through. If not, stand back from the door.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:20:01 pm by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9622 on: November 24, 2012, 05:10:05 pm »

pancaek - team c - door to water production

"Oh, good, I was almost worried we woudn't be fighting fanatics of some kind. That or the virus is in there and some guy sacrificed himself by locking it from the inside."

"Say lass, need some help melting that? I've got thermite goo, a microwave amp and some spoons."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9623 on: November 24, 2012, 05:13:23 pm »

[Team A Leader - Jim]

"Lamps on."
Turn suit lamp on, cautiously lead team on down the hall to the entertainment district.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Right you are, other person."
Lamp on, follow Jim.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:15:01 pm by Remalle »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9624 on: November 24, 2012, 05:18:12 pm »

pancaek - team c - door to water production

"Oh, good, I was almost worried we woudn't be fighting fanatics of some kind. That or the virus is in there and some guy sacrificed himself by locking it from the inside."

"Say lass, need some help melting that? I've got thermite goo, a microwave amp and some spoons."

"Let's wait until our fearless leader gives the go-ahead, lassie. After all, wouldn't want to waste our batteries, ammo or patience on the doors when we've got a perfectly good juggernaut in power armor to smash them down already."
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 06:12:12 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9625 on: November 24, 2012, 05:22:17 pm »

Name: Flint / Bloody Miner - Team C - Water production, outer door

"I don't think there will be anyone alive in there but we might as well go ahead. An order's an order and all that. I've got this chisel here and this suit that can help."

If the team asks, use the chisel and arms to open the door. Else examine the exosuit for light lamps.

"Good to see someone remained sane here. Locking people out of water production means that the (probably) automated systems in continued to work. Also means that someone who wants to spread the disease can't use the water to do so."
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:55:24 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: November 24, 2012, 05:22:43 pm »

"Let's wait until our fearless leader gives the go-ahead, lassie. After all, wouldn't want to waste our batteries, ammo or patience on the door when we've got a perfectly good juggernaut in power armor to smash them down already."

"Right you are. lassie?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: November 24, 2012, 05:41:29 pm »

Lights on, and head down the hall.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: November 24, 2012, 06:30:37 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Lights on, advance down the hall with Jim.

"Keep on trucking, lights on."

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9629 on: November 24, 2012, 07:09:33 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 1256