Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3873206 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15645 on: August 14, 2013, 12:37:23 pm »

((@piecewise:Radio Controlled is talking about the beetle he and Lukas caught in the black tower forest. Don't remember what happened to it after they captured it. Think they sent it back to base with a shuttle?))

((Indeed I am, and I remember it being deposited in the lab. Not 100% sure if it was still alive at that point, Kinda think it was. Is probably dead by now though anyway, so it doesn't matter.))

"We're leaving it be? It doesn't require an entire team to follow it, one man on rocketbike would do. If it causes any changes in the existing landscape, it might be worth observing. I remember Flint was hot about this sort of thing."

"To be honest, it's rather difficult for me to give an accurate assessment of your situation going on such limited intell. Hmm. You know what? I'm willing to throw you a bone here: I can add Lukas to your squad so he and Denzel could track it for the time being. Two robots should be able to keep up with it, or at least not tire running after it. It's the best I can do right now. That would mean you and Zephyris would be alone though. If this sounds doable to you, I'll tell Lukas about it."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15646 on: August 14, 2013, 02:52:01 pm »

"To be honest, it's rather difficult for me to give an accurate assessment of your situation going on such limited intell. Hmm. You know what? I'm willing to throw you a bone here: I can add Lukas to your squad so he and Denzel could track it for the time being. Two robots should be able to keep up with it, or at least not tire running after it. It's the best I can do right now. That would mean you and Zephyris would be alone though. If this sounds doable to you, I'll tell Lukas about it."
"Nah, a two man squad is something I would prefer to avoid. Well, we'll just leave it be then. Good luck with everything else that's happening around."

(Queen's studio stuff is really good, but you should see their live stuff for what makes them great.  Namely, Freddie Mercury being Freddie Mercury.  Though their studio output is still worth listening to if you have an ear for music.)
((You know, considering that almost all of the stuff I listen to is Polish, Russian, French, Israeli, and... Japanese, and that the only English-speaking entities I actually really like are Leonard Cohen and Blackmore Night, (Oscar Wilde too, but his stuff is pure poetry.) I don't think I will really like the Queen no matter how popular it is.))

((I'm east of the motion anomalies. The colossus left goo in a trench. Writing the notes must help me remember stuff because I find it strange how badly people remember things. Granted, it's been almost a year in this mission, but still...
((Actually, I have a pretty good memory, and I remember pretty much everything that has happened this mission. However, all of my anomaly memories are based on the map. It's how I remember things, and it's why I constantly ask for the map to get updated. It's not on the map while being a physical presence that can be put there? There is a good chance I will not remember it.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15647 on: August 14, 2013, 03:39:20 pm »

Are they just standing there looking preety or are they moving/eating/singing/contemplating their mortality?

How big are they? Could I stuff them in a sample container or do I need to slice them up?

Is there an atmosphere? Does the ground look any different?

Throw a rock at one of them. How does it react?

If they don't shoot lasers or some other long ranged weapon send a drone to map the area. Have it return at the first sign of something stranger then the blobs.

((Blue team found serpentine scales, a large hole and an enormous creature moving beneath the earth. The name of the place I stayed for the past week translates to Dragon's Hole. I find the coincidence amusing.))
They're sort of...wiggling? They're moving, very slowly churning, but not really doing a whole lot. Their internal metallic whatever-they-are is moving too.

Some are big, some are rather small. It's like some have clumped together into big chunks a dozen feet tall and spreading out for hundreds of feet in all directions while some are only about as big as your head and all the sizes in-between.

You throw a rock at one of the things thats about the size of a car. The rock lands and sinks in a little bit, but then is wiggled and spat back out. Not violently, just sort of gently punted.

You send the drone out and it successfully maps most of the area without a problem. Hm. Easy enough.

((Where exactly are you right now? Because do you mean those blobs left by the Colossus? You don't really need to map them.
Also, I find it funny that Flint just keeps wandering off as soon as he's repaired. Miyamoto and Simus are probably really annoyed at you at this point. I wonder if they'll even care if you slice your legs up again.

Also, that thing is now moving North-East. Base, beware!

BICYCLE BICYCLE! I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYCLE
Are you mocking me?))

Look around, then take a nap. (Vich is probably really tired at this point.)
Hmm. In the general area around you there doesn't seem to be much more then the storm thats that interesting. Mostly just gray rock. Oh well.

You pass out while standing up, sleeping like some sort of weird horse or maybe a parakeet.

"What on earth was that?"
"No idea and i dont think want to find out. Its probably being attracted by the vibrations caused by me dragging the shuttle, perhaps we should make a break for it and collect the shuttle later.

stop dragging the shuttle and move about 50 feet away from it, place gilgameshes hand upon the ground and try to determine if the vibrations are getting closer or moving away.
From where you are, they appear to be directly underneath you, or at least somewhere close to that. However, they feel like they're moving somewhat northeastward.

Get ALVIN to send me a list of all the things it can detect that's wrong with the base, and then sort them out in order of priority. What don't we need? What needs to be fixed NOW? What can wait a bit?
Basically all of ALVIN's exterior sensors are melted or otherwise damaged. The ones inside the base are, for the most part, intact, at least in the parts of the base that still exist. According to him, the most important sensors would be the ones ringed around the base about a mile out. Replacements for them can be found in the AI core. He recommends you replace them quickly, because without them he cannot detect any incoming threats.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15648 on: August 14, 2013, 03:41:10 pm »

"I think it may be best to get back to base."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15649 on: August 14, 2013, 03:44:43 pm »

"With all due respect, Vich, we need to finish mapping the entire area- two person teams is less safe, but it can work. If Lukas can come out here with enough supplies to last us until Steve shows back up, and we head north over to the white domes, then we can probably get some work done while you and Zeph cover around here."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15650 on: August 14, 2013, 04:11:57 pm »

Vich was woken up by the voices coming from his radio. Oh great.

"With all due respect, Vich, we need to finish mapping the entire area- two person teams is less safe, but it can work. If Lukas can come out here with enough supplies to last us until Steve shows back up, and we head north over to the white domes, then we can probably get some work done while you and Zeph cover around here."
"That is a good point. However, the problem is that both of us are wearing an MKI suit, and have no medical expertise to seal a leak in our suits if they as much as get punctured. Which means that if anything happens, both of us are dead. And unless you want me to use my brain-dead companion as a trap-finder, I do not want to take the risk of exploring this hell-hole without either a robot or somebody with a more advanced suit.

Now, it might be different for you, since you're not as afraid of punctures, although I would still question the wisdom of going alone. Remember when that radio broke? It could have been you shutting yourself down. And that's leaving aside any anomalies that might affect robots.

And to make things worse, I have very scarce technical skills, which also makes me not the best choice for traveling alone with a robot. And actually, wasn't Miyamoto talking specifically about you keeping up with the underground thing? I don't think he meant for you to go exploring the other parts of the area. The Lucas + You team that was proposed, would lack a person with technical skills, and so probably wouldn't be the best idea for an extended period of time.

Oh, and regarding the mission to map out the entire area. The most important thing for us is to keep working at a manageable pace and not over-extend ourselves. We map as much as we can, because overextending ourselves is a really, really bad idea."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15651 on: August 14, 2013, 04:50:32 pm »

"Well, either way, I want the food/nutripack supplies not all concentrated in the base- in case it gets hit again. I know we have some here, but I don't think it's enough if base goes down. And you do have a point. I will explore with you guys, though I'd rather not follow the train-thing- for one, I'm too far away for foot pursuit, and two, there are others closer."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15652 on: August 14, 2013, 04:52:36 pm »

"Hmmm... I'm going to name you... Discoblobs. No, that doesn't sound right... How about... Sparklytapes? Ribbonblobs?"

Carefully approach a small and isolated blob and carefully try to force it in a container without touching it. If nothing bad happens, catch a couple more.

Shine some light on a blob. Do those metal things move faster when struck by light?
Can I see them eating something or reproducing?

If all is well, rock throw my way north, to the sector east of the white domes.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:08:17 am by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15653 on: August 14, 2013, 04:55:23 pm »

"Well, either way, I want the food/nutripack supplies not all concentrated in the base- in case it gets hit again. I know we have some here, but I don't think it's enough if base goes down. And you do have a point. I will explore with you guys, though I'd rather not follow the train-thing- for one, I'm too far away for foot pursuit, and two, there are others closer."
"Good. In that case I'll take a nap while you go back to me, and once we're all together, we'll continue exploring."

Take another nap to get fully rested.

((Eh, might as well continue exploring.))

Follow the Dust Storm until something weird happens. Zephyris first.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:59:13 pm by Thearpox »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15654 on: August 14, 2013, 06:05:41 pm »

"Bluh. Whaaat? Musta spaced out there. What were we doing?"

Onwards to whatever zone Red team was ordered to. Finally.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15655 on: August 14, 2013, 07:05:56 pm »

Join up with the rest of my team. Continue exploring, rock-throwing as usual.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15656 on: August 14, 2013, 07:32:35 pm »

((Sorry for not posting for a while, school's been eating up a lot of my free time.))

All Red team members, now hear this: if you aren't assembled at the base within a day we will be leaving you behind and going on our mission. If you are incapable of getting here within that time due to somehow being trapped, then radio it in and we can get you out of whatever hole you fell into.

Properly label Flint's flatground fraction as such. Then, await panicked calls from the team members who've wandered off and probably gotten themselves stuck.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 07:40:01 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15657 on: August 14, 2013, 08:38:15 pm »

"Right, ok... Listen up! I need one person to come with me in repairing and replacing the outside sensors for ALVIN. Expect plenty of walking, carrying of stuff and maybe some technical stuff. Those who want to come willingly, meet me in the AI core ASAP."

Bishop broadcasted over the radio before packing up and heading towards the AI core.

Head to the AI core and check out the replacement sensors to get an idea on how to replace the fried out ones.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:02:54 am by Zako »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15658 on: August 14, 2013, 09:25:37 pm »

check ground with thermal radar/vision, the cameras were modified to see through walls, maybe ill get lucky and spot the thingamajig.

Once heat blob/ vibrations are gone recommence dragging, if they return drop the shuttle grab jack and run.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15659 on: August 15, 2013, 12:36:39 pm »

"Right, ok... Listen up! I need one person to come with me in repairing and replacing the outside sensors for ALVIN. Expect plenty of walking, carrying of stuff and maybe some technical stuff. Those who want to come willingly, meet me in the AI core ASAP."
"I can help out. If you can spare a minute to help me motorize my wheelchair, we can use it as a cart."

Forgo the rocketbike modification for now, and focus on motorizing the wheelchair. Use the Red Hand as a powersource (make some kind of cuff to tap into the generator, connected by wires so that both hands are free when driving), and fashion a simple steering mechanism to control which way the front wheels turn. Accept Bishop's help if he comes, and add horizontal rails to the arms of the chair, so that something can be laid across them for carrying.

((Also, I forgot. Did whoever took the MPV take the trailer with them too?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 1256