Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 931 932 [933] 934 935 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942816 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #13980 on: May 16, 2013, 01:00:27 am »

Well my addiction cant really be that bad if i have eneough self control to sit perfectly still for ten hours, let us be off and doing stuff.

stumble around outside where the anomaly shard was buried and use my suits geiger counter to measure the ambient radiation every hour or two, maybe it will be safe to tranfer into that container in a few weeks.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13981 on: May 16, 2013, 01:52:28 am »

Radio to Mesk: When you're done with treating people, would you come to the lab and bring some of your equipment? We've a dissection to do on this specimen, and since you're the team's rough equivalent of a doctor, I feel you should be in on it.

'If you need Gilgamesh, just ask, but know that it might be a while if we're right in the middle of something.'

((@ paris: you might want to switch me and simus in the team status. I'll be red team, she'll be yellow for a while.))

'Ok Red team, I want everyone, EVERYONE, to report their location and what they're doing. We're going to send in a drone in here first, after that we'll either explore the cave, go pick up that downed shuttle or go to Bighex 18 to catch us some space critters. If you have an idea for another project, I might be inclined to let you, but lets get organised first.

And Anton, how is that trailer coming along? 'Cause I'll need it for something soon. Is that thing hooked up to the MPV?'

If possible, send in drone to start mapping cave. Also check if it would be possible to manually enter this cave. And scan around with cameyes for anything. And who else is here anyway?

Quote from:  To base camp
I need someone at base camp to build me a few sturdy cages/boxes for catching some specimens here. Someone on Green team should get on this while they are waiting anyway. I'll need at least 5, possibly more. I could also use 2 strong nets and a 'harpoon gun' that uses compressed gas of sorts, since that methane gas means we can't just shoot them.

((Cue me bossin' around people over the internet.))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:37:24 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13982 on: May 16, 2013, 02:12:37 am »

Lukas

Lukas reports back to Miyamoto:

I'm at the cave entrance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Anatoli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13983 on: May 16, 2013, 03:44:13 am »

Team what's the point of writing this if you don't group it together anyway.

((I'll just assume that that's the answer Alvin gave me, regarding the tests. So those black hexes it is then.

Also, I wonder if we get our physical stats raised at some point, since we're doing so much walking. Since I began by playing character who haven't seen any action for years, but now we've been walking every day now.))

Going onward discovering things.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13984 on: May 16, 2013, 05:11:49 am »

What computer programs does it have?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13985 on: May 16, 2013, 05:27:24 am »

I am in the labs doing nothing really useful, have you any orders?
Follow red leaders orders
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13986 on: May 16, 2013, 07:16:05 am »

"HE SEEMS TO BE SLOWLY TURNING INTO THE DOCTOR. MAYBE SOME SORT OF HIVEMIND. DAMN ALIENS."

PILLS HERE! Pop a pill, and watch Mesk do his dissection.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13987 on: May 16, 2013, 07:34:17 am »

"HE SEEMS TO BE SLOWLY TURNING INTO THE DOCTOR. MAYBE SOME SORT OF HIVEMIND. DAMN ALIENS."
((Is this the point where we start placing bets on how many people will end up undergoing bodily modification similar to the Doctor's services by the time the mission's over?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13988 on: May 16, 2013, 08:13:11 am »

((Is this the point where we start placing bets on how many people will end up undergoing bodily modification similar to the Doctor's services by the time the mission's over?))
((This is the part where we run away.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13989 on: May 16, 2013, 11:17:12 am »

Flint Westwood - Blue squad

((@ paris: you might want to switch me and simus in the team status. I'll be red team, she'll be yellow for a while.))
((Yeah, sorry, been a bit busy lately and have not been updating the notes. Hopefully nothing will come up this weekend and I'll be able to work on them a bit. I'll switch you in the team status though, just so that everyone can tell in which team they're in.))

"You think that perhaps he was running away from something? Perhaps there are dangerous mental effects further away..."

Help the teamleader, make sure he doesn't fall in the hole or get eaten by alien salt seals or anything. Make sure he includes the place we collected the sample in the label.

Check those gel-sacks I'm carrying (I think it was one with a piece of a dark tower in and one without). Check for changes in size, colour, texture, squishiness, etc.

Check for signs of burnt or melted crystal near the crash site. Were its engines still operational when it crahsed? Was there some fire or explosion? How intact are the objects in the cabin?

Poke the liquid with a pole. Check for damage to the pole. Check whether or not the scout eyes can move in liquid. If yes, put one in the liquid and have it look around for a bit before returning. If it can survive in liquid but just can't move and the liquid is not opaque, tie it on the end of a rope and lower it in the liquid, just to take a look around.

Do the domes look high enough and small enough that the shuttle could have been entering when one it got cut in half by them?
((Just wondering how it could be going east when we have its engine part here, because having the engine part going east means that the shuttle had to be cut in half when it was entering the dome.)) If not, wonder how the engine part of the shuttle ended up going east of the domes, assuming this was caused by the domes.

((I'm starting to feel bad for doing so many actions per turn.))

EDIT:Fixe'd spelling mistakes.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:53:08 pm by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13990 on: May 16, 2013, 11:28:51 am »

Do the domes look high enough and small enough that the shuttle could have been entering when one it got cut in half by them? ((Just wandering how it could be going east when we have its engine part here, because having the engine part going east means that the shuttle had to be cut in half when it was entering the dome.)) If not, wonder how the engine part of the shuttle ended up going east of the domes, assuming this was caused by the domes.
((THAT, is exactly the sort of thing that I requested the simulation for. To find out where it was cut, and it's flight plan. Maybe you're just better at phrasing those things. And meh, an okay number of actions, considering only us really exploring stuff.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13991 on: May 16, 2013, 11:35:42 am »

((I have an Idea of how the domes work, but I'm pretty sure it would be meta to tell you in ooc.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13992 on: May 16, 2013, 11:38:35 am »

I am in the labs doing nothing really useful, have you any orders?
Follow red leaders orders

For Corsair's char: Rendez-vous at cave with rest of Red team.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13993 on: May 16, 2013, 12:59:12 pm »

Interesting.  This one requires further study, Lars thought.

Study this info deeply- is there any more that could be delved from its words and images?

Hard to say. It depends on if you want to take it's existence at face value or if you want to question it. And if you question it, how far your knowledge extends.

As soon as he's finished with Morul, Mesk radios back "You got it, Simus.  I think I'm just about done with these victims here, so I have some free time 'til the next batch comes in."
Grab my dissectin' gear and mosey on down to the labs.
"I meant victims of the anomaly, not... uh, you get the picture."

You take some gear to the lab and sit down to dissect.

And then you promptly stand back up again because the thing you need to dissect is far to fucking heavy for you to move or manipulate on your own. You'd have to render the thing down into dozens of pieces just to lug them around, and that would kinda ruin the dissection. What you need is a lab assistant. One with some great pecs and abs.

Or maybe a big dumb robot.

Ooooh Shiny! Team

Take a good sample of the fluid carefully and store it away, as well as taking a few samples of some of the broken hard stuff. Then round up the team and head on out to our next designated zone.

You grab a sample of the fluid and seal the container. As you watch, the exposed fluid begins to slowly harden and crystallize, forming a solid film over the newly opened hole. The fluid in the container does the same, forming a layer over the top while the rest of the fluid underneath remains unchanged.

Well my addiction cant really be that bad if i have eneough self control to sit perfectly still for ten hours, let us be off and doing stuff.

stumble around outside where the anomaly shard was buried and use my suits geiger counter to measure the ambient radiation every hour or two, maybe it will be safe to tranfer into that container in a few weeks.

You get out of bed, walk 10 feet and collapse. You pick yourself up, go another 10 feet and then collapse. Perhaps walking several miles in this state would be ill advised.

Radio to Mesk: When you're done with treating people, would you come to the lab and bring some of your equipment? We've a dissection to do on this specimen, and since you're the team's rough equivalent of a doctor, I feel you should be in on it.

'If you need Gilgamesh, just ask, but know that it might be a while if we're right in the middle of something.'

'Ok Red team, I want everyone, EVERYONE, to report their location and what they're doing. We're going to send in a drone in here first, after that we'll either explore the cave, go pick up that downed shuttle or go to Bighex 18 to catch us some space critters. If you have an idea for another project, I might be inclined to let you, but lets get organised first.

And Anton, how is that trailer coming along? 'Cause I'll need it for something soon. Is that thing hooked up to the MPV?'

If possible, send in drone to start mapping cave. Also check if it would be possible to manually enter this cave. And scan around with cameyes for anything. And who else is here anyway?

Quote from:  To base camp
I need someone at base camp to build me a few sturdy cages/boxes for catching some specimens here. Someone on Green team should get on this while they are waiting anyway. I'll need at least 5, possibly more. I could also use 2 strong nets and a 'harpoon gun' that uses compressed gas of sorts, since that methane gas means we can't just shoot them.

((Cue me bossin' around people over the internet.))
Looks like It's you, Denzel and Lukas.

As per the cave, it looks like the entrance and as far into the cave as you can see is traversable, even for you in your suit. However, it's impossible to tell how far, and how large are small it's gonna get beyond there.

As per mapping it with a drone...you're not really sure. They're designed to be flying above the terrain and avoiding obstacles. You throw them in the cave they might read obstacles all around them and just refuse to move or fly out again.

Team what's the point of writing this if you don't group it together anyway.

((I'll just assume that that's the answer Alvin gave me, regarding the tests. So those black hexes it is then.

Also, I wonder if we get our physical stats raised at some point, since we're doing so much walking. Since I began by playing character who haven't seen any action for years, but now we've been walking every day now.))

Going onward discovering things.
Uh...I'm not entirely sure who you are, mr. Anatoli. I feel as though you may have logged on to the wrong profile.

What computer programs does it have?
Mostly it's just for keeping track of the map, the cameras, and the base's various systems. It's got a few basic programs like a word processor and paint program. No kickass games man.

PILLS HERE! Pop a pill, and watch Mesk do his dissection.
"I HAVE EATEN THE PILL. HOWEVER MY ATTEMPTS TO WATCH YOU PERFORM A DISSECTION HAVE FAILED."

Flint Westwood - Blue squad

((Yeah, sorry, been a bit busy lately and have not been updating the notes. Hopefully nothing will come up this weekend and I'll be able to work on them a bit. I'll switch you in the team status though, just so that everyone can tell in which team they're in.))

"You think that perhaps he was running away from something? Perhaps there are dangerous mental effects further away..."

Help the teamleader, make sure he doesn't fall in the hole or get eaten by alien salt seals or anything. Make sure he includes the place we collected the sample in the label.

Check those gel-sacks I'm carrying (I think it was one with a piece of a dark tower in and one without). Check for changes in size, colour, texture, squishiness, etc.

Check for signs of burnt or melted crystal near the crash site. Were its engines still operational when it crahsed? Was there some fire or explosion? How intact are the objects in the cabin?

Poke the liquid with a pole. Check for damage to the pole. Check whether or not the scout eyes can move in liquid. If yes, put one in the liquid and have it look around for a bit before returning. If it can survive in liquid but just can't move and the liquid is not opaque, tie it on the end of a rope and lower it in the liquid, just to take a look around.

Do the domes look high enough and small enough that the shuttle could have been entering when one it got cut in half by them?
((Just wandering how it could be going east when we have its engine part here, because having the engine part going east means that the shuttle had to be cut in half when it was entering the dome.)) If not, wonder how the engine part of the shuttle ended up going east of the domes, assuming this was caused by the domes.

((I'm starting to feel bad for doing so many actions per turn.))

The sacks appear to have sort of spread a bit in their containers; specifically the semi-opaque that acts as a film on the gel itself has spread out and started growing along the walls of the container. It's happened equally in both containers. Other then that, they seem unchanged.

The crystals don't appear melted but the beginning of the ditch itself is scorched, so the engines must have been active when the thing crashed. There's no sign of fire in the ship itself, and the contents are damaged but not beyond recognition. The crash must have happened at a rather shallow angle, with the wreckage skidding along and losing it's momentum more gradually then a straight crash.

You dip your pole in the fluid and leave it there for a few seconds before pulling it out. It comes back coated in a thin layer of crystals. Probably not the sort of thing thats good for a drone. Not to mention the drones rockets probably arent the best for handing fluid exploration.

The domes are all fairly large and quite tall, but you still don't see how the ship could have been sliced like this and ended up where it is. Unless they're some property of the domes you haven't discovered yet. 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13994 on: May 16, 2013, 01:01:41 pm »

Interesting.  This one requires further study, Lars thought.

Study this info deeply- is there any more that could be delved from its words and images?

Hard to say. It depends on if you want to take it's existence at face value or if you want to question it. And if you question it, how far your knowledge extends.

Every word is truth, of course!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 931 932 [933] 934 935 ... 1256